Sand-dunes and Sandstorms - A Neopets RP

Parry

The story JB (for she had found out that was the Bori's name) was telling seemed implausible, but Liliana took detailed notes on it, just in case. She was distracted in her writing by sudden movement outside the window. She watched a Skeith emerge from a large bag, and a dark figure dart away with astonishing speed.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JB ran outside, wondering why he'd stayed to talk to that girl, who spoke with an accent, and, once again, jumped on the back of the stranger.

((And you don't have to call me the story JB, okay?))

Meanwhile, the Fountain Faerie was still at the door of Citaylen's lair, waiting for an answer.

"Sorry," apologised Alesha, though she spoke in a somewhat flat tone. She blinked as she watched JB jump onto the stranger, and then she made her way back to the tent, where she suddenly spotted Lilia for the first time. Marik approached the blue Aisha as Alesha went to see how Beta was recovering.

"Hello," he said. "You don't look like you're from here."

Liliana smiled shyly at the ((er, what was Marik again? I'll look it up.)) who spoke to her. "I'm from Neopia Central," she answered quietly. Marik seemed to expect her to continue, so she complied. "I'm an exchange student here, studying archaeology. In fact, I was looking at new ruins when I stumbled upon that Bori there." She gestured toward JB. "Do you happen to know how he got there?"

((Haha, no, the story the character JB was telling. :P And can I go ahead and enter my Eyrie professor, in the event that I need to use him?

Username: livvy

Name: Alrik

Colour and species: Desert Eyrie

Petpet: Apis

Petpetpet: N/A

Home: Lost Desert

Personality: Intellectual, perpetually calm, though he harbors a love of adventure in his old bones...

Other: Alrik is an aged Eyrie who uses his expanse of knowledge to educate younger Neopets on the the mysteries and wonders of the Lost Desert. His current pupil is a bright but shy young Aisha by the name of Lilianavera... he had long since given up on learning her whole name.))

((EDIT2: Aww, JB, I was going to use her being there.))

((EDIT3: I just realized my story conflicted with what Tri-Nom typed. Dx I'm sorry, I'm awful at this.))

((yep. you're allowed up to two characters))

Meanwhile, the Fountain Faerie grew bored of waiting, and flew to Sahkmet to find someone else to give a quest to.

Edit: do you mean JB? He's a boy.

Edit2: And doesn't ANYONE realize I'm in a death match? No, you're just talking about me.

Anyway:

JB grabbed a sword from a nearby person, and started circling around, while his opponent did the same. Then the masked stranger lunged, but JB got out of harm's way. He, himself,lunged at the masked Neopets, and hit him right in the arm he was holding his sword in. His arm dropped the sword, and he was begging for mercy.

Lili ran out to the street with hasty apologies to Marik. She noticed the stranger bleeding, and with very little thought found herself running towards him. Her Mauket friend mewed loudly at her as she passed; she looked over and saw him playing with a roll of fabric. Lili snatched it up and tore a piece from the roll, smiling gratefully at the Mauket. She approached the stranger to wrap his arm and stop the bleeding, but as she neared him, he snapped at her. She jumped, taken aback by his rejection of her help.

((JB, perhaps we should slow down with the action so we don't completely lose any characters. =\ ))

Pretty soon, the Fountain Faerie had reached Sahkmet. She looked down, and saw a little Neopet, playing with a toy truck, on the corner of the street. She zoomed down to him.

JB stared at the Stranger, and then, started taking off his mask. Inside revealed Jb and Frank4t's mom, a Desert Kyrii!

((Okay))

After hours of walking up and down sandy hills in the merciless desert sun, Fiwawou and his bodyguard Chuukou noticed what looked like a town far away in the distance. They weren't sure if it was an illusion created by the heat or truly Sakhmet, but there wasn't a more promising thing in this wasteland of sand so it was the only way to go.

Fiwawou however, was at the end of his endurance in these circumstances. He dragged himself forward, eyes nearly closing until he collapsed in the sand. Normally Fiwawou would be able to manage walking through a desert all day, not that he ever did, but he had the endurance because of the singing and dancing during his concerts and training. But the circumstances were he had had a concert in altador last night until early morning, then immediately took the private jet to Sakhmet, the next location for his world-tour, crashed in a sandstorm, and walked through the desert for hours without food or water.

For Chuukou it was a different story, he didn't have to work until he got on the jet, though being a bodyguard he had more strength then endurance. He was tired, thirsty and hungry, but didn't have a choice. He wiped sweat off his forehead and bent down to pick up the celebrity, piggybacking his unconscious body; each step he took taking them closer to Shenkuu. One thing bothered him though, since Fiwa wasn't disguised they would get swarmed by fans. No, he couldn't let that happen, he had to find a way to get to Fiwa's private hotel-suite unnoticed.

The Kyrii, upon being unmasked, began yapping angrily at JB, and hardly noticed Lili as she quickly tied the cloth around the Kyrii's arm to stop the bleeding. That done, Lili headed back to the tent where the Lutari and Alrik were still talking, picking up the Mauket on the way. As she entered the room, Alrik greeted her.

"Here she is," he said warmly to the Lutari. "My student, Lilianaver... ah, I never could say it correctly."

"Lilianaveranaliciana," she smiled. At the look on the Lutari's face, she added, "But you can call me Lili." She turned tentatively to Alrik. "I... suppose I ought to return to my studies?"

Alrik smiled gently. "Oh, stay here, child. You've done quite enough studying for today. I'll head back to the ruins and see what I can dig up."

Lili looked pleased, but concerned. "You're certain you don't mind, Professor?"

"Not a bit," he answered. "Stay, talk to Marik. You did so unexpectedly run out on him earlier." He then stepped outside the tent, stretched his wings, and leapt into the air.

---

A short while later, Alrik was flying over the expanse of the desert. It was a particularly hot day, and the updrafts were strong. From his vantage point, he spotted two tiny figures in the sand, moving quite slowly. He dropped a little, and saw that one of them appeared to be unconscious, and... inexplicably familiar.

JB was still listening to his mother drone on

".....for your own protection..."

He checked his watch. 9:34 PM

"..... can't believe you accepted...."

9:41PM

".....Always fighting....."

9:57

"Mom, can I go to bed now? I'm getting really tired"

He said, giving a fake yawn.

The Desert Kyrii sighed, gave her son a hug, then went to her car, which was parked a few feet away.

She drove away so fast it was almost as though she had disappeared into thin-air.

JB then went to the hotel, not knowing of it's vast underground treasures, and went to bed.

Meanwhile, frank4t had drifted away to the street corner, where he saw the two Fountain Faeries arguing.

OOC

Posting speed: I'm a little worried about the posting speed. I chose to do neopets RP on a forum not only because neopets.com barely allows anything in RP, but also because the posts on forums contain more quality and therefore require more time to write.

When posting at a forum I expect a certain quality. You know, taking the time to write a good post and patiently wait until someone else finds the time to make time to write a good post as well. So sorry JB I don't want to be nasty on you or anything, but it really seems you're very new to RP'ing on forums. Please post forum-posts instead of chat-posts, because those little posts are more suited for neopets.com chat RP on the RP boards. Also describe more, throughout reading your posts I often found myself confused, not knowing entirely what had just happened to your characters.

for example this sentence of yours: "JB stared at the Stranger, and then, started taking off his mask. Inside revealed Jb and Frank4t's mom, a Desert Kyrii!"

okay so JB has a magical mask, that when taken off reflects his mother? Then suddenly another fountain faerie comes, and then either she or JB's mom (inside the mask, how awkward) say one of the faeries is an imposter.

In other words, you leave out way to much information leaving us completely clueless about what is happening with your chars. You need to describe why it is happening, to who, how the happening looks like, yadda, yadda, yadda. The way you're RP'ing is 'this happens, that happens, this happens' and nobody has a clue what is happening to your chars and why.

((I am inclined to agree, Raichi. I have tried to explain to JB that he needs to be more patient and elaborate on his posts. JB, she's quite right. (Er, he?) This is not to discourage you from posting, merely from posting so quickly, and to encourage you to develop your characters.))

Walking through the desert for hours was already a challenge for any shadow neopet; Now carrying Fiwawou on his back however made it even harder on Chuukou. Sweat was pouring down his body and it was a long, long walk until Shenkuu. Halfway through he decided to have a small break, not having a clue that they had been spotted by a desert Eyerie. His thirst and hunger said otherwise though, but sitting down for a few minutes was really the best thing to do if he didn't want to get fired. If a fan would find out about Fiwa, Chuukou would have to be capable of holding them off as a proper bodyguard. If he had continued walking he probably wouldn't of been capable of protecting Fiwawou.

He sat down in lotus position, laying the celebrity in his lap so he could shadow him with his body. After all, aside from becoming extremely hot in the sun, black fur had a positive side; it gave better protection to the skin in the burning heat. Fiwawou, being light-green of fur with white spots wasn't half as protected from the sun.

For a moment as he stared down at the Aisha, he realized how peaceful Fiwa was, laying there silently. A rather pleasant change actually. When awake he was so demanding, ordering everyone around without even a thank you. It was kind of silly how the Aisha didn't appreciate life nor other neopets, Chuukou knew for sure that once he completed getting Fiwawou to safety he wouldn't get the slightest bit of recognition or praise from the star.

He was awoken from his thoughts when he noticed a shadow drawing near and looked up to see who it belonged to.

((I am inclined to agree, Raichi. I have tried to explain to JB that he needs to be more patient and elaborate on his posts. JB, she's quite right. (Er, he?) This is not to discourage you from posting, merely from posting so quickly, and to encourage you to develop your characters.))

I will not deny that I am impatient. I don't think I'll ever not be. I do, however, take pride in my spelling and grammar.

I will not deny that I am impatient. I don't think I'll ever not be. I do, however, take pride in my spelling and grammar.

OOC

Your spelling and grammar is fine! (heck, mine still needs a lot of work)

What we're trying to say is that you need to describe more, elaborate more.

For forums you simply need a lot of patience, sometimes you have to wait all day for someone to post because of school, work, etc.

What I can suggest as far as patience goes though, is that you both RP here and on neopets.com on the RP board. Join or open a neopets RP'ing thread, then you will have the satisfaction of RP'ing while waiting for someone to make a post on this Forum.

OOC

Your spelling and grammar is fine! (heck, mine still needs a lot of work)

What we're trying to say is that you need to describe more, elaborate more.

For forums you simply need a lot of patience, sometimes you have to wait all day for someone to post because of school, work, etc.

What I can suggest as far as patience goes though, is that you both RP here and on neopets.com on the RP board. Join or open a neopets RP'ing thread, then you will have the satisfaction of RP'ing while waiting for someone to make a post on this Forum.

((I would love too. The only problem is that I can't RP on Neopets, because I don't have parental Permission.))

JB hopped the steps 2 by 2 as he jumped up the stairs to his hotel. He was really tired, though he had wanted his mom to go. She always bored him. Back from when he was a kid.

Look both ways before you cross the street.......pick up you're room...he was really bored with his nagging mom.

Looking outside his window, he saw that frank4t was talking to two Fountain Faeries. Two Fountain Faeries? he thought.

I suppose I could wait until later to go to sleep he thought, dashing out of his hotel room with great gusto.

By the time Alrik reached the pair, they had stopped moving. This alarmed Alrik greatly. It would not be the first time he had come across dead or delirious Neopets who had gotten hopelessly lost in the vast desert. It is fortunate that I did not bring Lili along, he reflected. She shouldn't have to see this.

He spiraled down towards them, landing several metres away so as to not blow sand in their direction. The Shadow Gelert was watching him as he approached, much to Alrik's relief. He, at least, was not dead, though the possibility of him being crazed did not sit well with Alrik. The Gelert, though clearly exhausted, still likely had enough strength to do serious harm, and he in his old age did not have the strength to defend himself from a frenzied attack.

The Gelert, however, seemed far more occupied with the smaller Neopet in its lap. The Speckled Aisha - the one Alrik had a nagging feeling he recognized from somewhere - did not seem to be faring so well.

"How is he?"

JB started approaching the fighting Fountain Faeries

"Such a fake, look at her hair....." cried one.

"I mean, really. Does she expect to pull that off?" accused the other.

JB looked around: the was frank4t there, watching with great interest the feuding Faeries, and a small little boy, who couldn't of been older than 5, with blue fur surrounding him.

"What's happening?" Asked JB to the boy.

"One of the Faeries came down, saying she had a quest for me. She almost gave it to me when the other one came and accused her of being a fake. Can you help me figure out which one's real?" he asked, his little blue eyes reminding him very much of somebody else.

"Sure." JB said, noticing that his brother was still staring intently at the 2 fighting Faeries. "Though it might be good if we kept this private" he said, in a whisper.

frank4t, meanwhile, was actually eavesdropping on JB and the boy, and was just pretending to be listening to the Faeries. Lets make this hunt a little funner, shall we? he thought, he brown eyes glittering with mischievous.

The fact the Desert Eyerie was aged and approaching slowly was a big reassurance. If he had been a blooming female approaching with great speed it would of been a different story. From the look on his face he was concerned about them; "How is he?" he asked.

For Chuukou, this confirmed the Eyerie wasn't a threat. "He fainted from exhaustion, nothing to worry about."

The bodyguard's voice was a bit hoisted from the heat and dust floating in the air, but none the less sounded friendly. "I'm Chuukou, and this is.." he looked down on the Aisha still in his lap, 'Fiwawou' labeled all over his clothes "..a problem." He looked up at the Eyerie again "I need to get him to his private suite in the Sakhmed neolodge safely, but since the private Jet crashed this morning and he's wearing no disguise..." the mere look in his green eyes finishing the rest of the sentence.

his colleagues were still trapped inside the Jet, now buried in the desert, but that was second priority. The first thing he had to make sure of was getting Fiwawou to safety.

(OOC: it's night here, I'm going to sleep ^^ 'till tomorrow!

And JB, why not ask your parents for permission? It's safer to chat on the neopets forum then on any other forum on the internet, so it's easy to convince them to give you permission)

(OOC: it's night here, I'm going to sleep ^^ 'till tomorrow!

And JB, why not ask your parents for permission? It's safer to chat on the neopets forum then on any other forum on the internet, so it's easy to convince them to give you permission)

I've already tried. Several times.

I guess I'll just have to wait for another 7 months. :(

Alrik frowned as he received this new information. He was pleased that the Gelert was in full possession of his senses, but feared the little Aisha to be in worse shape than Chuukou realized. And with a private jet, presumably well-staffed, stranded in the ever-shifting desert... But his first priority had to remain the unconscious Aisha. With an amiable smile, he introduced himself. "My name is Alrik, I teach in Sakhmet... My I see the Aisha?" He moved closer to inspect him, and noticed the labels on his clothing.

"Ah, Fiwawou!" he said to himself as he recognized the Aisha. He continued to speak as he looked him over. "My grandniece positively adores him. She has more posters in her neohome than she has wallpaper. And my past student..." Alrik chuckled to himself, then grew serious. "Well, you are correct, Chuukou; it appears to be nothing but heat exhaustion. Still, I would like him to get medical attention soon, without any... interruptions." The Gelert's eyes had told him very well what kind of interruptions to expect.

Alrik was fairly certain of the connection between Chuukou and Fiwawou, and, had the Gelert been trained as Alrik expected he had, to agree to his ensuing suggestion would be unthinkable. He watched Chuukou closely as he spoke his next sentence. "If you would leave him in my care, I will fly him to Sakhmet and see to it he gets the attention he needs. But you will have to stay behind."

(({"I'm Chuukou, and this is.." he looked down on the Aisha still in his lap, 'Fiwawou' labeled all over his clothes "..a problem."} I must tell you, that sincerely made me laugh. :)))

JB sneaked around the bickering Faeries, looking at them front every direction. He could not see anything different about either other them. Unless he thought, feeling quite excitedmaybe they're both fake! That would make sense!he reasoned.

He then remembered that the Faeries should be frozen! They must both be fake! It's impossible for anything else, aside from this! he mentally solved. But how do I tell this to the kid? he thought, looking down at the little Blue Neopet, gazing at a distance.

But just then, another Fountain Faerie appeared.

JB looked around. He saw that frank4t had disappeared!

Cartelian's injured back pained her as she limped through her underground hut she created, hidden from the world. She threw the scimtar in a corner near an overturned box of some sort of snack rotted from age. Broken bottles and maps littered the floor as she healed her wound to the best of her ability with medicine from her supply closet. She also grabbed a new cloak with more room for concealed weapons, and a bag that almost resembled a beat-up purse. After selecting two daggers and a short blade and carefully hiding them, she grabbed some food and her new scimtar. She was going back to Sakhment.

Two hours later found Cartelian hiding in the merchant quarter of sakhment, scimtar in full veiw yet sheathed but all other weapons hidden. She pulled the bandana away from her face and strode through the city, acting just like a normal citizen, if a normal citizen strode through the city carrying a weapon in plain veiw.

MUltiple days later, Vickels was striding into Sakhment. (Please note that he has a Darigan Babaa as a petpet now. Just bought it on Neo today. ^^) His petpet sat faithfully on his shoulder as he slithered in and looked for a hotel to check into. Quesala was becoming boring and he wanted to go sight seeing in other parts of the Lost Desert, thus landing him in this city.