Do you quit while playing Keyquest?

Jenny ^_^

I only intentionally quit under one of two conditions.

1. I am playing someone who intentionally skips their turn when a Giant Lint Ball/Dung is played on them or when they get the Pant Devil event when landing on their wrong alignment square when they're right in front of a key. Yeah, I'm sure we're all aware that that is cheating, and one of the Neopian Times Editorials proves it. I don't play with cheaters, and I don't approve of watching people "cheat" their way to riches. Sure, some people might be unaware that doing that is cheating and instead consider it strategy, because let's face it, not everyone reads the Editorial, but usually, the people that does this are fully aware and don't care. Why should they? TNT isn't punishing them for it. Besides, 9 times out of 10, if you continue playing people like this and you're winning, they end up quitting on you anyway. All I'm doing is speeding up the inevitable and avoiding wasting my time, and it gives them a taste of their own medicine.

2. I'm playing an overly aggressive player. Hm, actually, an article in the most recent NT sums this up pretty well:

. . .Although Key Quest is a competitive game and by all means you should do what it takes to win (while playing fairly of course; no cheating!), please try to not be as aggressive if you don’t need to be. If your opponent has 2 keys and no power-ups, and you have 5 keys and plenty of powerups and are close to the door, there’s no need to play anything on your opponent to further harm them. In that scenario, there is nothing they can do in one turn to win that 5-key game.

In another scenario, pretend you have all 5 keys and are in front of the door (all you need to do is roll a one to win) and your opponent also has all 5 keys. Your turn starts and gives you the option of rolling (and winning) or playing a power-up and then rolling. Don’t play a harmful power-up on your opponent ‘just because’. You don’t need to. And in yet a third scenario, imagine your opponent again has only 2 keys and you have a Super Key Grabber. You have 4 keys and need 1 of the keys they have. Use the Super Key Grabber, but take only one key.

I know a lot of you might say they're just ensuring a win, anything could happen, don't quit, etc., but I see that as rubbing it in my face that I lost, which I DO NOT need to feel. I rarely play overly aggressive players, though, so whatever.

Don't get me wrong, though. I might be a sore loser, but I'm not the type to quit when I'm playing an opponent that isn't overly aggressive and is right in front of the door. :)

One thing I do to try and stop the other person from quitting is to say 'don't give up' at the beginning of every game. Works majority of the time.

I say "Good sportsmanship is important" (although some of you might say that because of condition number 2, I am a hypocrite xD). Most people get what I'm trying to say, and I usually get an "I agree" or "Aye" or something. :P The result? Almost nobody quits on me.

It's kind of the reason I am afraid to play KQ anymore. My computer isn't the best, and it doesn't always want to stay connected or the game freezes up (even though my computer meets the requirements). Everytime I quit I get nasty neomails and then I have to take the time to explain that I have a crappy computer and I always get nasty replies to not play if my computer can't handle it. I simply avoid that game as if it were the plague these days, I really used to enjoy it too.

I pretty much feel the same way as Strawberri

I don't quit, but people quit on me sometimes. But I just figure they're having problems with the game. I know it freezes for me sometimes.

I don't quit intentionally, cause I know how annoying it can be when someone quits on you, and it's only at two-player game or something. I love KQ, but it does crash alot. Which I guess can be expected since it's a intensive-graphic multiplayer game over internet connections that don't always work. *shrugs*

I never quit playing KQ, not out of being nice to the other player, but due to the fact that doing so means you have wasted your own time just as much as theirs.

Usually it is not a dead cert who is going to win until the turn before the do anyway, as one lucky power up can tip the balance, so quitting to me really does not make any sense.

I don't quit while playing neopets, however other people do.

Here is what happened to me.

[removed]

was playing keyquest with her.

she said I was cheating.(played the card on her which does not let her pick up keys.

she said she only goes for gold and silver keys.

is begging for items.

actually now i dont. i felt REALLY stupid quiting because that means that the person that was winning doesnt get a reward! also the only reason i quit is when i A. picked the wrong key character or B. didnt like the place im playing at. for instince, i dont like playing on neopia central and thats why i quit once or twice because i forgot what it was! :rolleyes_anim: and i really dont like playing with my starter key, i accidently picked that a couple of times and thats pretty much the only reason i quit now. also i really hate it when some one has the same key as you! im so OCD that i cant have that! i really just cant stand having the same person have the same key with me. But of course i used to quit just because i got really mad which was stupid because even if i lost, i could've still got codestones to sell! also i really hate it when people quit while im playing key quest because like i said before no one gets a prize! Also i really think that TNT should make a 2000 NP fine or more if some one quit the game! or they should just take a semi-rare item away from them! it'll server those people right from quiting on key quest! Although its kinda dumb that people quit :angry: even sometimes when some one quits on me on key quest i usually just look them up on the search thing and i neomail them asking why they quit key quest. but like always they never answer.... :worried:

That's WAY too harsh. o.O Just because a game "ends abnormally" doesn't mean they quit. People glitch out or have emergencies to attend to while they're playing KQ ALL THE TIME, and it would be cruel to take NP or items away from them JUST because of that.

Either they either suss/ice repeat offenders or impose timeouts for quitting. Those are the fairest ways to handle it that I can think of.

this is the way TNT says we should deal with quitters:

Hi TNT, I love to play Key Quest, but unfortunately I run into a lot of players who quit when you're about to win. I generally ignore it, but several people have mentioned Neomailing the person or sending them a Pile of Dung. Is this allowed? ~aquamarine8402

Although quitters can be frustrating, sending them a Pile of Dung, posting their name on a board, or sending them a mean Neomail is considered harassment (and therefore a warnable offence). If you would like to report a user, please fill out the form located here and we will be happy to look into it for you without the use of a Dung Catapult. ;

I only play with two people, and usually when I play with random people (I'm put off from them now) they're usually cheating or when I'm about to win they quit (although I've only encountered two or three of this type) OR they just randomly quit in the middle of the game.

One in every ten games I play with random people has a person who sticks out through the end, lose or win. Usually win, however cause they're really good. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest liisikenekese

I never quit on purpose but sometimes my internet connection is so bad that I lose my internet altogether. So i'm sorry if anyone thinks that I quit for no reason. I usually play keyquest very often.

Well honestly, NOT useing power ups when you're already winning CAN bite you in the arse. All it takes is a few bad turns, for them to get a keygrabber..ect

But yeah, I've gotten to teh point, I grab my mother whenever I can and we bust through 20 games rapid fire like. No Disconnects, no negative powerups (slows things down), much less annoying.

What I hate is when someone quits right when you are about to win. That just aggravates me. UGHHHH! What a waste of time and effort! And it isnt like they were losing anything, they would still get a silver key!!! Those pesky quitters...

I've had less of an issue with quitters recently, although when I first started playing it was hellish. I try and ensure that even if I am losing hands down I'll stay in the game as I know how annoying it is when people quit on me. I still get a prize out it and thats what maters.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't played keyquest with random people in awhile, I stopped doing that because there's so many people that play nasty on there. I've just been playing with neofriends. I played randomly today, and this person used a lot of powerups on me which is alright, it's a game. Then, right as they were about to win they used a rainbow fountain powerup on me when I wasn't even close to winning. So I quit. I can't stand it when people are in the lead and they are still using negative powerups on people. That just seems like a sore winner to me!!

So my question is, do you quit any time on keyquest? If so, what does it take for you to give up your keys and nps? (Btw, today is a double key promotion so I gave up 2 silver keys -_-)

I've never quit on anyone :D (wanna play?!)

I figure - a key is a key - be it silver or gold!!

The most frustrating thing for me are the minigames (I try to avoid them - anyone else do the same?). It seems my computer isn't fast enough. :*

Well honestly, NOT useing power ups when you're already winning CAN bite you in the arse. All it takes is a few bad turns, for them to get a keygrabber..ect

But yeah, I've gotten to teh point, I grab my mother whenever I can and we bust through 20 games rapid fire like. No Disconnects, no negative powerups (slows things down), much less annoying.

Nice :yes:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

What I hate is when someone quits right when you are about to win. That just aggravates me. UGHHHH! What a waste of time and effort! And it isnt like they were losing anything, they would still get a silver key!!! Those pesky quitters...

Agreed! lol

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long. Quotes do not contribute to the post count.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I used to quit all the time, honestly. Whenever I was losing (almost always), I just quit and went on my way. Now, I finally realize how frustrating that is to the other player. I don't play Key Quest anymore, but I want to get into it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd Never quit. :sad01_anim: I'd die first. :yes: well, maybe not, but I still think it's rude to quit during the middle of Keyquest. It's like saying'I don't want to play with you 'cause you're winning. Come back when you want to lose', which I would never say. It's just a game, for Neopian's sake.