FIFA!!

xxFrenchiexxx

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

2. 2. More??

3. 3. And some more.....

One interesting fact I learned today (about Germany and the ball). When FIFA announced the new ball, most teams argued that the ball was rubbish and hard to handle. Real reason why Germany is the highest scoring team so far is the fact, where every other team have no experience with this ball and are finding it hard to handle, Germany has been playing with it for the last 5 months. This could make them a huge favourite to win now.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmm, Ronaldo.

I mean uhhh, yes, Portugal is a fine team. Good soccer players and stuff.

...Oh come on, he's...ew xD Greasy hair x__X

I like Sneijder. I have no idea why, I usually like the tall guys. And Casillas, although that's more understandable (even though he seems somewhat cocky recently...)

AND SPAIN LOST.

HOW.

JUST HOW.

Glad Spain lost. Now, if Switzerland wins or draws the next 2 games, and Spain wins both, Spain will still finish 2nd.

Its pretty obvious Brazil will 90% win their group, which will turn out Brazil vs Spain in the next round. Which is good because it will knock out one of the favourite before the finals.

Oh, that'll be intense.

There's an Argentina vs S.Korea game tomorrow, which I'm interested in watching. x3 Fighting for first place in the group; they've both already won a game. Personally, I'm rooting for Argentina to win the cup, but S.Korea was quite good. :3

Guest Yoshinho

A few posts back, some said America sucks. They won in their group today 1-0 a goal was scored in the 90th minute with 1 minute extra. Algeria got eliminated. In over 80 years the US has not done this good ever. Since 1930.

New Zealand vs Italy? WOOOOHOOO!!! haha, will be interesting to see NZ play Paraguay tomorrow morning...

NZ ranked 78th in the world, Italy ranked 5th... very proud to call myself a kiwi

well, we drew 1-1 but anyone who watched the game could see what a great acting job Italy did

Im glad England came second to be honest. USA has Ghana (tough match :P) England has Germany, and if we beat Germany Argentina.

If I want England to win the cup, they should have to go through some tough matches first and knock out some top teams. I wouldn't be a fan i they had easy match after easy match. They're not earning the cup then.

My predictions for future world cup fixtures (does not include scores)

2yozuix.jpg

As much as how I support England, they may scrape past Germany, but unless they start playing better, they won't be getting pas Argentina in their current state. Im hoping now they passed the group stages, they may start plan better.

Reason why I have chosen Ghana over the USA is the fact, they have been in a much harder group than the usa, so they may get past 1-0.

I do reckon I have the top 3 correct though

Remember, Netherlands haven't lost a match in neither the Qualifier or the actual FIFA Cup. So they are good contenders. Many spectators believe that Netherlands can win their first cup this year.

But within the qualifiers and the group stages, most their opponents hasn't been that great. Good yes. Best in the world like Spain and Brazil = No. That's why I got them losing to them.

Plus another reason why I have them being beaten by Brazil. In Brazil group, another team is Ivory Coast, a team which has some amazing players (Drogba for example). Im not too sure of Holland's players, but if Brazil can beat IC, then chances are they will beat Holland.

No offence, I don't see why how Netherlands are "Unstoppable". Looking at the qualifiers they have had, still isn't impressive. I mean, look at England's qualifiers, They have some 5-0 results. Plus in the group, Netherlands and England had the same number of points and Goal difference. So England should be Unstoppable, but I don't think they are. For most teams, It isn't "Unstoppable, Undefeated etc" It is just one word: "Lucky"

No offence, I don't see why how Netherlands are "Unstoppable". Looking at the qualifiers they have had, still isn't impressive. I mean, look at England's qualifiers, They have some 5-0 results. Plus in the group, Netherlands and England had the same number of points and Goal difference. So England should be Unstoppable, but I don't think they are. For most teams, It isn't "Unstoppable, Undefeated etc" It is just one word: "Lucky"

Is it me, or are you just saying all this because you're supporting England. You say their Unstoppable, when in reality, it's most likely Argentina. It's called supporting. Regardless if Netherlands fought easy people, we're still undefeated. And what if England had easy people to fight in the qualifiers? Would you be still be calling Netherlands lucky? Or would you be calling England lucky?

This World cup is weird, France is knocked out, Italy is knocked out, Ivory Coast is knocked out. All the small teams are surprising the bigger teams. 2 Matches im looking forward to is Argentina vs Mexico (Go Mexico!). And probably one of the biggest matches of all. England vs Germany.

And this isn't because Im supporting England (so this is the biggest match of all) Anyone can google this, England vs Germany has one of the biggest rivalry in derisory of football. Guarantee everyone who is a old football fan, whether they support England, Germany, USA, Holland, Spain, Brazil etc(Basically any country) will not miss this match.

I'm English, so I want to support England, obviously. But I'm living in Germany and will be watching the game in a huge crowd of Germans today. I'm not sure if should be feeling patriotic with my flags, or scared :P

Still, I kinda hope Germany win, because then there'll be street parties and the like :D

To be honest this is ridiculous. Anyone could see that goal went in, even the linesman had a cleared vision yet nothing. That goal was the turning point for the whole match.

After that, they decided to replay that goal 5 times, which affected the players.

I know think football should do what rugby, cricket etc do. Have a video referee as well. This will avid any confusions and avoid any referees being seriously harmed. I would hate to be that linesman, due to his muck up, England is out of the cup and now has every England supporter going straight for him.

Question is: with Capello not being able to take the team to the quarter finals he will surely be sacked, who will be the new manager?

England didn't deserve to win that one; we have played pretty appallingly during this entire cup. Granted the goal should have been allowed and the ref is gonna be in deep do-do for that one but 4-1 was an atrocious result. But considering we've drawn two and won one (and even in that one we didn't play well) we really didn't deserve it.

The ref made one mistake - England made four!!!

Plus, Capello's contract is until 1012 - I don't think they can get rid of him...

To be honest this is ridiculous. Anyone could see that goal went in, even the linesman had a cleared vision yet nothing. That goal was the turning point for the whole match.

After that, they decided to replay that goal 5 times, which affected the players.

I know think football should do what rugby, cricket etc do. Have a video referee as well. This will avid any confusions and avoid any referees being seriously harmed. I would hate to be that linesman, due to his muck up, England is out of the cup and now has every England supporter going straight for him.

Question is: with Capello not being able to take the team to the quarter finals he will surely be sacked, who will be the new manager?

No one likes a whiner dude. US is out, Mexico is out, England is out, France is out, Italy is out, Netherlands is still in.

No offence, but I don't think England or US should've advanced. They got lucky.

No one likes a whiner dude. US is out, Mexico is out, England is out, France is out, Italy is out, Netherlands is still in.

No offence, but I don't think England or US should've advanced. They got lucky.

I don't know about the US but I do know that the UK didn't deserve to get any further...we didn't deserve to get as far as we did as we have played superbly badly for the entirity of the World Cup. It's been a bad year for Europe so far but as far as the UK is concerned - we got what we deserved...