Most noobish thing you've done on Neopets

keithp

Well, when I first began Neopets they were giving out the Ice Bori's. I got one, and pounded it so someone had a chance to get it, only to see it turn blue. Then when I got the lab ray for the first time I got a red lutari, tried pounding it, and it said it ran away. After that I never got any ultra rare pets again, yet. Now I know not to do that again.

Remember those chain letters people would attach to the 'Wishlist' part of their trades in the trading post?

I just wanted to see if I would get a free faerie paintbrush!

10 Poison Lollipops :P Go to faerieland, get the PB. XD Fell for that and got some...advice....from neopets to stop :P That was...6 years ago :S

Ooh man, this is tough.

I'd probably say my MOST noobish action was falling for a beyond obvious scam. It ranks up there with trying so hard to get negative neopoints before I realized it only happened through random events . . .

Lets see, I've also seriously talked in chatspeak before I realized . . . it's annoying.

I did those chain letters in the TP as well, but on a different account than the one I have now ;P I can't even access that account anymore. I also didn't realize for the longest time that when you're haggling in a shop, you're racing other players o_O I kept wondering why stuff was sold so quickly.

Not to mention that I sold a Skunk Paint Brush from the fruit machine for 60k or so xD Didn't bother checking the prices, just picked a random amount.

Uhm . . . yeah xD

I managed to spend 10k on Coconut Shy until realising that it was rigged...

I did the same for Test Your Strength... I'm such a noob.

I have sold a prize item from the Altador Cup II for like 9k instead of 90k (missing a 0 can be a killer when you price your shop...)

Also, I lent an item to a friend... who accidentally donated it. =_= I don't remember what the item was, though. Nothing really expensive. But she kept saying she was sorry.

Until a year or two ago I didn't know how to work the TP or the Auction House. And had never tryed...

Very early on I got a Xweetok Morphing Potion out of a RE and sold it for 50k as I couldn't find a price on SW. Never had another one!

I always used to just ignore Faerie Quests without looking so I may have had a FFQ without realising!!

Ummm there's probably tons more but I can't think of them atm.

Like Secre, I'm almost sure I missed a FFQ, thinking it was a Water Faerie quest.

I also accidentally gave my Lenny a Bori Transmogrification potion that I got from Dr. Sloth, without knowing what it was.

Luckily, I never posted any 'Post this into seven other trades and get a free PB' in the TP, only because I couldn't post a wishlist, because I wasn't old enough.

Luckily, I never posted any 'Post this into seven other trades and get a free PB' in the TP, only because I couldn't post a wishlist, because I wasn't old enough.

This must be a new feature, because I've always been able to put wishlists. I was 10 whenever I posted the SPAM on the TP.

Hm... Selling items for the "suggested" price. That price is TOTALLY not related to the actual value of an item. I did that for something that was really valuable without knowing it.

This must be a new feature, because I've always been able to put wishlists. I was 10 whenever I posted the SPAM on the TP.

I think COPPA is new then, because I've never been able too. Did your parent/guardian sign the COPPA form?

Don't know if this counts but...about two years ago I thought I was going to quit Neopets permanently so I spent all my hard-earned NP on junk. If I hadn't done that I would've been able to upgrade my bank account by now :(

Oh BOY!

When I first started playing like 6 or 7 years ago. My little sister also started playing, I bought her a snowbunny back when they were cheap. I had just started playing and didn't know I could send it to her, or about the trading post. I put it in my shop for 1np. When I told her to go buy it from me, It was long gone. Now they have inflated so much since then.

Your welcome to whoever got that snowbunny :)

I think COPPA is new then, because I've never been able too. Did your parent/guardian sign the COPPA form?

Of course :P Printed it out, my parents signed it, and we sent that thing to neopets THROUGH THE MAIL :P

This was classic neopets :P

I didn't know once that you needed the Secret Laboratory Map to use the petpet one, so i bought all 9 petpet pieces at much more

than they were worth because I didn't bother to check the shop wiz. When i couldn't do anything with them, I got angry and threw them away. :<

I probably turned down maybe 2 FFQs, thinking they were water faerie quests. That was like back then when I first started neopets. Never got another FFQ.

When I was on the TP, I always used to wonder what a "K" was. I would go around neopets, searching for an item, the letter K. :D

OMG!! The same thing happened to me when I was a kid! XD I never knew what it was so I had to look it up on google and I kept getting "kelvin" (as in the unit of temperature). I had no clue what temperature had to do with neopets so I was forced to ignore everythng at the TP whose whichlist was "[insert number here] K" Now, years later after losing my old account I finally realzed how dumb I was :P

Hm... Selling items for the "suggested" price. That price is TOTALLY not related to the actual value of an item. I did that for something that was really valuable without knowing it.

Yup, did that too. Wasn't too valuable though. I've never gotten any paintbrushes or treasure maps or anything in my life so it couldn't have been those....

• 1 month later...

I remember selling several items for a random amount of NP when I first started, not knowing what they were worth or how to check. Random event items automatically went into my shop for whatever.

Makes me wonder how much that stuff was actually worth...

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.