15 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

2. 2. More??

3. 3. And some more.....

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While watching it, I was also following the commentary on BBC. Here is one I fully agree with

"It was a terrible final. Howard Webb's done his best to keep hold of the match but the Netherlands were out of control. It's a shame that the match was so poor, but Spain are worthy champions."

BBC Radio 5 live's Chris Waddle

"I'm all for teams going into matches with a gameplan, but I just don't think there is any place in football for the way the Netherlands approached this match. They kicked the opposition up and down the pitch for 120 minutes - but in the end, Andres Iniesta ensured World Cup glory went the right way, to Spain."

BBC Sport's Alan Hansen

These people know alot about football, and I fully agree with both of them.

You act like Netherlands is the only team that played dirty. So did Spain, but many of their fouls didn't count when they should've.

And the goal that they scored was offside.

Altogether, the match was bullcrap, as both teams played dirty and disregarded the sport.

But oh well. Netherlands got second. And we stood undefeated for 2 YEARS. Maybe we'll win next time.

I'm happy for Spain, but the biggest reason I wanted Netherlands to win is so YOU wouldn't shove it down my throat just because you're spiteful that England lost. There IS NO SUCH THING as easy opponants, or LUCKY WINS. When we beat Brazil, you know you were impressed. But you just want to hide it.

Spain also whined to the ref, and the better team DID NOT WIN. WE DIDN'T LOSE FOR 2 YEARS. This isn't the end. Not between you and me Paul. This isn't over.

And Paul is a stinking Octopus! If humans can't be phycic, what the heck makes you think that an OCTOPUS is?

Don't you just love Irony. England lost their match after their goal was disallowed, no complaints. Spain won due to unfair goal to Holland, everyone is complaining about how it should have been called off.

You act like Netherlands is the only team that played dirty. So did Spain, but many of their fouls didn't count when they should've.

Im sorry, if spain played dirty, what do you call netherlands; evil, corrupt. The dirty level is way different from spain to holland. Holland played with pure aggression. Doubt there be videos yet, but tomorrow there might be.

Made 2 spanish players walk off and see the trainer, kicked someone in the chest (like they were aiming for the ball) Robben ignoring the whistle and decided to kick the ball in the goal. That whistle was heard 80 yards away by the commentators, I reckon he heard it. Overall, offside or not, Spain was the better side, and deserved to win that cup. If you can't admit that, don't call yourself a fan of football.

You know, the cup itself isn't making me this angry. IT'S YOU.

I don't care that Spain won. I would've perfered Netherlands of course, but I'm proud of Spain for beating Germany and reaching the finals. But YOU are driving me over the edge with this crap. IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU, that I went crazy hoping they'd win, and show you that NOTHING was ever a fluke.

Don't you just love Irony. England lost their match after their goal was disallowed, no complaints. Spain won due to unfair goal to Holland, everyone is complaining about how it should have been called off.

Im sorry, if spain played dirty, what do you call netherlands; evil, corrupt. The dirty level is way different from spain to holland. Holland played with pure aggression. Doubt there be videos yet, but tomorrow there might be.

Made 2 spanish players walk off and see the trainer, kicked someone in the chest (like they were aiming for the ball) Robben ignoring the whistle and decided to kick the ball in the goal. That whistle was heard 80 yards away by the commentators, I reckon he heard it. Overall, offside or not, Spain was the better side, and deserved to win that cup. If you can't admit that, don't call yourself a fan of football.

I agree with that whole post.

CAV, you just need to accept the fact that Spain won, and the Dutch played a dirty game.

Lets add the minutes up of how much dirty play there was.

120 minutes match

across that, Spain may have bee dirty 5-10 worth of it.

Netherlands was dirty 60-80minutes of it.

I don't know why you're angry at me, im passionate about football, been watching for your whole life (about 13-14 years) used to play before work got in way. So I will defend my point of view 100% when I believe s right.

This isn't the end. Not between you and me Paul. This isn't over.

Wow. Is that a threat, CAV maybe you should take some time off the internet and grow up. My 8 year old cousin is more interesting and cooler.

DON'T respond CAV. Just let it go, you don't wanna get banned... <.<

Can you both just let it go and forget the subject? It's over, someone won, and there's no reason to argue anymore. So, erm, shut up. Both of you. <.<

Meh, that part was just for crap and giggles.

But seriously, you annoyed me for this entire thing.

But my 5 year old cousin knows better than you.

Sorry SS, but I'm not letting go that easy.

This is just silly. There's no need to bring up public threats on a forum. Take the angry messages to a PM if you must. But seriously, there is no need for bad sportsmanship on the forum. CAV, you're skating on thin ice now in terms of your behaviour.

Nothing else needs to be said. Just chill.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

This topic is getting out of hand in terms of behaviour and inappropriate content.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephé if you have any questions regarding this action.