Altador Cup Team

ditosmom

How did you decide what team to join for the Altador Cup? If you change every year, what criteria do you use to choose a new team? And if you have been loyal for years, how did you choose your team the first time?

Thanks to all that reply!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been loyal to Meridell for years, but I'm tired of losing. I might be joining Maraqua this year.

You know AC is what got me into Neopets in the first place, so I'd never miss this.

Well I took the Altador Cup Test (a test that picks a team for you) and it said to go for Altador...so I did my first year (I didn't know anything about the Altador Cup at that time) and I didn't have much fun being in that team =/

The next year, I took it again, it said I should go for Mystery Island, so I picked that team and I've been with them after my 2nd time :D Mystery Island has some great members if you chat on the boards that play for them, the team is cool in my opinion, made new awesome friends, and I love that Mystery Island isn't TOO popular or TOO lame :P Right in the middle...hopefully we'll score really high this year ^___^

I won't be joining ANY other team but my MI *wears MI jersey proudly* ^_^

last year was my first year and i joined mystery island becuse it was my favorite world. I'm sticking with them this year becuse of how good we did, but next year i think i will join a different team.

Woohooo! =D Go Mystery Island Go Go GOOOOO! :D

Gotta admit, I love the world itself too x3

Hmm. 4 years ago I chose Maraqua. 2 years ago I chose Shenkuu, and last year I chose Krawk island...

Maybe I'll go with Lost Desert or Kreludor this year. I just like changing the team I play as each year. Dunno why.

Well, last year was my first to play and I really enjoyed it, but I did not "pick" my team .... it was our "guild" team and I just joined because I was new and didn't know what else to do anyway. I played for LD ... and like I said, I did enjoy it, but this year I am wanting to pick my own team, and am hoping for some good logic to use ... I like several different lands, so that doesn't help ... I try to pick the colors I like ... but those teams seem to be really bad .... so I was hoping for some other ideas on how to pick.

Right now I am thinking Shenkuu ..... but it really is still a little up in the air.

How far ahead do they announce the teams? I can't remember from last year.

I have been with Maraqua since the first cup.

The guild I created back in May 2006 was themed around Maraqua, before knowing that there would be such an event as the Altador Cup. I enjoy underwater things so this is why I picked them in first place. Then, I met other supporters of the team and made friends. (I've to say, Maraquans are very friendly, easy going and fun people!) For the second Altador Cup, I was asked to make a website for We Are Maraqua chat group and I've been in charge of it since then.

If I had to pick another team than Maraqua, I'd go either to Lost Desert (their sprites are the cutest!!) or for Mystery Island (because they are similar to Maraqua in some ways).

hmmn. This question is pretty tough. And I am confused between 2 teams, i.e., Maraqua and Shenkuu.

I have been loving Maraqua ever since I joined Neopets. But, don't know why, I am having an awesome feeling for Shenkuu right now. :yes:

And I think Moltara is too participating this year, or that's what I heard.

What do you think guys, is it any good?

Edit: I have decided. I think I am going to join Maraqua. :)

I also heard there might be a Team Moltara, but I'm pretty sure that rumor started when it was added to the preferences list ... and we can clearly see there will NOT be all the teams they added, cuz some were pretty ridiculous :)

But, I have heard the thoughts that a lot of people will join if it is created .... although, the theory I am hearing is that it will most likely be a HUGE team, but made up of a lot of new and inexperienced players so probably will not be that good.

I don't know ......

I don't understand (and don't think anyone else really does either) exactly how they do the scoring, and contributions and such ...... so I guess it is just an educated guess to try to guess how well a team will do.

Ah...

I've changed teams every year so far.

2008 I was with Haunted Woods... didn't really like it...

2009 I went with Shenkuu... I made friends that were in Shenkuu on TDN.

This year, I'm going with Maraqua... and probably staying there. Why? Maraqua has awesome people in it. I've only met a few (from Underwater Spirits), but they all seem really nice.

This will be my first year doing the AC. I'm 95% sure I'm going with Maraqua. My husband is going with Brightvale, because that's his favorite land. (He thought I would go with Faerieland, because that's my favorite.) But I think Maraqua would be fun. Maraqua is nearly tied for my favorite land.

Yeah, I am still here.

I am just waiting for others to post first. :)

Which team are you supporting, anyways?

i'm tied between moltara and Shenkuu :P

I'm so lonely.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make all posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I read on one post where someone said that different teams were harder/easier to play for because of the different species.

Can any of you that have played for different teams verify this?

I got the hang of it last year and did rather well with LD, but am thinking if that is true, I might need to consider that when choosing my team this year.

If it is true, which species are the hardest to play with? The other mail said something about tails???

Staying Krawk Island. Should for some reason they not have Krawk Island in ACV, then I'll go to Meridell.

Krawk Island was because I like the logo, color scheme, players like Dasher, and they are a strong team.

My picks:

1. Krawk Island

2. Meridell (logo)

3. Lost Desert (logo)

4. Kiko Lake (KIKOSSSS)

I'm a sucker for cool logos...or Kikos...

what I think will happen

1. Shenkuu

2. LD

3. KD

4. MQ

5. MI

6. DC

7. KI

8. MT (Moltara)

9. don't know

10. don't know

11. don't know

12. don't know

13. don't know

14. don't know

15. don't know

16. don't know

17. don't know

1. Shenkuu

2. LD

3. KD

4. MQ

5. MI

6. DC

7. KI

8. MT (Moltara)

9. don't care

10. don't care

11. don't care

12. don't care

13. don't care

14. don't care

15. don't care

16. don't care

17. don't care

That's a lot of "don't care"s there Tyler. That's not very nice. :laughingsmiley:

Announcements