The Official Pokemon Topic

CAV of Gang Green

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colo and XD were both fun. The lack of Pokemon was a neat new take on the games. I've fully beaten both a few times, though I did have the added bonus of a cheat sheet for seeing where Shadow Pokemon were and plotting my route (I have a thing for maps).

Wow... I didn't realize how many Pokemon games there were. o_O To think I started off playing the original Red, Blue, Green and Yellow on my old pink Gameboy Color. I never really cared for the next generations of Pokemon (with a few exceptions such as Marill and some of the Legendaries.)

But I'm playing Pokemon Emerald now. Just started, but it's fun so far. :3

Does anyone remember the movie "Mewtwo Strikes Back"?

I remember that movie. I watched it at an overnight B-day party at my freinds house the same day my Latios EX got stolen. -Glares at my freind Zane-

My most favourite pokemon movie ever however was Pokemon Movie 2000. Lugia and Slowking ftw! Plus I loved the music. xD

I remember these movies. They were good at first, but after Heroes, it went downhill. Suprisingly, Heroes is my favorite. Latios & Latias FTW!

I hated Colo and XD. If you notice, pokemon has never really had a good console game. Pokemon Stadium could be an exeption, but barely.

There needs to be a Pokemon Stadium 3 or something. No, not that Battle Revolution thing.

Pokemon Black and White are alright names, although bland. Neat to see them return to the color titles again though (although black and white aren't really colors).

Pokemon Ebony and Ivory would have been interesting... Musical legendary Pokemon. :P

The "new" battle system interests me though. We finally are able to see the full backside of the Pokemon... perhaps more battle animations?

Despite my display name, I got SoulSilver when it came out here.

Currently up to Elite Four.

Black and White? Decent names.

Pokemon on consoles hasn't been all that good. I didn't mind Stadium, but I prefer Pokemon on handhelds.

I liked Colo and XD. :( I mean, yeah, they weren't anything mind-blowing, but they weren't awful, either. The fact that they limited the Pokemon you could catch, though slightly annoying, provided an interesting challenge, and I liked how they both had darker storylines than the main games. I did find purifying to be a chore, but eh. What RPG DOESN'T have grinding?

Also, Miror B. = win.

On the other hand, I think the Stadium games are overrated. They're fun and all, but they're not as great as people make them out to be. Like, I heard awhile ago that the game was programmed to make the computer "luckier" than you or something, and that's where the challenge comes from. I'll admit, however, that it was both fun and challenging to try beating the game using only Rental Pokemon. :P I'd play the games for hours just to do that.

People only like the Stadium games so much, because of the nostalgia and the novelty of Pokemon "going 3-D" back then imho.

Purifying Shadow pokemon was terrible, and that was a large portion of the game. And one you finnished something, you couldn't figure out what to do next.

I never said Stadium was fantastic, but it was the best of the pokemon console games. Better than Snap, much better than Colo/XD, and far beyond better than Battle Revolution.

What do you guys think of this (Gen 5 girl):

1271097144428.png

Real or fake? the art looks bad but the concept looks just like the girl in the scans.

EDIT: Please do tell me if you don't appreciate my posts about the Generation 5. It's all I seem to be posting on here and if you don't want the Spoilers, please do tell :)

Given the lack of bag (as in, backpack or messenger bag or something) I'm going with fake. In addition, as a general rule, these things are released in color.

Is anyone psyched for Movie 13?? I'm not.

I am!! ....Well okay, I admit, I haven't seen movies... 4-12, so maybe I'm not that psyched. But I'm just so excited for 5th Gen!! I've been filling up my pokedex on Platinum and play HG while my boyfran plays SS for about a month now. I love getting back into Pokemon.

Oh and we collected the whole HGSS TCG Set when it came out. <3

I'm not, like I said, Pokemon movies plummited after Heroes, and I don't bother watching neither the films or the anime. They are a disgrace to the games.

Besides, I'm tired of seeing Ash and Pikachu. And isn't the slogan "Gotta catch em all"? Cause that's the main point of pokemon, it's also the one thing Ash isn't doing. He sees a pokemon, battles it, then lets it go. What's up with that?

As for the trainer photo, is she eating a card? I think it's fake too.

Actually they dropped that slogan after the first gen. Also, it was only part of the dubbed version- not the original.

Bit hard to tell, but I think it's a chocolate bar or something in her mouth.

Actually they dropped that slogan after the first gen. Also, it was only part of the dubbed version- not the origional.

Bit hard to tell, but I think it's a chocolate bar or something in her mouth.

I'm thinking it's some sort of PokeAthlete Card. I so want/know she's going to be involved in PokeAthalons in the Anime :D