Do you think codestones will rise in price again?

nubrme

Codestones seem to have dropped quite a bit since ive played. im not sure if i should keep hoarding codestones incase of a war, or sell my codestones.

main codestones used to be the most expensive codestones and now they are the lowest at 2,500 neopoints.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think their price will rise.

Not anytime soon, anyways.

My friends and I have gotten so many codestones from KQ.

I think their prices will keep deflating.

But probably not to 1np. Maybe in a few years, but not anytime soon.

They're too important to cost that much. xD

I don't have a direct quote, but this is all I could find. I totally recall something being said that Neopets wants to stay away from wars and things like that because it's an escape from 'reality' and such. Y'know? haha

Hi! I was just wondering about the altadorian plot. Usually a comic comes out, and I'm really looking foward to it, especially because it's taking place in Faerieland, which is my favorite. So, are they coming out soon? I'm sure they'll be fantastic. =) (like always!) ~ skittlezmaniac

We're glad you like the comics! But that probably means you'll be disappointed with our answer to your question. :)

The Altador plot is a "mini-plot" so there will be no comic to speak of. It's taking place entirely in Altador. (:O! Was that a hint for future clues?!) The portal in Faerieland is merely the current way to get to Altador. This plot is basically something we're doing to hopefully entertain everyone while we're planning our next big event. Oops... erm, there's no big event coming soon... like in June or something. Honest.

If there were, though, it wouldn't involve the Battledome. Seriously. There is no war planned for quite a while. *slays rumour and hopes weapon and codestone prices will drop a bit, finally*

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?...l&issue=239

Oh thank goodness, I forgot about that editorial. I think the main reason was the fact not a lot of people liked battling, or could even battle.

Any time neo gives away a bunch of any item, the value drops-anything I receive I always just put in my SDB and worry about it later. The more in a hurry you are to sell anything, the less it is worth regardless.

Codestones shouldn't take as long to recover as items that don't get "used" though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you want to sell, sell now. The prices will have increased due to the 10x game play- many neopet items are increasing. Look at the lab map prices now. T_T

"it doesn't look like its deflating... most codestones are ~5000 np each now.. Eo codestone reached 9500 per.. that is not cheap.. "

That's the plushie >.>

I also think that codestones will probably not go up in price again. Since they became key quest prizes they are really deflated...

And I am not sure, but I think TNT probably won't be having "war" plots anymore; some nonesense about them being too violent or whatever.

I don't think anyone was trying to say that codestones were cheap; we were just saying they were going to go back up to what they were back in the day.

well honestly i dont really care that much and even if they do there will still be some really nice and generous people i mean if they do i will have to shoot some one just because of the prices raising!! i hate it when they raise!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Meowy Christmas) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep all off-topic images/links in your forum signature which can be changed here.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 weeks later...

They have risen (albeit slowly) as several months ago they were about 4-5k on the whole, now they tend to be 5-7k, excepting Main Codestones which are between 2 and 3k.

They have risen (albeit slowly) as several months ago they were about 4-5k on the whole, now they tend to be 5-7k, excepting Main Codestones which are between 2 and 3k.

I think Main Codestones are so cheap because they're the most common. I don't do training, since I don't use the Battledome, so I used to sell my Codestones as soon as I received one. But I've started tossing them in my SDB, to either sell later, give to my husband that does training and Battledome, or to eventually make Red Codestones. I've been doing this for a few months now, and I now have 40 Codestones now. And 1/4 of those, are Main Codestones. The other 3/4 are made up of the other 9 types.

Yeah. Unless of course there was ANY kind of battling going on at all on Neo that wasn't boring user to user fighting or for an avvie, then they might rise substantially. Seeing as TNT went pacifist on us though... <_<

I don't think that codestones will rise in price because there isn't any plot that needs battling right now and Key Quest is bringing the price lower every other day.