FIFA!!

xxFrenchiexxx

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

2. 2. More??

3. 3. And some more.....

I just watched a thing about the controversial goal thing in the England/Germany game. It would have been a tie, but I think that Germany is right in moving on because they played so much better.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched a thing about the controversial goal thing in the England/Germany game. It would have been a tie, but I think that Germany is right in moving on because they played so much better.

It was 4-1. It would have been a tie if it had been 4-3, 3-2 or 2-1...not 4-1, that 3 goal difference means that Germany played a darn site better. The fact that they have played better throughout is besides the point.

It was 4-1. It would have been a tie if it had been 4-3, 3-2 or 2-1...not 4-1, that 3 goal difference means that Germany played a darn site better. The fact that they have played better throughout is besides the point.

Really? I remember the announcer guy saying that it was 2-1 and the extra goal would have made it a tie.

I don't know about the US but I do know that the UK didn't deserve to get any further...we didn't deserve to get as far as we did as we have played superbly badly for the entirity of the World Cup. It's been a bad year for Europe so far but as far as the UK is concerned - we got what we deserved...

US got lucky with their game against Algeria. They shouldn't have qualified.

Actually, NETHERLANDS is doing good. Read the siggy.

1800th post...

USA was not that bad this year. The went at a good spot. Beat Algeria.

Yes but they tied in the other two games. They got lucky in the Algeria game.

Regardless of contreversy, a tie is a tie.

CAV, Netherlands is doing OKAY. not Good, not amazing. And im looking forward for someone to kick them out now.

Plus, Capello's contract is until 1012 - I don't think they can get rid of him...

He has said he won't resign, but he is holding a press conference after taking to the club manager, he can still be sacked though.

I do disagree on how England played crap in that game. The fact they had possession of the ball more than the germans, and had more attempts than the germans. I think they played 100% better than they did in the group stage.

Still disliking that FIFA will not comment on technology after the disallowed goal. Though do love how England may be changing football. With that goal they will keep arguing about bring in technology

But my question stands, If the England Club manager does decide t get rid of Fabio Cepello, who would you like to replace him.

My choice would be Arsène Wenger, he be good because he can get all the younger players into world class stars, If you look at his Arsenal team, most of his players are younger than the rest of the league, yet he manages to get them to beat some of the best.

CAV, Netherlands is doing OKAY. not Good, not amazing. And im looking forward for someone to kick them out now.

And I was looking foward to England losing. They didn't deserve to move on.

And even if they had more possession of the ball, Germany still scored 4 goals on you. Possession doesn't matter if you can't even score with the ball.

Today is the real test for you then CAV, You've have been saying Holland is unstoppable, the favourite to win the cup, they have been playing good.

Now they will face a good team, and watching it, Holland is nowhere near the skill level of Brazil, whether it been one brazil player running round 3-4 holland players, or whether it be that crap corner (kicking it a tiny bit then running off. Fav part about that is that no one capitalized so they said, "we forgot to take the corner and i ran off")

Whoooo yeah! We (Netherlands) defeated Brazil :D

Tonight I'll be watching Uruguay vs Ghana to see who our next opponent will be....I'm rooting for Ghana as it would be nice for Africa as the organizing continent that one of their teams makes it to the semifinals :) But I'm guessing Uruguay will take it.

Today is the real test for you then CAV, You've have been saying Holland is unstoppable, the favourite to win the cup, they have been playing good.

Now they will face a good team, and watching it, Holland is nowhere near the skill level of Brazil, whether it been one brazil player running round 3-4 holland players, or whether it be that crap corner (kicking it a tiny bit then running off. Fav part about that is that no one capitalized so they said, "we forgot to take the corner and i ran off")

And passed the test we have. If we can beat BRAZIL, we can beat anyone. Brazil is ranked 1st in the world when it comes to soccer, and we won.

And before you say crappy excuses like "Uh, that first goal by Netherlands shouldn't count", remember that a goal is a goal, and that ref meant business today. All of his calls were on the spot. So don't try to find an excuse.

Well done Netherlands! I've never understood why they haven't done better before as they seem to have one of those teams that is very good but never quite make it...I'm glad they're doing so well this year and my foster father will be thrilled!

And passed the test we have. If we can beat BRAZIL, we can beat anyone. Brazil is ranked 1st in the world when it comes to soccer, and we won.

Brazil is one of the best in the world, not the BEST.

My money is now on Germany, watching their quarter final against Argentina, this team is bloody unstoppable, unbeatable etc. They have amazing defence and amazing strikers.

Spain is obviously going to go through tonight, but the winner of Spain vs Germany will win the cup. That is my final to be honest, that will be a great match. Holland is a contender, but if germany can outplay all their opponents they are a higher contender. And spain is still favourites

Yes but they tied in the other two games. They got lucky in the Algeria game.

Regardless of contreversy, a tie is a tie.

Except when you're in the world cup. Then a tie with more goals scored is worth more. It's how US was at the top of their group because they scored more goals than England.

I have the fortune of "studying " abroad in Germany this summer. Watching them during the World cup has been fantastic. I also watched most of the American games as well. Sad that they got eliminated so quickly, but at least they got out of group play and held Ghana for over 90 minutes.

Bit late to join this thread, should have searched for it earlier!

But woo hoo New Zealand =D We finished ahead of Italy. <3 (bunch of divers!!)

If this world cup has shown the teams anything, it is to ignore ranking!

So many underdog upsets in this tournament, and the walloping Argentina received from Germany was insane!

It is a shame that the English goal wasn't counted, because the score was 4-1 but the score at the time affects the style and tactics of the game and so the rest of the game would have been very different.

Looking forward to the semis!!!!

I think yesterday made most english feel a bit better. Argentina has been on a rampage, beating most teams, yet lost to germany 4-0

England lost to germany 4-1(2). Plus the added fact, if germany does win (very likely now) we would have been knocked out by the champion.

Brazil is one of the best in the world, not the BEST.

Actually in the global ranking system, Brazil is ranked 1 (mostly because of their history though). Netherlands is ranked 4th, being known as "The best team to not win the cup".

Who is in charge of the global ranking systems? I would have thought the ranking would be due to previous world cup's etc. Last time brazil won the world cup was 2002, and in 2006 they weren't even the top 4.

2006 Results:

Winner: Italy

Runners-Up: France

Third: Germany

Fourth: Portugal

Either way, Germany will win this year anyway, they have the superior team and are on top form this year.

And SPAIN derails the German tanks! Am I really the only person here for Spain? For shame! I've been behind them since the last FIFA, and I've had the banner below in my sig as soon as I knew they qualified for the quarterfinals.

Now it'll be Spain versus the Netherlands! It's gonna be spectacular, two teams that have never been first before. CAV, you are ON!

Football has nothing to do with me anymore. God has appeared through this world cup.

God = German Octopus who has guessed correctly to every match in the world cup. I don't care how well the players are doing, whoever wins is down to the german god octopus!

Sorry Cav, but the Dutch aren't good enough to topple spain.

The first half was all them! At least Germany kept their defense tight... wait what am I saying, there was a lot of lucky/near misses in the first half.

The better team won, and at least Germany has one more game.

I reckon Spain will win this now, look at the German scores, 2 matches, 8 goals scored, 1 goal conceded. If the Spanish can beat that, there is NO WAY Holland can topple Spain. It be quite interesting both teams aren't known to play defensive. But Im predicting 3 - 2 to Spain, End 2-2 FT then spain will score last goal in extra time.

Either way, gonna throw this out here, Spain deserves this cup, and if Holland does win, it will be the biggest upset this year. Spain has beaten most of the top teams this year. Hollands impressive victories is one: brazil.

I reckon Spain will win this now, look at the German scores, 2 matches, 8 goals scored, 1 goal conceded. If the Spanish can beat that, there is NO WAY Holland can topple Spain. It be quite interesting both teams aren't known to play defensive. But Im predicting 3 - 2 to Spain, End 2-2 FT then spain will score last goal in extra time.

Either way, gonna throw this out here, Spain deserves this cup, and if Holland does win, it will be the biggest upset this year. Spain has beaten most of the top teams this year. Hollands impressive victories is one: brazil.

Is it me, or do you hate me and the Dutch? Cause you're always going for the team that's against us.