Dragon Cave Discussion Thread

Ruto

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After observing http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Vine_Dragons, I would say that you have a normal Vine dragon.

Hm, never knew there was a wiki. Does TJ allow it? (Last time I checked he didn't want the pictures anywhere else other than his site).

Ah well, that's a pity :(

Does anyone have a Valentine Dragon they'd be

willing to breed? :x

I'd like to have an old Valentine egg. ^^;

I have one if you'd like it. I dunno when they're gonna be able to start breeding yet though. Can they now?

You can check the first page of this thread. The policy's been removed. That wiki was shown to me on the DC forums, and it's been around since March 2009. TJ would have found it and shut it down by now if it were not allowed.

EDIT: Darn! I finally got a Skywing and Water up to adulthood because I wanted in on the Bluna action, but they didn't produce an egg. Try again next week.

Find? No. Get? Yes. They basically flood the cave, and the fast clickers flood it too. I sat with really crappy internet until very late on Valentine's to pick up my egg. I think I clicked about 60 eggs before I actually got one.

But the good news is that people can only have two Valentines ever, so when more people start to fill their limit, you have a better chance of getting one. :)

Sometimes you just get a lucky click, other times you try so hard you scream when you get one.

No, we can't breed them yet. I'd wager we'll be able to breed them starting between the 7th and the 14th. ANd I've got a little list of people who want the old Valentines going, I'll put you on it for refrence.

The current list:

Givers:

Anime

Alice

Livvy

Joanna

Recivers:

xSoapp

Jikuu (maybe) (You said you didn't have one but would be stalknig for one. I put you on here as we're likely gonig to have more givers that recivers. xD)

No. We get a new one every year. Otherwise they wouldn't be new ones. xD This is done so those who were here have a nice little CB momento of the holidays they observed on DC.

You can add me to the list of givers - I have one from last year.

So when you say you can only have two Valentines, does that mean you can only have two adults or does that include frozen hatchlings?

And the Valentines dragons only come as females, right?

Includes hatchlings. That's why I'm doing this- so we can have a better shot at organizing so those of us with two can get a bred egg to someone in our time limit.

Last year's were only female, yes, but given that Hollies started as male only when CB and became either when bred, that's not quite set in stone. We don't know about this year's, they mgiht be male-only, female-only, or either.

Oh good. Thank you Soap; I was going to ask that same thing. I thought it was two from each year, but Anime made it sound like it was otherwise. Thanks for clearing that up, Anime. =]

EDIT: Will, can I borrow your awesome name-researching skills? I need a name for a female Nocturne.

I didn't know that Nocturnes' change color in the night laughingsmiley.gif.

I would like to be on the list of receivers but since I simply suck at the current trading system than I will pass and find my own. Does it come in the cave also or only in the AP?

I didn't know that Nocturnes' change color in the night laughingsmiley.gif.

I would like to be on the list of receivers but since I simply suck at the current trading system than I will pass and find my own. Does it come in the cave also or only in the AP?

...? The new ones will flood the cave... and the old ones will be bred only.

EDIT: Will, can I borrow your awesome name-researching skills? I need a name for a female Nocturne.

Hm, the best I can think of for a Nocturne would be Aerolyth.

Explanation:

"Aero-" is for air, which is suitable because dragons fly, and "-lyth" is actually an audio variation of "-lith", which means stone, since Nocturnes turn into stone during the day.

Like it?

Which reminds me, I still need to come up with a name for your vamp you gifted me...

Edit: Looks like I already did, only I forgot :P

Lol I'll take it then.

Um...let's see...

There's Vayulith or Vayulyth (the first only offered cause the second looks weird - too many y's), Vollyth, Vollythia, Vinlytha...something similar to those?

To come up with names I usually just take a root or too and just play around with them, adding letters or whatever. You can try the same thing.

Sorry, I'm out of ideas - I personally don't think the ones offered were that good. Looking for "wind" related stuff that doesn't start with "a" is hard.

I'll take a look at some other ideas tomorrow, some stuff to do with night and the like if you still haven't decided on anything by then.

Haha and yes, I did :P. Don't I have great memory?

I never think too long and too hard when naming my frozen hatchlings and dragons, I just name it the first silly think that comes to my mind. rolleyes_anim.gif That is why I should suggest you not to visit my scroll for the sake of your sanity and in some cases insanity.