Comfort food?

Lia Seeya

I'm sure we've all had our bad days or times when you just need a big warm hug but can't find anyone to give you one. But there in the kitchen is something that feels like a warm hug, something comforting that brings back great memories or just makes you feel better.

It can be something small like a chocolate bar (eating chocolate makes your brain produce the same chemical it does when you're in love <3) or something like your grandma's cheesy Mac and Cheese that reminds you of good times.

So, TDN members, what are your comfort foods?

Mine:

- Chocolate

- Milk Tea

- Something cheesy

:D

- Lays Chips (Can't have just one ;D )

-Anything covered in cheese (Nachos, fries, sandwich..)

-Gummy Worms

Those are the main ones ;P

COOKIES!!!! But only homemade (or bakery) cookies. None of that mass-produced garbage, like Oreos or Chips Ahoy!

And ice cream! And pulla bread! And toast with lots of melty butter!

I'm sure there are others, but they aren't coming to me right now.

@Xepha: Woo, pasta! 8D I love experimenting with pastas.

@Coco: We should schedule some kind of extreme day out. XD Either that or chill out over there and watch nothing but SNL and eat junk food. :D

Why is junk food such a great comfort food? :<

I love:-

Chocolate Chip Cookies (bakery or home-made)

ANY ice cream except coffee

Pasta

Anything Cheesy

Lays Chips (Cheese or Vinger and Salt)

Cadbury Chocolate

Stuff with cheese, stuff with chocolate (and probably those two can go together), almost anything sugary, pasta and breads, ice cream for sure, and surprisingly, fruit. Until about this year, anything made by my grandmothers was also comfort food. Now, not so much. *shrug*

I loveee Cheezits with milk.. Kinda mix em up, it's so yummy! XP

I think it is very safe to say that cheese is the best comfort food, unless you can't have it. :(

Well I'm not so much of a "comfort food" kind of person,

depression/boredom doesn't really make me want to eat.

But I guess the foods that make me fell are warm and toasty inside are:

-Cupcakes

-Bread

-Pasta/Rice

Foods that are creamy = love. Foods that are warm = love. Foods that are toped by sauce, icing, cheese, etc = love.

Oo! It DOES seem like everyone likes to eat something cheesy as a comfort food. Gotta feel sorry for those who are lactose-intolerant.

LOL Tivsy, I am lactose-intolerant... however i forgo the pain because I just LOVE my cheeses!

I do believe I spent an entire week in the Northern Territory chewing down meds to stop my pain so I could eat more cheese... it's horrible :(

mmmmmmmmmmm cheese fondue!

My favourite dish of all has to be the deep fried camembert - however I tend to go out to have this because there is one place in Glebe in the City which is a tapas place that does a divine deep friend camembert *drools*

Mac & cheese is one of my fav's too :)

And the stuffed crust pizza (I usually just eat the crust and make the girlfriend eat the pizza bit, lol)

Oh so many dishes with cheese that makes me happy!

Or even a cheese & tomato toastie :D

hehehehehe I tend to think of it as a mouthgasm when I have deep fried camembert, nothing else compares to the outside cold crunchy and the inside warm runny :)

Oh I'm making myself soooooooooo hungry right now :)