TNT

tempdisplay

Well this topic is a bit of a rant about TNT, but the main questions is, "What's going on with them?" 

I mean we've all been complaining about them lately, whether it be the plot, Kass Basher, time they take to review scores, etc. So what's wrong with TNT? Why are they starting to act funny, run Neo in a weird way. I think they've lightened up on freezing accounts because I haven't heard much of those lately, this is good.  I hope you understand what I'm saying. Why do they seem not to have OUR interests at heart sometimes. 

Please post your comment below :D

I hate complainers. TNT is just having a hard time. Think about it, you have the largest virtual pet site in the world, with millions of people playing, it's hard to make everyone happy. I admire them that they can make an enjoyable people. I hope people think about that when they complain. You can't make everyone happy when you have millions of people with diverse tastes.

Yes, I think they should. It's probably hard to keep up with it all. Do you know how many of those they probably get a day? I think it could happen if TNT organized themselves better, by having different categories for contacting them, and different people to read them. But that's just me, what the heck do I know.

well its just logic really. i mean im involved in a small organisation and even WE have different emails for different things.

to be fair i dnt rly have a prob with TNT. sure , sometimes it feels like im walking on eggshells and im afraid of getting frozen all the time.. but hey, if things werent like that neopets wouldnt be fun to play at all would it?

I hate complainers. TNT is just having a hard time. Think about it, you have the largest virtual pet site in the world, with millions of people playing, it's hard to make everyone happy. I admire them that they can make an enjoyable people. I hope people think about that when they complain. You can't make everyone happy when you have millions of people with diverse tastes.

I always get a bit frustrated with this excuse. They are running a business, from a business standpoint, Neopets is terrible, the only reason they really stay in business is because their main demographic is children, and children tend to put up with a lot worse Customer Service/problems with the site. I mean, compare it to these Facebook stats. vvvvv

* 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day

* More than 35 million users update their status each day

* More than 55 million status updates posted each day

* More than 2.5 billion photos uploaded to the site each month

* More than 3.5 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each week

* More than 3.5 million events created each month

* More than 1.6 million active Pages on Facebook

* More than 700,000 local businesses have active Pages on Facebook

* Pages have created more than 5.3 billion fans

NO WAY Neopets even comes CLOSE to these stats (billions! BILLIONS), but Facebook runs perfectly, there are no glitches, no issues, and they have Customer Service Representatives that ACTUALLY respond and not just send you an automated message. Heck, they are even completely and utterly FREE. They don't charge their users for ANYTHING. Neopets does, and as such, that lowers their excuses from 0% to -50% Blame it on the fact that Viacom owns Neopets, Viacom knows they can take kids for a ride and not have issues, and as such they do. Shoddy service/website for more profit in the CEO's pocket. :evil: I'm not saying don't play neopets, I still do, but I'd say don't give them a dime of your money, they don't deserve it for the way they treat their customers.

Simple: It's not old-school TNT anymore. It's not even the TNT we had for a long while. It's freaking Nickelodeon running the site now. Therefore we get half-made plots, site events that aren't (Winterfest? They didn't add anything besides NC mall stockings and a trio of Meepits!). Their focus is mostly on "PROFIT CASH MONEY!$!" now. So they keep the site "free", but every event now has a NC counterpart, so players who want to enjoy every event to the fullest have to fork over real money. Games, scores, real plots... etc, take a while to make, and they don't make much money... while making people PAY for their Xmas stockings does!

I guess I'm really bitter about being expected to pay real money for half of my virtual Xmas gifts... Well, that and I miss real plots.

Too bad Neopets really doesn't realize that yes, bored college students still do play on the site and that yes, college students are still generally too broke to spend on virtual items. Yes, I fall under that category. If I weren't on a scholarship, I dunno what I'd do since I can't work.

I have to concur with the three posts above. To summarise my opinion: TNT could be doing better. A lot better. But considering their circumstances, especially the company they're working under, they are doing an amazing job.

Neopets is owned by Viacom. Further discussion of this crime against humanity should not be necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

you know to me TNT is getting pretty dang strict!! back then when i was like 7, they werent strict at all! but now, they're freezing everyones accounts! tell me if you agree.

Simple: It's not old-school TNT anymore. It's not even the TNT we had for a long while. It's freaking Nickelodeon running the site now. Therefore we get half-made plots, site events that aren't (Winterfest? They didn't add anything besides NC mall stockings and a trio of Meepits!). Their focus is mostly on "PROFIT CASH MONEY!$!" now. So they keep the site "free", but every event now has a NC counterpart, so players who want to enjoy every event to the fullest have to fork over real money. Games, scores, real plots... etc, take a while to make, and they don't make much money... while making people PAY for their Xmas stockings does!

I guess I'm really bitter about being expected to pay real money for half of my virtual Xmas gifts... Well, that and I miss real plots.

HEH exactly!!! i mean all i see is nickelodeon! i mean whats the deal with the spongebob dinerdash thing??? i think no one wants to play that while they're on neopets. and why do they have advertiesments now??its just rediculous!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I agree and disagree with a lot of things that neo does. I mean they are doing more for the people who were getting hacked though they made it harder to give back the accounts to the people who were hacked:(

They also have CONSTANT glitching all over the site, to which the NC Mall cash fund flow is supposed to fund getting more people working there and fulfilling the need for tech support etc. Their customer service is extremely lacking and non-intuitive. They have no regard for what it is for until you badger them with 50+ reports until they fix it

For example, I played 22 times on the fiery muffin day (12 gets you the prize) and I got nothing, they said even with the glitch I should have played until I did get it. That was MY fault for not playing enough. After nearly twice as many group game plays as the required amount you'd think they would have corrected that *shakes fist* but no, they told me it was my fault.

The NC mall and items glitch like crazy, the customer service there is now nearly non-existant at least for me it is and I have spent THOUSANDS of real dollars on the NC Mall.

They need to buck up to the problems, admit their faults, treat users like just that "comsumers of the site" instead of "sloths of the site"

They should be able to verify accounts with people that own them better.

But the good that they do, updating with new items everyday with the exception of weekends, actually having a plot (no matter how strangely thought out), giving us things to look forward too... who can go wrong with that?

*throws down microphone* Peace!

i guess your kinda right about the freezing accounts thing. i havent heard of anyone getting frozen! well thats good cuz to me they're like obsessed with freezing accounts. thats all they ever talk about!!! XD you know blah blah blah, we will freeze your account. and then its always written in red. i think its sopposed to intimidate people... i dont know. your right about them being weird though! :laughingsmiley:

Woah, you guys make Viacom sound good, I mean evil, but their was of business works! I still hate them though. And I came to Neopets to avoid Nickelodeon and their "Nicktropolis" Unfortunately, Neopets is turning into that o_O Ads and all :(

HA you are SO right! XD they are basically turning into nickelodeon!! XD next thing you know, youll be watching nickelodeon someday and BAM neopets comes on as a tv show! XD

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post; use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

HA you are SO right! XD they are basically turning into nickelodeon!! XD next thing you know, youll be watching nickelodeon someday and BAM neopets comes on as a tv show! XD

I would write about 500 angry letters to Nickelodeon if that happened.

I think there's just something a bit wrong about a site like Neopets being corporately run. It's really gone downhill since the switch. Especially with the NeoCash, which I refuse to touch. I'll take any free NC items, but I'm not buying it.

i could write a whole dissertation on the woes re: TNT. but for now i will limit myself to 2 questions about the posts above:

- what the heck is viacom and why is their owning neopets a sure sign that evil will befall neopia?

- isnt there some kind of law regarding privacy breach for ads with sound?? its just ridiculous! [removed] you spongebob!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Meowy Christmas) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please avoid swearing in any way.

i could write a whole dissertation on the woes re: TNT. but for now i will limit myself to 2 questions about the posts above:

- what the heck is viacom and why is their owning neopets a sure sign that evil will befall neopia?

- isnt there some kind of law regarding privacy breach for ads with sound?? its just ridiculous! [removed] you spongebob!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Meowy Christmas) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please avoid swearing in any way.

viacom is the parent company that took over neopets, if i am understanding correctly.

and no there is no law stating explicitly that advertisements cannot have sound. that would mean all tv commercials would have to go back to the "talkies" style of soundless commercials.

I do not care nor want to hear what you have to say if you support Viacom.

I do not like the new Neo. I would gladly have the old Neo back, glitches and all. Viacom did a good job with customization and Keyquest. They did a horribe job with almost every other aspect of Neo, especially customer satisfaction. I don't give a crap if they can't please EVERYONE. They have the power to please atleast half of us which they have yet to do. All they care about is money and making this site some sort of perfect little angel community where nothing worse than some underground generator blowing up happens and the real world dosen't exsist. Neo is a total, TOO kid freindly mess these days, and Nickelodeon is a gross, pathetic, and scary excuse for a childrens channel these days. Paramount studios isn't doing much better. Anyway I look at it Viacom is to blame for Neo and TNT is Viacom these days.

I don't care if you disagree. This is one thing in my life that I will NOT change my opinion about and I am dead serios about anything that has to do with it. I don't mean to be rude but I see no point in reading multiple opposing oppioms that I will disagree with and possibly get into an arguement about.

@Rohan, yep, that's very possible, but I do want a NeoShow or Movie, I just want my Wocky to be a TV star :D But that Dinner Dash Ad! Oh my goodness, that's the height of it, and the Chilli's one that used to be on, well that worked, I still want to go to a Chilli''s restaurant when I get the chance.

@Livvy, I bought NeoCash :( NeoCash Cards ,I mean I saw them, was so excited after my endless searching, had spare change and picked one up. I didn't want to be one who buys NeoCash but now, I can't help it.

@Squirell, you are so right ^_^

Personally I've never had any direct issues with the TNT but I can see a lot of the issues, and as a non paying customer I do feel sidelined by TNT as all of their attention is being put into the NC, which I refuse to do on a site which is created primarily for children and I enjoy as a free site.

The NC stuff really is getting to be ridicuoulus... though I can say I am riding their gravy train I am starting to dissapprove of the tactic of over populating NC items... I collect staffs and wands... it's hard enough buying the NP ones let alone being lucky enough to have gotten the NC ones too. NC is out of hand, they need to calm it down IMO.

I would love if they could do more free site stuff :)