Sand-dunes and Sandstorms - A Neopets RP

Parry

Wesley barely observed the other pets' departure; but he did find most insistent the sensation of a well-sized Mauket running extended claws in a none-too-gentle fashion down his right leg. "You'll not ignore me yet," it said irritably; "for convenience's sake come with me. You'll join the rest of your kind over there."

More than a little incensed, Wesley was not inclined to the hasty action which by now he deemed probably useless. He had perhaps twenty tranquiliser rounds in his pack, and his rifle could only accept three in the chamber at once; also he saw some rather dangerous petpets in the mix which might be prompted to act against him. His net could not be used for fear of incapacitating any whom he had no business with, and he was not so blind in regards to other pets that he thought he might persuade them to accept their charges back without complaint. Reluctantly, and feeling certainly ridiculous, he followed the sleek creature through one of the other entrances.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lili responded to Sapper's suggestion of giving her employees water and so she did. Sapper walked off to his jet to get some water and for a moment Gwen didn't know how she could possibly help. She wiped some sweat off her forehead and decided to sit down, looking over at Lili giving her employees water and then at Sapper who was staring at the sky from a little distance.

A little while later she saw an aircraft in the sky, drawing nearer to their destination. It must be the medical assistance Sapper had told her about earlier on. She stood up once they had landed a walkable distance from their position and watched them rush over to aid her colleagues, keeping a close eye on them to make sure they wouldn't steal anything. Judging from their work that they could be trusted she decided to walk over to Sapper, who was talking to a Mynci at the time, but stopped in her tracks when Sapper pointed at her. "Yes?" she spoke approaching the two a little faster. "Is there something I'm needed for? If it's about the current circumstances, my employees can be brought to their hotel room as soon as they're conscious again. And I haven't given the jet much thought, but it's not a high priority so I can have that taken care of later on."

(sorry for being such a slow poster lately)

((No problem, I know how it gets. :) ))

Miranda eyed the Wocky for a fraction of a second, some choice words forming in her throat and preparing to leap out with all the force of an enraged herd of Elephantes. She dispelled them just as quickly however - Gwen's gaze held far too much concern for her to be worthy of a decent tirade, and the tension in her shoulders suggested that she was ill-suited to handle one at this point in time. Any lecturing was best saved for whichever dolt had the bright idea of flying a jet through sandstorm-heavy skies squarely in the middle of sandstorm season.

"A regional hotel sounds decent enough, as long as you have some competent medical staff there," she answered grudgingly, and beckoned Alex over (the Cloud Xweetok had been sifting thoughtfully through their equipment, in an effort to avoid seeming idle). "Best bring Alex up to speed. She can help you to radio ahead and make any arrangements you need. You'll want to give her directions too. With some cajoling, we might even be able to skip the hospital and its paperwork altogether," she continued, adding the last sentence with an unusual amount of tact.

"As for the jet, I'll go and set Kylar's beacon to marker frequency. That way the salvage teams won't have any excuse not to get off their lazy behinds when you give them a call."

While Miranda sorted things out with Gwen, Sapper strode slowly over to Lili, slightly self-conscious of the fact that he towered easily over her. "Lili, it appears that most of us will be flying back to the city soon, but I will need to stay and continue with my work out here. Would you prefer to return with airlift? If not, I should be able to help you get back to Professor Alrik."

((I am under the impression that the majority of the main-party rôleplay participants are still waiting for Nom to put some words in Flame's non-existent mouth; I was intent on Evelyn going the same way, and advanced her history appropriately, but (upon the assumption of her acceptance) perhaps she could be conjoined with the secondary party currently putting a finish on Raichi's sub-plot; perhaps being delayed her entry due to, say, managing to lose herself completely and directing herself notably westwards, where she is mistaken by one of the medical-pets as a lost traveller dying of starvation? if it is not a little far-fetched for the perfectly grounded and sensible premise of this rôleplay.))

((If that's the case then the team would airlift her along with the crash survivors, and she wouldn't be able to join up with the rest of the plot... maybe she could be checking out some ruins near the dune?))

((I shouldn't think she is so easily side-tracked, and I shouldn't think everyone who had gone into the dune could miss a giant dig-site with sand deflectors covering the whole; but perhaps she simply decides not to go into the dune, and sits around awhile until some thing that interests her happens.))

((What a preposterous notion! Petpets asking people to walk into sand-dunes! Whyever would your able mind spit out such a fanciful piece of abstraction?))