15 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

2. 2. More??

3. 3. And some more.....

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first half was all them! At least Germany kept their defense tight... wait what am I saying, there was a lot of lucky/near misses in the first half.

Spain has been really good at keeping possession. And like my dad says, the longer you have the ball, the more of a chance you have to score. You could see it in the Portugal and Paraguay games too, the possession was nearly always lopsided to the Spaniards.

The only thing is that sometimes they choke when they're about to shoot at the goal. Like the Torres guy? Near the end, he had a clear shot and literally tripped. Granted, I'm not a huge fan of that player but still. I don't like Puyol's hair (God it's ugly) but he got the headbutt goal. So you can't really judge on the merits of one player, but the entire team as a whole.

I say the score will be low, maybe a 1-1 tie and then Spain gets the second goal in extra time.

He has predicted every Germany match right, Germany vs Serbia: Octopus predicts serbia and they won. Germany vs Spain: Octopus predicts Spain and guess what, they won. Every other germany match he predicted was also right. I doubt he will fail now.

Even in the Euro 2008, the only match he got wrong was Germany vs Spain. 1 mistake out of 10-15 matches. I rather side with the pyschic octopus than what you say CAV, because he can back it up.

I think you're the only one who won't admit it. You ask anyone who is a massive football fan and they would say Germany vs Spain was the real final, and whoever won that would win the cup.

Yes they surprised everyone by beating Brazil (who wasn't even playing that great this year (and full of old players)). Do you really think anyone expected spain to beat the powerhouse germany.

One lucky win does not make a great team.

Yes, I am the octopus, I am secretly controlling a real octopus that has been on the news with my mind.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3097/betting-blog/2010/07/10/2018397/uk-world-cup-betting-blog-paul-the-octopus-is-showing-us-up

Read that, his name is Paul. I never made anything up, and you can see the picture of him predicting spain.

Okay, can't be bothered to copy the whole article. But the picture is good

article-1293271-0A611438000005DC-799_634x427.jpg

But never did say why I dislike netherlands, but found a nice article on BBC which shares my view (and no virus protection will block BBC, if it does, get a new one)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8807285.stm

2 Favourite quotes, Note: this is what the holland players said

"I would much prefer to win a very ugly game than lose a beautiful one,"
"We have heard enough of talk about how our football is very nice. But it gets you nowhere. We want to achieve something"

From these 2 quotes I can guess that in tomorrow match, they will do whatever it takes to win, dirty fouls, diving. they said it themselves. Any decent team would be proud to lose a beautiful match, they wouldn't want to win the final in a ugly way.

You're really starting to tick me off.

I've never seen Netherlands use dirty play. Ghana did, Uraguay did. Netherlands never even tried to milk time during the last few minutes.

article-1293271-0A611438000005DC-799_634x427.jpg

For all you know, they might've hid food under the Spainish flag. Or have some sort of scent that attracts the squid toward it.

Neither have I, but if the player is saying it, they must be planning it. Im only saying it because that is what the quotes say.

And you research about the octopus, (heck, you can even see one in the Netherlands half) They put a mussel in each tank, and the octopus picks what container etc, Both the same type of mussel. And if the owner puts a mussel in only one, the octopus wouldn't really be pyschic.

Infact going to do this now.

Frst Half so far (will update as time goes on)

Span has dominated this half, many close shots from both sides, but both good sides. One thing I dislike is all the dirty fouls that are happening. 25 minutes, think Holland has received 4 yellow cards, ridiculous fouls, injured someone. My comment from another post is right, they now spain is playing better, and will are setting out to destroy that.

Holland has now pushed this match into dirty, van persie pushing the spanish player into the goalie. They have shown one act of good and that was when they gave away the corner because the goalkeeper couldn't see the shot.

Overall:

Spain has been playing much better, one man down. Their goalkeeper has been amazing, though is one of the best goalkeeper's in the world. The reviewers on BBC, all agree on me, Holland should have be down to 9 men, their football is atrocious (their words). If they can't play like this or they will be shown red cards now with their tackles. Most of their good players have yellow cards, any more of these tackles, and holland could throw their chances of the cup down the drain.

Most of their tackles are pure aggression and a few of them (at least 2) should be straight red. We both have a different opinions but no-one can argue that holland is playing with aggression tonight.

Player of the match so far:

Iker Casillas

EDIT: I am disgusted, Holland has been playing absolutely dirty, 2 spanish players injured and not even 1 red card. wouldn't surprise me if holland bribed the refs. Dirty tackles and no-one can deny that. Holland manager has gone out and is applauding ever foul. That is why I dislike holland. And CAV dn't even try and defend these tackles

Watching this match, it seems like a bad way to end the world cup. I was hoping for a clean beautiful played match, except we get a dirty ugly game. I don't want to point fingers, but I think it was caused by Holland.

Other all, the way Holland has been playing. Spain deserves to win this 100%, they have done nothing much played mainly clean and stuck to the game plan, got to the ball and tried to score. Holland on the other hand has followed Robben quotes and have made this a ugly match, and any fan of football in whole (everyone judging unbiased) Holland does not deserve to win this match.

Spain wins the match, and they deserve to win the match, and what happens, Holland players run to the ref and whines. Like they have the right to complain. Overall the better team won. The End

(This also proved Paul the octopus is a psychic)