Atlas of the Ancients prizes

Shane for Wax

I've decided not to send in a bug report and just keep checking my account periodically, hoping they're just fixing all the accounts whether they complained or not. If I see other people start to get fixed and within a few days of that, mine is still messed up, then I'll send one. It's hard to be patient, especially when I'm not sure it'll pay off, but at least I have the advent calendar and some other things to help keep my mind off of it.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided not to send in a bug report and just keep checking my account periodically, hoping they're just fixing all the accounts whether they complained or not. If I see other people start to get fixed and within a few days of that, mine is still messed up, then I'll send one. It's hard to be patient, especially when I'm not sure it'll pay off, but at least I have the advent calendar and some other things to help keep my mind off of it.

Very true, and the Advent Calendar should get us all excited over the seasonal attack pea coming soon :whistle:

so I've sent them a report and this is what they responded

[theneopetsteam] The Neopets Staff

» Make this user your Neofriend

Sent: 11/12/2009 09:46am

Folder: Inbox

Subject: Your Neopets Inquiry

[Report Message] Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry you submitted!

Thanks for writing and for participating in our Atlas of the Ancients site event! In order to have earned the top tier of prizes (including the fancy magma-themed trophy) you had to have completed all of the plot steps (including the moltara group puzzle) on the same day they were released. The next level of prizes (including the golden trophy) were earned by completing all of the plot steps (including the moltara group puzzle) on or before November 24th. The third prize level (the silver trophy) was awarded for completing all of the steps excluding the group puzzle on or before November 24th. The final trophy and prizes were awarded for participating in the plot and completing some of the challenges but not enough to qualify for any of the above tiers. Sorry for the confusion, we hope that clears things up!

You may also want to ask your question in the Help Forum, found here: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/boardlist.phtml?board=5

You submitted:

Topic: The Atlas of the Ancients -> 1. What is the Atlas of the Ancients?

URL: lookup

Description: I do not know if I'm experiencing the glitch, the one thing I know is I've done everything and received the gold trophy. it's not bad, but at least I think we should know why we don't recieve the magma one.

Error received: none

Users involved:

This message is from an unmonitored email account. Please do not reply to this message as we will not receive your message. If you have further questions, please continue to use the forms on the site.

Sincerely,

The Neopets Team

-----

I still don't agree

You had to do it within a certain time limit or you got stuck with the rock trophy? That rots!

Nevertheless, I'll keep the probable time limit thing in mind in case I ever decide to do another plot in the future.

Maybe.

(P.S.: I fall under "didn't qualify for the other tiers"...so why don't I have my trophy yet?)

Again the answers they are giving back to users contradicts the users who have magma but didn't complete the steps on the day of release.

That little bit of info makes me rather angry. Not everyone can be on Neopets when stuff gets released by TNT. Some people would have been at work, school, or sleeping during most of the ten or so hours that the plot steps were available on release day. Giving players a full 24 hours from release time would be fair, instead of giving people less than 12 hours to do this stuff, since most steps were released mid-afternoon NST. I know that I was able to finish everything within 24 hours of steps being released, but there was one game that I didn't finish on the same day it was released, because I was too tired to get a high enough score that night. I finished it as soon as I woke up the next morning. I might have tried a little harder, though, had I thought that my success at the overall plot hinged on time.

Also, it seems like there are still lots of people who claim to have finished the plot steps on release day that didn't get the top tier of trophy and prizes.