New Game Challenge: Sorcerers' Skirmish

hrtbrk

I beat Abi on easy, but I cannot be bothered with normal. The games only fun when there's strategy involved not blind luck - which is kind of what's required to be able to tell the what the heck the enemy is on normal and god knows what they've done for hard.

Awesome game! On normal, I get 6K. On hard, can only get in the 5k range but can beat that more easily than on normal.

Anyone know if you can beat it on normal? Tried looking through the boards but didn't find much.

The games only fun when there's strategy involved not blind luck - which is kind of what's required to be able to tell the what the heck the enemy is on normal and god knows what they've done for hard.

I thought it would be very difficult but it's not that bad at all. Watch their movements/"speed". A great sign of who is who. Just protect your sorcerer with the Skeith and Scorchios until you know who's left.

Once you've practiced a few times, you'll recognize boards/placements and where their sorcerer is 'hiding' - unprotected. :P

This game is super easy in a way!

1) Play on EASY MODE!!!

2) Defeat EVERYONE before you beat the "MASTER"

3) Do this in every round and you should end with 7,050 points (enough to beat AAA)

Note: The acaras have the ability to instantly beat the scorhios, so be sure to keep them alive! Also, do not concern yourselves about the time bonus! You can still get enough points to beat AAA without any of that.

Easy peasy ^_^

This game is super easy in a way!

1) Play on EASY MODE!!!

2) Defeat EVERYONE before you beat the "MASTER"

3) Do this in every round and you should end with 7,050 points (enough to beat AAA)

Note: The acaras have the ability to instantly beat the scorhios, so be sure to keep them alive! Also, do not concern yourselves about the time bonus! You can still get enough points to beat AAA without any of that.

Easy peasy ^_^

Ah, thanks! I like having all the items (partic as I'm doing packrat!) and I really couldn't be bothered with normal mode! I'll try that out tomorrow! Thanks again.

I get the same score, 2350, on both easy and hard for completing the first level by defeating everyone. Is there only an advantage to playing on hard if you win in under the 30 moves?

You have to keep beating everyone before finishing off the master on EVERY level. If you keep doing this, on the last level you should have enough points for beating AAA.

I didn't care about the time bonus and did just that and kept getting 7,050 on easy mode each time ^^

You have to keep beating everyone before finishing off the master on EVERY level. If you keep doing this, on the last level you should have enough points for beating AAA.

I didn't care about the time bonus and did just that and kept getting 7,050 on easy mode each time ^^

Yeah, I did this on easy and beat AAA. I was then going to do it on hard to try and get a higher score but gave up after the first level coz it didn't seem to be giving me any more points than easy which I thought was a bit strange.

Thanks for the great tips! I didn't realize how important it was to eliminate all enemies every level. I was playing on Normal and Hard, and I couldn't beat AAA because I kept killing the master before getting all of the lackeys. But when I tried playing on Easy, I beat him on my first try.

Score: 6500 NP: 1000

Success! Your NP: 0

Your High Score: 6500

Plays Today: 0

...eh?

I'm definitely logged in.... didn't get Abigail's prize though either :/

EDIT: Just went to inventory and was sent to log in page :( How odd. I was definitely logged in when I played the game though and have a screen print to prove it!!

EDIT 2: Logged in, played again, same problem :/

EDIT 3: Aaaand now it seems to be working fine. Third time lucky it seems!

Any tips on how to tell which one of the enemies is which on hard mode? I get confused :(

And on easy, how do you kill the scorchios? I can't figure out nothing about their 4 on defense...

It's kinda hard to tell which is which on hard mode...but sometimes you notice by how many tiles they move. Like the Acaras can move the best distance, so if you see one going over 3+ tiles, it's probably gonna be an Acara. Just memorize your own team's movements and you'll notice the same things a bit if that helps xD

The only ways to defeat the scorchios is beating them with one of your acaras (it said on their description that they can instantly defeat anything with "fire" or something) or get one of those Red Jars around the area with your Gelert or Skeith. Be warned that the effects go away after around 2 turns, so be quick if you're gonna go with the gelert or skeith. The easiest way is just having your acara handle the two.

The scoring in this game is screwed up! I beat all three levels on Hard in under 30 turns and barely got over 5k score

I agree with you there. Same thing happened to me so I went back and did it on easy and immediately got over 7000. I think it's a nice game but would be better if you actually got more points for thinking about it/completing the hard mode than easy.

I just beat AAA on easy. What I did was kill a few things, then killed the Master with an Acara. I ended up with 7050. But if you don't kill anything, and just go straight for the Master on easy, you won't get enough points. It takes at least 5 turns to get to him, and you get 100 points for killing him, then a 1750 time bonus, for a total of. 5550 a game. If you want to try beating it on hard (you won't get the 7,000 points on medium or hard without a lot of difficulty though)then here is what I do. First, send out one of your Kougras. The computer will always send out an Acara, who will always move toward a potion. If there are any potions on the field, the enemy will always go for those. To tell what piece is what, remember that an Acara (Which there is two of) can move trough rocks and people, and move four spaces. A Kougra (Which there is 2 of) can move three. A Skeith (One) can move 2, a Gerlert (One) can move 3, and a Scorchio (two) and the master (one) can only move one. When moving into their territory, remember to keep at least 3 spaces away from anything, this way you cannot be attacked. If the opponent is in range, he will almost always attack you, unless he knows what your piece is and he knows he will lose. Use this to your advantage. Potions last until used (I.E. a defense will last until you are attacked, a attack will last until you attack, and a speed will last until you move.) and your opponent will attack you even if you have a defense potion, even with an Acara. Next, move out one of your Acaras, then move up your Kougra and start taking things down with it. Remember to stay a safe distance. Gerlerts are very useful, but wont last to long. If you ever find yourself with only your Master and Scorchios (Which happens to me a lot), then move up one of the Scorchios to the master, if you know where he is (Which should be easy to find at this point) The Master will attack it, thus winning the game for you. If there are more pieces, then they will also attack the Scorchio, destroying the battler, but requiring you to use another Scorchio, because he will know it is a Scorchio. Good luck everyone!

I agree with most people who say the easiest way to beat AAA is on Easy mode. Just remember that pretty much the only things that can kill the Scorchios are the Acaras, so try and keep at least one alive.

My method is pretty much the same as everyone else's. Ignore the time bonus, kill everything in sight BEFORE killing the Master. You should be able to beat the game then.