FIFA!!

xxFrenchiexxx

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

2. 2. More??

3. 3. And some more.....

Anyone else following the FIFA world cup games? What do you think about who won the games today? What are your predictions for how it will go? Who are you rooting for?

Lol. Lots of question.^^ I'm for France, but I don't think we'll do much winning. XP We needed to beat Uruguay today because I doubt highly we will beat Mexico. Tomorrow I'm rooting for the U.S. to win, and I think it's going to be an exciting game to watch.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, my brother watches FIFA all the time. He is a total football crazy.

I sometimes watch with him though.

But I have no idea about tomorrow's match. Well, let's see.

My whole family is rooting for Mexico, since only some of my cousins are born in the states while the rest of my family is from Mexico. I don't know if I'll be keeping up with soccer, though I did look at the scores today. xP Hehe. I don't know if I'll be rooting for anyone in particular or be watching, since I don't watch anything my brother or his girlfriend doesn't.

But I may have to agree with Tyler about that dealing with the poll options. I think overseas has a better soccer league, so probably England would do better?

We are die-hard Portugal fans here...my husband is part-Portuguese, so -

Plus they're fine...ohhh my goodness.

Anyway, as for US vs England, England's going to win. All of the really good athletes in the US play football and baseball instead. Soccer is like way down on the US priority list. :(

Obviously England will win tonight. England main 2 sports we're good at are Football (Not soccer). America is baseball and American football.

Overall in the world cup. I do think England has a good chance. They have a good team, good group and even good fixtures after that (If you know about this you can easily spot who will win each group). They should reach the semi final, if not the final itself. Qualifiers we played well, the pratice were rubbish.

As i was writing this England is now 1-0 after 3 minutes.

It ends as a tie. Not bad for US. England could have done better. I am saying this from a nonbiased side because....I am not much into FIFA. I just wanted to post the results for anyone that didnt know!

I don't watch soccer often (I hate the American Soccer League), but when FIFA comes around, I'm not one to miss a second.

Netherlands is facing Denmark on Monday. At 7:30 EST. I have school that day D:

To be honest, The England - USA match was a JOKE. England goal was alright, but the equaliser was rubbish. Im with most of the UK, get rid of green and bring back David James. He wouldn't have made that error.

Also any Americans should not be proud with the goal. No effort was put in, he was running towards goal, English defenders came up so the striker gave a light kick. No skill etc, only reason it went in was due to the goalkeepers error, not the american forward

To be honest, The England - USA match was a JOKE. England goal was alright, but the equaliser was rubbish. Im with most of the UK, get rid of green and bring back David James. He wouldn't have made that error.

Also any Americans should not be proud with the goal. No effort was put in, he was running towards goal, English defenders came up so the striker gave a light kick. No skill etc, only reason it went in was due to the goalkeepers error, not the american forward

Calm down man. I know you're from UK and you're upset that they tied, but don't go calling people "rubbish". Remember, I'm from US. And while I agree that the goal might not have been earned, a goal is a goal.

My brothers are supporting Netherlands, because of Van Nistelrooy, Robin Van Persie, Dirk Kuyt, Arjen Robben and some other players I can hardly remember. I am not a die hard fan of soccer, but still ...

But, I might support either Netherlands, England Or Portugal. England because of Wayne Roone, Ryan Giggs, Lampard, etc. And Portugal because I live in Goa, and here I have lots of Portuguese friends. And I have to say, the are very nice. :yes:

England and US had a tie. But, I wanted England to win. :( Not that I hate US, I just like England a LOT better than US, really.

Ouch...some bitterness, eh?

I'm an American, and I am proud of that goal! :D

Not really, Just not a fan of own goals. Even when england won against mexico due to 2 own goals. I was calling that match pathetic etc, They should just cancel own goals (meaning they have no effect on the score etc). Football is better and more exciting without own goals.

Not really, Just not a fan of own goals. Even when england won against mexico due to 2 own goals. I was calling that match pathetic etc, They should just cancel own goals (meaning they have no effect on the score etc). Football is better and more exciting without own goals.

*chuckles* I agree. It shouldn't count as a goal. Ah, such is life. Filled with unfairness. :)

I'm just happy that Netherlands won. I was rooting for them to win the cup since Euro 2008 (cause seriously, those games against France and Italy made me cry from the sheer amount of highly concentrated awesome), but their match this time was nothing special, really. Hope they go back to how it was back then, or I'm changing my vote to Spain.

Portugal plays in 9 minutes! ...and I hate Christiano Ronaldo xD How is he captain is beyond me, last time I checked you needed some leading qualities to be one, not only flashy feints. But I'm gonna watch anyway.

I dissapear for a few days because of no internet and come back to bunches of posts. XDD

It was a tie, but England should have won in my opinion. The game wasn't nearly as exciting as I thought it would be. But the New Zealand v.s. Slovakia game this mourning was fun to watch^^ New Zealand was so excited when they got the goal that tied the game in the last minute! And there I was thinking they weren't going to make it.

Personally, my entire family is going for France, but since we live in the U.S. we decided we should give sooome support.^^ Last game France played whenever that was I got to listen to my parents and grand-parents and all their friends scream at the T.V. Quite interesting actually...

Us Americans got lucky...

I totally agree, U.S. did get lucky.

Mmmmm, Ronaldo.

I mean uhhh, yes, Portugal is a fine team. Good soccer players and stuff.

Lmao. That post made me laugh. XD