Multiple accounts different family members.

1998zachary1998

people claimng they are frozen  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think they are lying

• Yes, they are they broke the rules and don't want to admit it.
    • No, they are telling the truth
    • can be either way, some people may be lying but TNT has mistakenly frozen innocent people.

I have heard of people getting all accounts in their household frozen because TNT claimed they were breaking the rules, that they were earning neopoints on more than one account. However for years I have shared my computer with Ian(the younger one not the admin but you all probably knew this with our simular siggys)and Richard. Not once have we been frozen, warned or suspended for earning neopoints on one more than one account. Not once did TNT suspect that we were one person earning neopoints on three different accounts. We also play at school, and there must be like 20 or so kids at our school who play neopets, some with parental permission some without. So are people who claim they and their siblings got frozen telling the truth or are they lying because they hope TNT will think they were different people. I mean neither of us have had a problem with sharing the PC, on neopets, or even on TDNforums. So are people just lying when they say they were frozen for this, or unfairly frozen for breaking the rules in another way? What do you think.

I've often wondered this. My brothers played neopets too, back in the days, and I took over their accounts (if they still knew their password) and put on their profile information that I didn't play any games, but my brothers a long time ago.

As well I've logged in on school and even in my library and I haven't been kicked out. My friends tend to log in on my computer as well and do their dailies when they come and sleep over.

I guess it is true that TNT may kick people off for having multiple accounts in the household, accidentally. However, if I was cheating and got frozen... I probably would be to ashamed to admit that and say the same thing. You'll never know, I guess ;)

I think there are people who get frozen unfairly because their household play Neopets as well.

However, I think there are more people who say their household plays Neopets, but actually have multiple accounts and get frozen for it. TNT can never be sure.

I, however, never had this problem and my mother (and exboyfriend) played Neopets on the same computer too.

I don't think that TNT will make that many mistakes, I think that that they DO have a strategy when it comes to know the truth but there strategy is still not perfect.

Yeah they look at all sorts of stuff, like; are you online at the same time? are the e-mail addresses different? what kind of games do you play? what kind of scores do you get? what are your other Neopian activities etc.

I think they're very careful before freezing someone for that offense.

I suppose it really depends, I'd say a lot of people are telling the truth. But you will always get some who get caught and therefore come up with a convenient excuse. It's not right, but in the same situation I would probably do the same (anything to avoid losing my account!). But different people would play different games - for example, if my brother was on neopets he'd play the sports games which I cannot do, likewise he wouldn't have the patience for stamp collecting or plushie collecting. So they'd probably work with that kind of informaton.

Btw, I hear of people having side accounts. What are the rules regarding that? I'd always just assumed it wasn't allowed, but I must be massively wrong!

Actually heart/break Ian never got the parental permission form, he just lied about his age.

Anyways one more thing I should add, is when I go to my friend Richard's house. His older brother also plays neopets, I log in there, I have the same first name as his brother and not once have we had a problem.

I used to worry about this back when I was in school and logging in at school. I'm sure there are cases where people are frozen who aren't breaking the rules but most likely the majority of the time TNT knows what they are doing and freeze people who are truly doing something wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I think neo is probably pretty good at telling whether you're playing multiple accounts, or whether it's a family. I've been playing for 8 years, and have lived with other people who play it, and never with any problem. I think it's obvious if people all keep their accounts separate and accumulate items and funds v's playing games and sending items and points all to a central account.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose it really depends, I'd say a lot of people are telling the truth. But you will always get some who get caught and therefore come up with a convenient excuse. It's not right, but in the same situation I would probably do the same (anything to avoid losing my account!). But different people would play different games - for example, if my brother was on neopets he'd play the sports games which I cannot do, likewise he wouldn't have the patience for stamp collecting or plushie collecting. So they'd probably work with that kind of informaton.

Btw, I hear of people having side accounts. What are the rules regarding that? I'd always just assumed it wasn't allowed, but I must be massively wrong!

Side accounts are permitted if you want to have more pets, galleries etc. I think, but you're not allowed to earn neopoints (do more dailies twice) sort of thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't it be sort of easy to tell if it's one person on multiple accounts or two different people? I'm not sure, but this is the only reason I keep trying to talk my sister out of joining Neopets. x)

My mom and i have seperate accounts and sometimes play on the same computer. I think it really has to do with the type of games you play/what you do on neopets that makes the difference. My mom likes to play more of the word games but i despise them. She doesn't overly care about site things and i try to keep up with them. I think they only say something if there is a lot of transfer between accounts and if they are doing similar things on each one. As far as your sister goes let her make an account. It is always nice having someone to compare scores with for daily dares or things like that.

• 2 months later...

My best friend and her sister were frozen for 'cheating' as were two of my cousins. They weren't cheating, but they did help each other out. My brother and I never got frozen, but we never shared either :S. I think that's what has to do with it, if the accounts are kept totally separate, with no transfer of items or neopoints between them then they won't freeze them. Otherwise people need to be careful. TNT can be a little quick to pass judgement, but some are pretty reasonable too.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephé if you have any questions regarding this action.