Sand-dunes and Sandstorms - A Neopets RP

Parry

This RP is still accepting applicants

Intro

The Lost Desert, a magnificant and familiar location to many Neopians. However, journey further onwards past Sutek's Tomb, and a valley of untampered sand-dunes lie in wait. I used to visit there every day ... and then, I discovered something amazing ...

Rules

1. No Godmodding

2. I would prefer it if you did not RP through script format, although I don't mind if you do use it =D

3. You may have up to two characters

4. My decision is final

5. Have fun!

Application

Remove everything in [ ]

[b]Username:[/b] [so I can keep track of who's RPing as who]
[b]Name:[/b] [i don't mind if you want to use your pet instead of creating one for this RP]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Colour and species:[/b]
[b]Petpet:[/b] [Not optional. If your pet doesn't have a Petpet, invent one]
[b]Petpetpet:[/b] [Optional]
[b]Home:[/b] [i.e. where you live]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Accepted RPers

Username: Nom Nom Nom

Name: Alesha

Colour and species: Desert Aisha

Petpet: Selket

Petpetpet: N/A

Home: Lost Desert (Qasala)

Personality: On first impressions, Alesha appears to be a stoic and highly self-esteemed Neopian. However, once you are more familiarly acquainted with her, Alesha is actually quite caring and sagacious. Although she can be unyielding at times, she is also fairly determined, but if she looses at something, she often struggles to accept it and usually collapses into a reclusive state.

Other: She has a older brother called Marik, and they are both regular fighters at the Battledome. Alesha is rarely seen without her Sakhmetian Spear, and she has a Jewelled Battle Collar around her neck. She is also a very close friend of Beta, and often relies upon her to transport her around the desert.

Username: Nom Nom Nom

Name: Beta

Colour and species: Stripped Uni

Petpet: Djuti

Petpetpet: N/A

Home: Lost Desert

Personality: Beta is quite fierce and never lets a stranger approach her without attempting to trample them. Despite her fierceness, Beta is highly loyal, and will do everything she can to defend her friends. She can be hot headed and impudent at times, but she will rarely charge without consulting her actions first.

Other: Beta is very close friends with Alesha. She is noticeably fast, and will willingly let Alesha ride on her back.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, I'll try it. I like the Lost Desert:

Some it it is for one pet, and others for others, but I'm half creating it.

Jungle Beast/ Jelly Bird (I'm changing to this.

JB (That is, if I can use that. If not, lennconu).

Male.

Desert Bori

Desert Rock

None

What do you mean? NS, or LD? [i.e. where you live]

Hungry, fun, adventurous, funny, friendly, sarcastic, smart, quick-thinking, but often acts before thinking.

Will survive in the Desert for a few weeks with just a couple Liters of water.

Pet 2:

Jungle Beast/ Jelly Bird

frank4t

Male

Robot Skeith

Robot Harris

None

NS/Shenkuu [i.e. where you live]

Thinks before acts, laughs a lot, but doesn't make jokes, is smart, courageous, helpful

Doesn't eat much.

Username: Usagiraichi (I hope i can't get frozen for RP'ing here)

Name: Fiwawou

Colour and species: Speckled Aisha

Petpet: Tasu named Doku

Home: Being neopia's biggest star he owns several hotels all over Neopia, each of them having a luxurious personal suite that is never rented to anyone.

Personality: People are very right when they say Fame is a fickle friend. Fiwawou pretends to be nice when paparazzi are around, but he doesn't care about his fans at all. All he cares about is fame, the fortune is something he takes for granted. He's extremely arrogant, selfish, spoiled and wouldn't get his hands dirty because that's something maids should be doing.

Other: On his way to his hotel in the desert his private jet crashed because of a sandstorm. The jet sinking deeper into the sand his bodyguard managed to save him, and protect him from the storm with his own body until the storm finally ceased. Now wondering lost in the desert the two try to make it to Shakmet alive.

Username: Super Squirrel

Name: Vickels

Colour and species: Darigan Hissi

Home: Altador but staying in Quasela at a hotel for vacation.

Personality: Quite friendly and very intellectual. Is actually vey nice but don't most people don't find out and instead judge him on his appearance before meeting him.

Other: AC fanatic.

((Raichi and Super Squirrel, accepted. We can start now :D atm, just post your intros, and then I'll start grouping our characters together))

--------

The sultry breeze blew into Alesha's face as she conducted last minute checks. It was another typical day, nothing too extraordinary, and as usual the Aisha was preparing to cross the desert to reach Sakhmet. Beta was waiting patiently for her, and while they usually conversed, today they said nothing. With an affirmative nod, Alesha swung her bag over one shoulder (whilst being careful not to knock her Sakhmetian Spear over) and she stealthily leapt onto Beta's back.

"Let's go," she said as she hugged her front legs around the Uni's neck. Beta nodded and began galloping out of Qasala. Of course, Alesha could have chosen to cross on her own but if she did, Beta's skills would be wasted; in the Aisha's opinion, she had never been acquainted with a finer Uni. Whenever Marik wasn't at home, Beta was Alesha's friend and sister; they were mutual in most actions they did, and if they disagreed, they would not advance any further with the idea.

In good time, they arrived at the bridge, and they paused as Beta drank directly from the river. Now hydrated again, Beta continued on and they arrived at Sakhmet. Alesha impulsively dismounted, and the two Neopians continued in side by side.

This is the worst day ever, the desert is awfully hot, I'm thirsty, I'm sick of walking and I can't even smell my perfume anymore..! Fiwawou thought to himself while walking. He wasn't accustomed to wasting his breath on chit chat with servants or those lower ranked then him. Occasionally a small growl or tisks of frustration escaped his lips though, especially when he had to empty the sand out of his shoes.

His servant, Chuukou had it worse though. The sun was shining high, heating his black fur. This shadow gelert longed for Shadow more then anyone at the moment, but he didn't complain. He kept silent and disciplined, after all he was still at work. Both of them desired to take their clothes off, but they knew their skin would get ruined by the burning sun.

All the walking got Fiwawou depressed. I can't die here, I'm too young, beautiful, talented and famous to die..

(yes, I think it might be)

JB kept on walking through the Desert's heat, burning and burning him, but he didn't feel anything(after all, he was painted Desert). He was, however getting thirsty, as he didn't pack much water. He kept on asking his miniature Coltzan's Shrine 'How much farther until the next oasis', but, being a rock, it didn't answer.

Frank4t,on the other side of the Desert, was feeling even worst, with his robotic coating drooping down on his metallic core. Worst of all, he couldn't drink water to cool himself down, because he'd get shocked, and he couldn't take his shell off, because then he'd overheat. He was wondering why he'd agreed to take this trip in the middle of nowhere. Then he remembered what the salesman had said "Do you want an exciting adventure to put you out of your shoes?". 'I want to be out of my shoes' frank4t thought.

Just then, Frank4t and his Robotic Harris saw another figure out in the distance: It was his brother, JB!

Vickel eyes flickered open and he sat there taring at the ceiling befo rising out of is bed. He puton his favourite Layton Jersey and walked over to the balcony connected to his room. Outside all was quiet except for the early merchants selling various food and scavenged items.

After a quick breakfast he left his luxurious hotel room and went out for a walk.

Username: Super Squirrel

Name: Cartelian

Colour and species: Silver Shoyru

Home: Has multiple hidden bases around the Lost Desert

Personality: Cuning and clever. Greedy and self centered as well.

Other: She is a well known theif around the Lost Desert and has eluded authority for a long time.

Frank4t and JB kept walking, still exhausted, but with a good brother, through the burning Lost Desert heat. Soon they had come to a path! It was going to the left, and to the right. They sat there, wondering which way to go, when they looked to their left, and they saw Beta and Alesha, walking over a bridge. They exchanges glances, then they started chatting.( After, of course, JB drank heavily from the river)

((Yes, let's. And Super Squirrel, second character accepted. And JB, I'm already in Sakhmet.))

Alesha and Beta walked silently into Sakhmet. Anyone who didn't know them would believe them to be strangers walking beside each other by chance. Indeed, they went into the Battle Supplies tent, and still they browsed wordlessly, although Alesha appeared to be paying hardly any attention to what was laid before her. She merely flickered her eyes over them, and when nothing seemed to satisfy her, she promptly left. Her silence was about to be broken, as she spotted two familiar figures coming.

"Marik! Alpha!" she cried as they dashed over. The Desert Lutari and Spotted Uni, respectively, caught sight of them and also walked over. Marik had long decided to leave his Battledome career behind, and was now working as one of the numerous Palace Guards, with Alpha following a similar role to Beta. They intially talked of trivial matters before Marik mentioned to his sister news about several missing Petpets.

"Peopatra's going frantic, she says some two Scarabugs and a Geb went missing overnight," he said casually. "I don't think it's plausible, I've seen her keep them in spacious cages overnight, there's no way they could have broken the lock, got out, replaced the lock and escaped. I think she's miscalculated her figures."

"But thieves could so easily steal them," suggested Alesha. Marik shook his head.

"We've checked the tent, and we've come to the conclusion that thievery doesn't play a part in this." A short pause followed, during which Alesha reflected on Marik's words. "Oh, by the way, some of the guards are saying that they've seen some foreigners wandering around in the Lost Desert. I volunteered to go and get them, but a guard suddenly caught Neo Mites last night, and we're lagging in numbers. Do you think you can go?" Alesha didn't hesistate; she and Beta said a hasty goodbye, before they charged into the desert once more.

Alesha found Frank4t and JB by the bridge, and Beta slowed to a halt once she crossed the bridge. The Uni eyed them suspiciously, and Alesha asked them, "Are you alright?" She didn't mean to sound uncaring, but like Beta, she never placed much trust in strangers.

"Yes, I'm alright, thank you for asking" responded JB, gazing unblinkingly into Alesha's eyes.

"Never been better" he continued, without looking away from her, and her blue eyes.

"Anyway" frank4t interrupted JB from his glare, "Who are you guys? And where are we? Last I checked, we were still in Shenkuu!" he spoke, in his robotic voice.

Alesha and Beta explained that they were in Sakmet, and that two Scarabugs and a Geb were missing.

"You don't know where they are, do you?" She asked them.

"No, but we can help you find them! Where to?" JB answered, now, once again,looking at Alesha's twinkling eyes.

"But we'd better get to a hotel, it's nearing sunset." said frank4t, pointing at the village.

Cartelian sat in the shadows of Sakhment, dagger in hand, listening to the conversation taking place. Hiding the dagger in her cloak she stood and walked towards them.

"Are you the ones who lost the petpets?" She asked.

JB went to the hotel with frank4t, still thinking about Alesha.

"I wonder how I could find the petpets for Alesha?" he said to himself.

Just then, he looked outside, and saw someone with a glass of wine in hand, yelling 'I am taking over this city! Bow down to me!'

"Not Old Man Nutty, again' said a deep voice, coming from his open door. He turned around, and saw a masked figure, standing there, with a sword in hand.

"Now you were wondering about those petpets, right?

"Come on," said Alesha as Beta was already turning to face the bridge. Alesha glanced over her shoulder. "Follow me, and stay close. I'll get you to Sakhmet, I believe there is a hotel there. Beta, don't go so fast." The Uni nodded, and without warning took off at a half-run, half-trotting pace. Once they were in, Alesha and Beta stared as they saw the masked figure, although Alesha deduced that JB and Frank4t already knew this person.

"Hmm?" said Beta as she glanced over her shoulder at Cartelian. "Not us, Peopatra." Her eyes narrowed; there was something about Cartelian that she didn't trust. "Who are you anyway?" At this point, Alesha also turned around and Beta cautiously approached the stranger.

frank4t, meanwhile, was fast asleep. He didn't know that his brother's room had just been broken into, that someone outside was waving a glass of wine like a lunatic, or that a thief was eavesdropping on a conversation. All he knew was the Fountain Faerie and her request for a Rockfish.

JB, meanwhile, was on the verge of a heart attack.

'Who are you? He asked, terrified.

'That is not necessary right now. All we need now is for Old Man Nutty to give us another five minutes so we can go in and help find those petpets.'

"Me? I'm a simple... Merchant of sorts. My name is unnecessary. I know where your petpets are though" She quickly estimated how well they would fare ina fight. "For a price I can retun them to you" she said slyly.

OK.

frank4t was still deeply asleep, wondering which color he should paint himself, when he heard a scream. "I'm going to kill however just yelled and woke me up!" he himself screamed, raging with fury.

He looked outside his door, and saw his brother running from a giant masked figure.

"Really? I wake up from a great dream, just to realize I'm still dreaming?"

So he pinched himself. But nothing happened...