The Official Pokemon Topic

CAV of Gang Green

What I do is restart old gameboy games and get legends and other rare/strong pokemon then migrate them to my play and soulsilver games.

I can't do that. All I have is Diamond and Saphire, and I lost my Sapphire years ago.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Red Gyarados in the 2nd gen games is a shiny, but technically it shouldn't be a part of "caught shinies" lists, as everyone gets it. It is, however, still very cool.

I'm sure if you asked around there'd be people willing to trade or lend you what you need (lending being, trade for it's in your dex, then trade back so you have your orig Pokemon. Usually requires something of value from you when doing so)

I have no shinies (excluding the Red Gyrarados, but I don't use it in battle).

I don't have any Game Boy Pokemon game (only DS ones), but I trade with my friends. I have quite a few decent Pokemon now.

*pokes above post!* Anyway, I don;t fancy collecting Legendaries, I borrowed my Friend's AR, got Mew and found no need for it. You can't use them at the Frontier so... what's their use?

Collecting. Things don't have to have a use, just to get them.

My husband teases me when we're playing Pokemon, because for whatever reason, I feel the need to catch every single one that I don't have yet. (It took me roughly 30 hours of playing to reach the Pokemon League people on Fire Red. It took him less than 9 hours to get to the same point.) He says it's because I'd walk back and forth in the same 5 spots of grass, waiting for something I didn't have to pop up. But then again, whenever you got rewarded for having a certain number in your Pokedex, I ALWAYS had more than I needed. He never did. He had to go catch more, then go back for it. :rolleyes_anim:

But, having never played Pokemon until about a month ago, it's a new experience for me. And I want ALL of the Pokemon. :laughingsmiley:

*pokes my above post!* Anyway, I don;t fancy collecting Legendaries, I borrowed my Friend's AR, got Mew and found no need for it. You can't use them at the Frontier so... what's their use?

Also to fight on Wifi. Not to mention they simply look cool (Latios & Latias FTW!)

Sorry we missed your previous post. I checked it out. Are you trying to make an unofficial guide of Black & White? Exactly what are you aiming at?

Also to fight on Wifi. Not to mention they simply look cool (Latios & Latias FTW!)

Sorry we missed your previous post. I checked it out. Are you trying to make an unofficial guide of Black & White? Exactly what are you aiming at?

I was just showing you guys my entry for a competitions :D And also, I wanted you to know that the Pokemon Crystal is on my Phone, a java file, not an iPhone. So if you;d like it, I can send you the link :)

EDIT: Awww, I didn't win :( This awesomeness did: AWESOME!

'Twas a Fun Event though.

I really need to finish up playing Fire Red. I'm trying to level up one of my team, so I can finish up the Pokemon League thing. (What is that called?) A couple in my team were way high leveled, but a couple weren't, so it screwed things up when I tried to finish it.

the Pokemon League thing. (What is that called?)

You mean the Elite Four (and Pokemon Champion)? I didn't know you were that far behind in pokemon.

What made me create this is because HG & SS is becoming the biggest fad in my 8th grade, and even though I have Diamond, I got the pokemon hype once again after a 10 month hiatus.

I have Crystal, <-- The best Pokemon game, thank you very much :P

Diamond, and Yellow special edition (the one where Pikachu follows you all over the place). I've played Fire Red and Pearl as well. Crystal will always be my favourite, but I kind of love the Yellow one because you can get Pikachu lost in a cave :whistle:

I saw what you crossed out! And I agree. Pikachu is annoying, he's become the face of Pokemon, when it should be whatever starters are in the current generation. Or a lengendary. Hey, Arceus did create the Pokemon Universe!

Pikachu is the overall mascot. Each gen ends up with one of the starters as a sort of gen-specific mascot. For instance, by the anime at least, the 4th gen mascot in Piplup. As for legends- the games now center around a legend each. It's on the box art!

I'm thinking of buying Heart Gold...what does that weird little pokeball gadget thingy that comes with the game do?

It's called a pokéwalker. You can transfer your pokemon to the device and take it along with you on several paths. It counts your steps as you walk (in real life) and usually levels up your pokemon by one if you transfer it back to your game.

You can also catch pokemon and find items with it, pretty awesome :D

You mean the Elite Four (and Pokemon Champion)? I didn't know you were that far behind in pokemon.

Yes, that's what I meant. And I'm that far behind because I only started playing Pokemon about a month and a half ago, because my husband wanted me to try it. And he wanted me to start at the beginning.

The game isn't quite the same if you don't start at the beginning with your own Pokemon and own way of doing things. Besides, you get a lot more hours of gameplay when you start from the right point. xD

It makes sense to start at the beginning. And I'm really enjoying it that way. I'd never paid much attention to Pokemon over the years, but it thought I'd enjoy it and I really do. I just need to get my group leveled up more before I can continue.

The second generation is by far my favorite of them all ^^ I also agree that Crystal was probably the BEST pokemon game in the series ^_^

Haven't played my SS in a while after I finally defeated Red with my level 70ish team xD It was kinda hard since I forgot his team were over level 80 O.O

Oh well, still got a cute Squirtle and Mudkip after that ^~^

I'm still currently playing Sky Mystery Dungeon in my spare time.

So I decided to try EV training seriously today. + how the heck do people do this and not give up the first five minutes? It's so tedious to do.

Oh and finally beat all the gyms and got the GB Sound. It's making all these pokemon battles a little less worse. Best item in the game!!