Is God an alien?

zoobidubi

Sirs,

I don't know any philosophy.But one thing that makes me ponder is that why haven't we seen God?There is no hell or heaven rather galaxies and metal core of our earth.So what can be the abode of God.Don't you think he is an alien or does he exist in another dimension ?Can anybody say what physics laws does he use to be invisible.The reason that I ask this question is that I have got some signs that God exists but I still cant believe.How come horrorscopes and astrologers predictions come true.Please enlighten

This belongs in Debate and Disscusion.

But to awnser your question, God in my opinion, lives in heaven (obviously), but heaven is outside of the universe, therfore he certainly isn't an alien. I don't know if you would say anything about a different demention, but heaven is outside of the universe. That's what I believe.

When you want to be an astronamer like me, you're torn between religon and science...

CAV, report the post next time so we know we have to move a thread. Thanks. :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Random Chit Chat' to 'Debate & Discussion'.

I find the word alien to be too vague, as it merely implies not of this Earth. Frankly, in decoding human dna-scientists are stumped as to where we are actually from, as the remaining 4% which remains a mystery has yet to be proven to be from this planet.

It is difficult to incorporate religious beliefs into a physics debate, however I think that the closest theory to what I believe about God would be the Strand Theory. It states that all matter is composed of vibrating strands or strings of energy.

We cannot see these strands, not in their actual form, we only see them in the way our eyes are capable of perceiving.

I believe that God and spiritual beings exist all around us. I believe that heaven is not some far off place, simply a dimension that is a vibrational energy right around us that most of us are incapable of having an awareness of other than thoughts and feelings.

I think that the differences in how beings interpret sounds and colors are further indications that perceptions of energies are at the root of our not being able to see other things with our own eyes, hear with our own ears, touch with our own hands, etc.

For example-we have proven time and again that there are most certainly life forms too small for us to perceive (unassisted, anyway) on our flat physical plane of existence. Why would it be that far fetched that there are others we have not discovered, that size would not necessarily be the only limiting factor?

I think it depends on what you mean as alien - if alien means not of our world then God is an alien, likewise, if alien means something we cannot understand or explain, then God is alien. It really depends on your point of view. I don't believe in horoscopes and such like as I believe that they are guess work and we can never know what is in our future. I also believe that our future is not set out for us as a preordained 'fate', but as a series of pathways which through our free will we choose. I believe he exists, that he is around us and outside of us, he is God and there are no limitations on God. We can never know whether he is solid or invisible, but it is stated that we are made in God's image.

Plus - a final point - I am not a sir!

I will just add this:

I believe that there is one God only and he is the most graceful and kind Lord, he is the most powerful and he created us all and the whole universe. You think that it will be hard of him to be invisible to us :guiltysmiley:?

As I usually add in these conversation: who cares?

I don't think we'll EVER be able to 'prove' if God exists or not, let alone if He is an alien or not. Or how He looks like. Or anything like that.

Sirs,

I don't know any philosophy.But one thing that makes me ponder is that why haven't we seen God?There is no hell or heaven rather galaxies and metal core of our earth.So what can be the abode of God.Don't you think he is an alien or does he exist in another dimension ?Can anybody say what physics laws does he use to be invisible.The reason that I ask this question is that I have got some signs that God exists but I still cant believe.How come horrorscopes and astrologers predictions come true.Please enlighten

I know your a newbie here but how dare you say that!!! Y'know, many people here here are Christians! *Coughmecough* Of course God isn't an alien! Yes, there is a Heaven and a H*ll! God does exist, God made the universe! All though I abide to the scientific version aswell, he still made it! And yes God is a man! And CC, I didn't know you were Christian! *Wugs CC*

Aidan, that attitude was entirely inappropriate for a debate forum. This is a debate, not a flame war. The original poster didn't mean it as an offense to your religion.

How come horrorscopes and astrologers predictions come true.

If you read the horoscopes in the newspaper, you'll notice that pretty much all of them are good advice that could apply to potentially anyone. I, for one, am an Aquarius. However, the Pisces horoscope could apply to my life just as well as the Aquarius horoscope. That's part of the art of writing horoscopes - making them applicable.

I have nothing to say on the subject of whether God is an alien except that I personally believe he is not.

Aiden, you have one more chance to behave yourself. This is a mature debate, and things you say can and will offend certain people. If you don't like the topic, don't post. But keep that crap up, and you won't be allowed to post here anymore.

Well many Christians would tell you that God dwells on the metaphysical realm. Meta means "beyond" (in case you didn't know). So essentially that translates to "beyond physical". What that means is, God exists in another realm. Not really another dimension in the sci-fi sense of the word, but a spiritual realm that in a sense overlaps ours. And that realm exists and is completely unobservable to us. That is where heaven is supposed to be - and hell as well. You can't see God because he doesn't have a form.

And define alien for us. If an alien is one who flies down in a UFO, abducts humans, and makes crop circles, then no.

I am not a Christian Aidan, I am a Muslim. I am sure that everybody is gonna think that I like wars and all but I would say that you truly don't know the truth.

• 2 weeks later...

By Alien you mean little man in a flying disk right? :P

No, God is The Father (In Heaven) Jesus (Was on earth, now in Heaven at the right hand of The Father) and the Holy Spirit (Which lives in all of us on Earth)

We are only jars of clay, we are not supposed to understand The Lord...

Is God actually a being? If the answer to this is yes, and since He obviously did not originate from Earth (as he created it) then by definition he is an alien.

Alternatively though, God is merely an idea, something that exists and exerts power only because people believe. This is faith. From this though you could say that without us, humans, God does not exist, ergo he doesn't exist, therefore cannot be alien or otherwise.

RohanX, I'll tell you the same thing I told Aiden. That kind of crap is not tolerated here, and you will be banned from this forum if you keep it up.

This thread will be locked if people can't behave themselves. You don't need to bash someone to prove a point.

• 2 weeks later...

I will just add this:

I believe that there is one God only and he is the most graceful and kind Lord, he is the most powerful and he created us all and the whole universe. You think that it will be hard of him to be invisible to us :guiltysmiley:?

You know, I lost my mother and my god-father last year. Finances suck for me, and school is terrible. These things are making me wonder, is there even a god? And if so, why does he treat his creations like crap?

I know your a newbie here but how dare you say that!!! Y'know, many people here here are Christians! *Coughmecough* Of course God isn't an alien! Yes, there is a Heaven and a H*ll! God does exist, God made the universe! All though I abide to the scientific version aswell, he still made it! And yes God is a man! And CC, I didn't know you were Christian! *Wugs CC*

I agree with everyone that that was the exact WRONG thing to do in Debate and Disscusion. I'm Catholic. I'm pretty sure people don't mind this guy asking this question. The guys curious, doesn't mean you have to snap at him.

And for all we know, God could be female.

I am not a Christian Aidan, I am a Muslim. I am sure that everybody is gonna think that I like wars and all but I would say that you truly don't know the truth.

I don't think so. Terrorists created that image and it sucks that they did that, but sucks more that people are quickly to judge on someone's religon.

• 3 months later...

You know, I lost my mother and my god-father last year. Finances suck for me, and school is terrible. These things are making me wonder, is there even a god? And if so, why does he treat his creations like crap?

In my belief system God tests us all to see if our faith is true. Also I don't believe God treats us like crap as humans are often responsible for the crap we're in. By that I DO NOT mean that you killed your mother and your Godfather or that your to blame the recession and poor finances. But when you really look at it death is an inevitable part of life. As for finances your really can't blame God for that either can you? He didn't tell people to make one of the worst possible financial systems in the world, you know? As it is, we all end up questioning whether or not He/She exists or not.

To the point of the debate the only proof I've ever needed as to God's existence is this: We exist. We are a creation and there can be no creation with out a creator. Is God an alien? again, it really depends on your definition of alien, so it's hard to answer that one.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Native) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I say there probably is a God, even though I don't have a proper religion. I think that God is probably really busy with the whole population of the planet so he cannot focus on certain individuals and make sure they can lead a good life. I say God doesn't live on Earth, but he wouldn't be considered an alien; he's a supernatural being or something like that. and i don't think God would have a gender... he created genders, didn't he? I'm not sure why people always refer to God as a "he". The universe is really big, he might live anywhere. He might even look over life on planets other than Earth, another excuse for him to not be able to care for us too much. There are animals and plants he needs to care for as well.

Sirs,

Well, I would join this conversation, but alas, I am not a "sir"

<_<

Aw, don't be offended... I'm not a sir either, I'm guessing the guy who started this conversation was just using it as a joke or something. Either way... why talk about this? If someone REALLY wants to know, just study different religions or something.

This is a topic that's been done to death, but sure, I'm game to give my little opinion.

Taking the question "Is God an alien" implies that God exists. I'm an atheist, but for the sake of the argument let's roll with it. It is possible that a being of much higher intelligence than us would be perceived as 'godlike'. Imagine if someone could do the most complex math in their head faster than a computer, knew the unified force of the universe, could form wormholes and could travel through spacetime in a way that we've only seen in Star Trek and other fictional media. If we met a creature like this, surely there would be some that would call this create "God". Now imagine if such an evolved creature could actually create universes and life through scientific means. They would have no true godlike powers, they cannot answer prayer, cannot perform miracles that go against the laws of nature or so on, but they would be as close to god as one could be.

So yes, I believe that in theory there could be godlike creatures living...out there. Likely? Of course not.

But do I believe that anyone or anything could be a GOD, as in the bearded man of theology and spiritual texts? Not at all. (But that's probably a different topic for a different day.)

The reason no one has seen god is because he's just a figure of most peoples imagination to keep them from being scared of death and other things...

I think we are going to agree on a lot of things, Sully. :P

(By the way, my avatar is the Invisible Pink Unicorn, an atheist site similar to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I intend to get it as a tattoo.)