The Official Pokemon Topic

CAV of Gang Green

What do you mean it doesn't work? That lizard thing looks smug as hell it's fantastic.

I can't see the nose being anything else, really. Unless you want a giant head tumor I guess. What where you thinking it would be?

The more I look at these pokemon the more I'm hoping they'll all have 2 types. Maybe Grass/Electric, Water/Ice, Fire/Ground or Dark??...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people say fail, well, maybe for the water and fire, but grass looks awesome. Overall they actually look better than the art.

If I get grass, I would've gotten one of every starter element. Sapphire was Torchic (fire), and Diamond was Piplup (water), so add it up.

Metroid and I are hoping the fire type (tenative Japanese name is Pokabu) will have tusks of the same material as it's tail ball thing. Which would be quite cool.

As for dual types, I agree that the water one looks part Ice. The grass type is hard to see as it's behind Pokabu, on the edge, AND hit by the glare of the camera flash... but it looks part... either electic or ground, really. Pokabu could be either dark or ground, though I can't tell which.

What do you mean it doesn't work? That lizard thing looks smug as hell it's fantastic.

I can't see the nose being anything else, really. Unless you want a giant head tumor I guess. What where you thinking it would be?

I was thinking more along the lines of the sketches posted before.

newpokes.png

I eveer expected to have anything like those sketchs. The starters- all Pokemon, really- have very solid color schemes. No fancy colors bands, no swirly cheeks. Those details would be lost when going to the much smaller game sprites, and very hard to keep track of when animating. In addition, that one sets Mijumaru as the wrong shade of blue (you'll note that of all the water starters, Mudkip is the darkest blue and even then he's not that dark), and Pokabu the wrong color entirely (fire starters are orange, with the exception of Cyndaquil who is shown with his flames out anyways to make up for it). The way they did Tsutaja made him face the wrong way entirely.

No, the in-game Arceus is still technically unobtainable. There have been a few events that allowed you to get one by outside means, but they're long gone.

I don't really like that design for the fake grass pokemon. I feel like the head is only shaped like that to fill the silhouette. The face looks more digimon to me too. Someone drew this before the starters were revealed and I think it's (nose) the most attractive way to go.

Fake_BW_Grass_Starter.png

Someone pointed out on another site that the girl has a whole trucker look going on. Now I can't choose between the guy and the girl. whyyyy ;_;

No, the in-game Arceus is still technically unobtainable. There have been a few events that allowed you to get one by outside means, but they're long gone.

The events were at places like Nintedo World (in my hometown of NY), Gamestop, and Toysrus, but they all ended. The only other way is to get an action replay and find a code for the Arceus event.

Serebii's pre-release page has some clearer shorts of the starters in their artwork form, and tenative sprites taken from CoroCoro's battle preview images. Gotta say, not bad. Mijumaru looks cute, Pokabu is good, and Tsutaja looks all right as well.

:O

Wow, what can I say? I love all of them, but my favourite is Tsutaja. :D I don't normally like the grass starters, but I must say that Tsutaja isn't too bad.

This week's Pokemon Sunday shows footage of the new battle graphics (it's awesome) and of walking through the city. The random people there can go around you and some will talk to you as they pass without interrpting gameplay.

I've been teasing my husband recently about Pokemon. (He's been playing since he was a kid.) He couldn't believe it when I said there was going to be a 5th generation. (Black and White) It's amazing how this thread can actually make it sound like I know something about Pokemin.

When I mentioned that there would be new starters, he forbid me from saying more. :laughingsmiley: So I told him if he didn't get his act together, I'd print out the images and start leaving them around home for him to accidentally find. He wasn't quite as amused as I was. (And of course, I would never do that.)

You should've showed them to him anyway. I would never pass up leaked Pokemon images!

I couldn't do that to him. He really wants to wait. So I'll wait. He already didn't want to know that I didn't like the Fire starter, even though Fire is usually my favorite.

He didn't do anything to make me angry. :laughingsmiley: I was just giving him a hard time because we were out, and I wanted to go somewhere, and he wouldn't get off the phone.