The Daily Neopets Community Forums Missing Persons Task Force (TDNCFMPTF)

antiaircraft

"No thanks," Ariel says, still thinking nervously about the kidnapper from the sea. Could he have been working for the real world? But she couldn't think about that now. They were on a mission. But something started glowing from her pocket, which meant trouble, she knew it. "I think that something bad is going to happen..." she said, taking out her pendant, the source of the glowing. "It senses danger from about a mile away, and it glows when the danger is coming." Ariel then pockets the pendant, adding, "This is what I predict my kidnapper was after before... so I could never know when trouble was heading my way. If he comes, I'll alert you when I see him, as I will never forget his face... so dark... so cold..." Ariel continued muttering when she realised that once again, she was left behind, and immediately ran to catch up.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"CC, get out of Winnie! We're heading towards the vault."

Stephanie saw a glow appear from the corner of her eye. She then realised that it was UHN (?! Can I still call you that? :P)

"Oh my, UHN, you're back! The glow your pendant must be triggering the 'thing' that's behind that vault. But you have to be careful where you point that thing, it could mean more danger to us if we're not careful."

She followed everyone into the bank and held her thwacker tight, in disguise of course.

Tara put the meepit aside for now, she didn't want to scare Morgan and obviously they were much to busy with their mission right now. As the followed Laura into the vault Tara notice a few peculiar things: the bank manager, for example, was BLUE, and all the bank's papers were on giraffe print paper. As they made their way back to the vault a man rode buy on horse back whistling and clucking like a chicken. She wasn't quite sure what these thing meant or how they might relate to their journey, but she recorded them in the log book all the same.

At that moment, a neat round hole appeared in mid-air - through it could be seen a glimpse of the real world - and a Faerie Xweetok sporting a green backpack stepped into the world of insanity, brimming with new surprises, yet utterly familiar. As the rift closed behind him, this peculiar individual, TDN member AA3, back from the realm of reality at long last, stared around him with the not-quite-innocent look of a member of the DOOM corporation's combat division, wondering how much he had missed.

Noticing a considerable commotion nearby consisting primarily (to him at least) of a vault, a car, several TDNers old and new, a meepit, and some cookie crumbs, he walked over; he had already been informed about what was going on.

Stephanie heard an unusual buzz then turned. The word 'reality' was in mind when she saw a portal close and a being appeared- a faerie Xweetok with a vibe of 'DOOM' origin.

She gestured to them both. "Hey, I think this guy's with us. Hello!"

((Edited after edit from the edit to clarify the edit below :O))

((Oops... only one person stepped through that portal. This has been clarified with an edit.))

((Edited edit: Thank you for the edit of the edit above which occurred in light of the edit above that edit.))

"Hi," said AA3. "Do you need help with that vault?" Before anyone could stop him, he walked quickly over to its door and ripped it open with a prolonged, earsplitting screech.

Noticing the shocked looks he was getting from passersby, he proceeded to wrench the entire vault door off and toss it over his shoulder; it landed somewhere a few hundred metres away with a clang and a hideous scream, passing through the bank's roof in the process. This rendered his attempted nonchalant whistling completely ineffective.

((You can call me that, Stephanie, as I assume it is a force of habit.))

Ariel turned around at the sound of Stephanie's voice, then ran to hug her. "Oh, Stephanie!" she exclaimed, then she let go of Stephanie, fearing that she was suffocating her in her excitement. "Are you sure that that was what my pendant was triggering? And I'll be careful with it, I promise Stephanie," she added, putting the pendant on and hiding it under her t-shirt, which is for some reason green. "Hang on... wasn't my t-shirt red and blue before, to support Meridell? Oh well... green works all the same, as my favourite mermaid princess is Rina, the green one. But my pendant is red... to match my t-shirt." Ariel was confused... she could have sworn that she put on a red and blue t-shirt just this morning, so how could it suddenly turn green? And still nobody has explained what the mission is about to her... but she tried not to show it, and prepared to do anything that she was told, as she was a very obedient girl.

AA zoned back into consciousness painfully. It was a gradual process, but eventually his tangled lines of thought collated together into some semblance of a memory. He recalled brief glimpses of an odd vehicle of some sort, a frantic drive, stopping suddenly... and a dimensional rip?

I must have lost my morphic integrity at the exact moment we passed through the rip - dimension crossing with no morphic field, ugh, I can't even imagine how badly that scrambled my brains. Blast this random invisibility!

So he was stuck in real life, with the only accessible route back to TDN being a dimensional tear that had been sewn up from the other side, probably by one of the team members. Well, at least the situation couldn't get a lot worse.

Or so he thought, until he noticed the shadow node.

He didn't exactly see it - perception of a shadow node was a bit more complicated than that. But he could feel its malevolence very clearly. And its malevolence happened to be focused on him.

"Oh, crap." he said brightly.

The shadow node shuddered imperceptibly, and suddenly it was no longer a complicated thing to perceive. The shape-shifting entity took on a form that was all too familiar. AA found himself staring at a picture-perfect copy of himself, except with skin that was a sickly green instead of its usual invisible hue. He felt a sudden, inexplicable urge to throw up.

Out of the blue (or technically speaking, the green), a dark, malignant voice manifested itself in his head. Greetings, insignificant mortal personification. I am shadow node nine, an agent of the great master of reality, and this is how you will look when I am done with you.

The node moved menacingly closer to AA.

I am known by many names and methods, but you may address me as Illness.

((Credit for the idea of having each different shadow node represent different reasons for being drawn into real life (e.g. illness, school) goes to Anime. :yes:

Also, I claimed the first bad guy character in the RP. Woohoo! :devil: ))

((Great... maybe someone could mention what was inside the vault?))

After a few moments, AA3 decided to ask what was inside the vault. He changed his mind at the last moment, though, and said, "Does anyone have cookies?"

Incidentally, he was, and still is, chronically allergic to cookies, but this had never stopped him.

Ariel suddenly turns round, not feeling an invisible presence that she was feeling before. "Hang on... where's AA?" she asked everyone. She was even more worried than before, mixed with confusion. "He must have been taken to... to real life... but how do we find him?" Then her pendant glows from inside the t-shirt, but in a different colour, pink. Weird... Tara thought to herself. It only glows pink when a mermaid princess is in danger... or when my kidnapper is coming closer to me... She turned around and saw a man with white hair and a cold look on his face... that same cold look...

"GAITO!" Ariel suddenly yelled, finding a lot of courage suddenly flowing through her body. She didn't care if she scared everyone... because Gaito must have followed her into InsanityLand. But how did he find a way to track her? Then she found strength to attack, and she started singing a song in Japanese, making Gaito cringe. "Right then..." Tara said, turning to the others. "I'll finish him off, as he was the one who trapped me for two months under the water." Then she turned back to Gaito, saying, "Pichi Pichi Voice Live Start!" Now she was singing as a form of attack, she could easily defeat Gaito, as listening to singing is his weakness unless it's sung by a person against the mermaids. She finally managed to get him to disappear back into his own dimension. "There, that's dealt with him. And sorry, I don't have any cookies."

((AA3: its supposed to be the old characters from metroid`s comics XD))

Anna stared at Ariel and shrugged, she didnt even know AA was there,

she thought what the heck is happening here....and who`s that guy attacking her?!

Anna just stared at Ariel, who was singing until she stopped and looked at AA3.

"Its you! Where have you been, and yes i have cookies but im giving them to my dog when i come back." She said to AA3

AA... is in real life? thought AA3. AA never ventured out of Insanity Land if he could avoid it. Something must have opened a window from TDN into the real world. The things that could do that, to his knowledge, were:

1)A shadow node

2)A sane thought on the part of the person.

3)A highly advanced, highly impractical wormhole-generating device that would have destroyed anything within a few light years and which no citizen of Insanity Land would ever bother building.

The 3rd and 2nd could be immediately eliminated; the remaining would mean that his brother was in serious danger, in real life, where shadow nodes are at their most powerful. This was a problem; while AA3's favourite weapon, his bus-sized handheld cannon, could completely and utterly annihilate anything he pointed it at in Insanity Land, in real life no such device existed; thus, it would have no effect. His strength in real life would also be greatly weakened, though the separate microuniverse which his backpack constituted, and which contained his galaxy-sized munitions and assorted weapons arsenal, was perfectly plausible and would still work.

That settled it. With a thought, he vanished from Insanity Land; there was an inrush of air, and then nothing.

AA3 was not, technically, abandoning the mission. AA was a Fantastic Member, and now he was in the real world; AA3's aim was now to track him down. Though he had reached the wrong conclusion, it could yet turn out that he had made the right decision.

It was only a pity, then, that he had forgotten to bring cookies.

AA stood frozen for several seconds as the last strands of his mind reformed themselves appropriately, then instinctively reached for the 2 GPa High-Compression sonic blaster that he always carried in an inconspicuous hip-bag.

Hmph. Are you looking to fight me, mortal? Your devices, which are undoubtedly dependent on the insanity, or should I say, disorder on which you thrive, pose no threat in the true realm. You might as well just submit yourself to-

The shadow node was cut off abruptly as AA drew his blaster, aimed it, flicked the safety to 'FIRE', and pulled the trigger in one smooth motion. The sickly representation was sent spinning off into the distance by a concentrated, massively powerful, concave wave of sonic pressure.

Then AA ran, shouting the obligatory cocky catchphrase over his shoulder as he did so. "All weather, all dimensions. That's how I build my babies!"

He kept running for several minutes, then slowed to a jog as he spotted a bright neon sign that promised an "Inter et C fé". Thirty seconds later, he was logged on to the forums and pounding out a PM to the other members of the team.

Hey guys, I kinda got stuck in real life back during the incident with the dimensional rip. Well, don't mind that too much, I'll get straight to the point. This isn't a total loss - we needed a guy on the outside anyway, and I guess that's going to be me. Just drop me a message if you need me to do anything.

Anna stared at AA3 as she said "Hey! what are you doing--"

She stopped because of his sudden disappearance.

Anna got the PM from AA and read it silently

She covered her mouth from screaming or cursing and sent a pm saying

"How did you even get there anyways?

AA3 or your brother disappeared by the way.

I have no idea where he went."

AA received Anna's PM and replied immediately.

Oh, I definitely know where he went. I guess we'll have two guys working on the outside shortly. You'd better inform the others.

Ariel read the PM over Anna's shoulder, and her worry eased almost completely, as part of it was fighting Gaito, and another part was about AA, but there was still a secret she was worried about. But just as she was about to reply, she suddenly cringed for reasons unknown to anyone but her. You won't get away with this, you know! she thought, but not to herself, to another force sharing the body. Yes I will, young Sara..., the force responded, and started singing a song in Ariel's head to weaken her. Stop... please stop! I... I can't be Sara... she thought, mixing anger and weakness. Suddenly, in plain view of everyone, her hair starts turning black and grows to waist height, and her knees fall onto the floor, unable to hold Ariel's weight any longer, and Ariel faints as the song in her head finishes.

((I can't take songs sung by bad guys now, thanks to being a mermaid in the other dimension, but I'm trying to keep it a secret from everyone. But I won't be able to hold it in much longer...))

((Just to clarify: I'm not saying that AA3 is completely correct.))

AA3 materialised several hundred metres above the ground. It was lucky, therefore, that he possessed wings - after a few seconds of shock, he opened them and fluttered - or rather, because of the wind, tumbled - down to a height from which he could see where he was. He dropped, landed expertly, and glanced around him. A severely nauseating aroma hung in the air, and a malignant presence lingered with it, but its source was gone some distance, as far as AA3 could judge. Now, his priority was the faint wisps of thought that breezed through his mind. If there were shadow nodes abroad, then AA would probably need every bit of help he could get.

He mentally prepped himself; should he stumble upon residents of this world, it was imperative that his little persuasion mechanism was active. It was completely illogical that a squirrel with fairy wings and a backpack should exist anywhere; turning that shock into mental rejection of his existence should be easy.

Now, he set off.

AA trudged warily out of the Internet Café, and scanned the skies for AA3. Being brothers, they had some experience with finding each other under odd circumstances, and AA soon spotted AA3's faint outline on the horizon, heading towards him.

"Well, that clears things up a bit." he remarked, speeding up to a jog.

CC turned around after reading AA's PM, "Isnt there something that we can do to bring them back?" she asked worried sick, "AA3 even forgot about the cookies in Winnie. Where are Laura, Morgan and Anime even?" She ran alongside Anna to see what they can do now.

FTX felt an amazing surge of guilt, her lack of faith in Laura's driving abilities had cast AA and his brother into the dreaded realm of "the real." Helpless, she sent the brothers this pm:

My most profound apologies for my part in your misfortune. If I find another tear I will send you supplies (aka. Cookies). Good luck and may insanity be with you always.

Distraught she turned back to the group, "This is more serious than ever, we need to unify our efforts and solidify our plan. Focus and determination are the buzz words troops, and the first thing we have to do is explore that vault! I say the Chao takes the point position, it's seem a formidable opponent. I'll bring up the rear, if anyone else was stripped from our group, I don't think I could bare the guilt. And I think Everyone else should create a perimeter around Laura since she has the contact and the info."

CC aproched FTX, "It isnt your problem you know" She went to sent a pm pfor AA and AA3.

What's up guys, how are you doing in the real world? I had and idea for saving you by the way, maybe, just maybe if you act iNsAnE enough than you are gonna appear in InsanityLand automatically. It is just an idea but try it anyway

Laura finally climbed out from a pile of what appeared to be posts. "ONE NIGHT! One whole night, and you all give me this? Pfft, I'm out of here," Laura said as she walked away.

Mia ran up to her. "LAURA! JUST WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING?"

"THE REAL WORLD! REALITY! I can't do this any more!" Laura said as she threw her hands in the air. "AA and AA3 are in the real world too, so why shouldn't I join? I'm just.... sick of all this. I need to go sleep some more."

Mia couldn't believe what her counterpart was saying to her. Laura never ever wanted to be in the real world. She never acted like this. This just wasn't Laura.

Wait... that's it! Mia thought. But wait, then if this ISN'T Laura then... Oh. "No..." Mia breathed.

"Yes," an evil voice said. It came from Laura's mouth, but it was not Laura. "Yes Mia, it is." An evil grin spread wide across Laura's face. "I'm not Laura. Laura is ALREADY in the real world. She's there because of me..."

Mia couldn't believe it. A shadow node! And she could see it! Granted, it WAS in Laura's body, or something like that...

"So then, which one are you?" Mia asked hesitantly.

"Me? Why I am shadow node seven. My name is Tom."

"TOM? What kind of evil, shadow node-y name is TOM!?!" Mia screeched. "Do you honestly expect me to take you seriously when you are some evil thing and your name is TOM!?"

"Fool!" shouted Tom, "You don't even realize my name is an acronym!"

"T-o-m..oh. Never mind."

Ariel wakes up, but is also acting weird. She walks up to Mia and is about to attack her when she lurches backwards. Get out of my body! she thought to herself, fighting. But then it clicked. She needed to sing to get this evil out and vanishing. But not the same song as was needed for Gaito, as this was even stronger. Once again, she starts singing, but not in Japanese. She starts singing a song from her favourite band, B*Witched. Once she managed to finish the song, she wasn't fighting anymore, the evil has left her. Ariel wondered what to do next when she saw Mia and Laura arguing, and didn't understand what was going on. "You two, cool it! Aren't we on a mission?" she said, not realising what she thought was Laura really was.