Gone Old Members

Strategos

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on my todo list, so I won't forget and a staff discussion will occur about it.

I know you have a lot going on V, so if you want or need any help with graphics I would be more than happy to assist.

My skills are pathetically limited compared to yours, still if we members want to demand more activity we have to

be prepared to be more active, so just let me know if there is anything I can do...

Side Note: I am NOT going to name any names because I don't want to hut feelings or take sides...but COME ON.

I see that this topic has caused some people to hit upon some difference as to how they think things should be done around here,

& that's fine. As long as we follow the rules and are mature about it debate is a fine thing to have on our happy forum...

However, I have noticed the debate about how we should greet the new users has started spilling over into the posts ON the new

users section. And I think we can all agree that the last thing that is going to get us new members is for them to sign on here

& the first thing they see is us bickering about the proper way to say hello. How about we all just make sure that point number one on

the new user welcome board is greeting the new users, in whatever way each individual sees fit, & not start arguing about our personal opinions...

It's bad press, & it's OFF TOPIC. Let's keep disagreements about those kind of things on PM's & Topics like this, & not air dirty laundry in front of the Noobs.

It's nice to see some actual content posted on these forums once in a while. Good job, guys! :) I agree with most of what has been said here, but I would like to add something. Some people have been looking for ways to draw in new members to the forum. While that's just fine and dandy, I think that a better approach here would be to add more content to the main site. Maybe a plot, a new department, or another super content update week, whatever gets the job done. Members can contribute too, though! Why not clicking that handy dandy "Contact Us" link on the bottom of every page? Tell the staff what content you would like to see and what you think thay need to fix around the site. Better yet - submit your own content!

I love AA's point on member-run activities. I even have a few ideas myself, but the more the better! Maybe the only way to get new members is to show how active the members here are and what a tight-knit community we've formed. Ideas are potentially endless, and sure are a lot of fun, not only to participate in, but to organize. On a side note, I 'd like to see that member rating activity done again. It was fun last time we did it. Maybe this time, however, we throw in a few twists and nominate members for certain categories such as: "Friendliest", "Best Advice Giver", "Graphics King/Queen", etc. I would also be willing to help out organizing such an event.

Oops, maybe I got a little carried away... I guess thats just the mod/FM in me speaking again. :P

It's nice to see some actual content posted on these forums once in a while. Good job, guys! :) I agree with most of what has been said here, but I would like to add something. Some people have been looking for ways to draw in new members to the forum. While that's just fine and dandy, I think that a better approach here would be to add more content to the main site. Maybe a plot, a new department, or another super content update week, whatever gets the job done. Members can contribute too, though! Why not clicking that handy dandy "Contact Us" link on the bottom of every page? Tell the staff what content you would like to see and what you think thay need to fix around the site. Better yet - submit your own content!

I love AA's point on member-run activities. I even have a few ideas myself, but the more the better! Maybe the only way to get new members is to show how active the members here are and what a tight-knit community we've formed. Ideas are potentially endless, and sure are a lot of fun, not only to participate in, but to organize. On a side note, I 'd like to see that member rating activity done again. It was fun last time we did it. Maybe this time, however, we throw in a few twists and nominate members for certain categories such as: "Friendliest", "Best Advice Giver", "Graphics King/Queen", etc. I would also be willing to help out organizing such an event.

Oops, maybe I got a little carried away... I guess thats just the mod/FM in me speaking again. :P

Oh noes, Zac wants to give me work :O

Kidding, Kidding...

Games tips and content suggestions are always appreciated and looked at. It what makes the site so great :) We might organize another super content update week during holidays when most people are around and not busy with exams and such.

About the rating activity, I wanted to do some categories yes. I need to clear what is on my todo list first, and that's going to be my next project.

PS: I changed the buttons on tdn front page, and added a new one advertising the forums. They are blending less with the whole layout, so hopefully it can drag's people attention.

PS: I changed the buttons on tdn front page, and added a new one advertising the forums. They are blending less with the whole layout, so hopefully it can drag's people attention.

I was just on here looking for a topic about the new buttons.

I love them Xepha! There simple, understated, but still fun & to the point!

The banner on the Dailies page is awesome too, very eye catching...

Great Job As Always. Those are the kind of quick fixes I think can make a huge difference!

The buttons are eye-catching. Which reminds me, (OFF-TOPIC ALERT) you know the picture of Jerry on the top? I know it's supposed to be reminiscent of Neo's (and now TDN's) new customization things, but I think I'd like for him to get out of that kauavara outfit. The plain red thing is more iconic, don't you think?

Maybe I'm just pushing it...

• 1 year later...

how to get doubloons from doubloon diaster? also i would like help with my egg its here incubator_adamkad.png

and also whats is meanig of kil egg? and how to hath it?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post, and stay on topic.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post on topcis that have been inactive for moe than three weeks.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.