Official Puzzle Challenge Topic!

Superfly

Almost thought I had it!

But I have leftover letters...

::sighs:: Back to the drawing board... :S

That happened to me too.. You'll be laughing if you saw the kind of questions I formulated. :D

this is impossible it is too vague with no real direction to even a topic for the question. the question could be a thousand different ones; who know what it really is. I give up I have been rolling a ton of different words trying to find a question which is only half the battle then you have to solve the question. It will be my luck that if I ever did figure out the question I would not know the answer to it. LOL

Don't worry, finding the question is the toughest part. The answer is very easy. :D

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o_O ... I'm not a computer, you know. I'm human (and not some kind of genius savant). How do you expect me to solve this puzzle?

Great, this is gonna take some work...maybe I'll write a little application so I can play with the letters. Like Text Twist. Hmmm...if I have the motivation.

...well, I'm glad this is only the fourth puzzle - at least we have about a month to work on it!

That happened to me too.. You'll be laughing if you saw the kind of questions I formulated. :D

Yes, you came up with some totally awesome ones lol "who is the mmoonstur faerie that seduce minors ?" and "who is the faerie that rescued immnorsstu moon?" were two of his tries!

:laughingsmiley:

The answer is a Neopets word, it does have another meaning but its not a common use word in normal English. I don't expect many of you will know it aside from in the Neopets sense.

The question however does not have any Neopets-specific words in it.

Great, this is gonna take some work...maybe I'll write a little application so I can play with the letters. Like Text Twist. Hmmm...if I have the motivation.

...well, I'm glad this is only the fourth puzzle - at least we have about a month to work on it!

That's a good way to look at it!:D Good Luck! :D

Yes, you came up with some totally awesome ones lol "who is the mmoonstur faerie that seduce minors ?" and "who is the faerie that rescued immnorsstu moon?" were two of his tries!

:laughingsmiley:

Haha.. I remember those!XD

That's a good way to look at it!:D Good Luck! :D

Haha.. I remember those!XD

Ooookkayyy I just need to know one thing you were only given the same information that is given to us? Cause I just dont understand how you solved it with just the information that was given to us. It truely is very vague with no where to start

How many people have actually gotten it right besides staff? I have read everthing I can about the faeries and eliv thade and the game and everything and nothing even begins to make sense about the question.

I guess this puzzle I wont be getting done cause it just aint happening.

Ooookkayyy I just need to know one thing you were only given the same information that is given to us? Cause I just dont understand how you solved it with just the information that was given to us. It truely is very vague with no where to start

How many people have actually gotten it right besides staff? I have read everthing I can about the faeries and eliv thade and the game and everything and nothing even begins to make sense about the question.

I agree with you there is no hope at all. There is a million possible words for the question. Its not like I am not willing to work at it that is not it at all I have been sitting at the computer all day long since 8am this morning and it is now 1am nonstop trying to figure this thing out. It would be nice to know how many letter in each word so we can atleast do a process of elimination. Anyways I guess there is always tomorrow.

Has anyone else got the correct answer????

Just keep working at it...giving up certainly isn't going to help any XD It's not really vague...if you ask me it's about as vague as the other days.

Ok, thanks for the encouragement. I guess I'm just extremely pull-my-hair-out kind of frustrated right now. :grrr: Lol.

When is the next puzzle added? Because right now, it's about 12:15 AM my time. What time zone do they update them in?

I agree with you there is no hope at all. There is a million possible words for the question. Its not like I am not willing to work at it that is not it at all I have been sitting at the computer all day long since 8am this morning and it is now 1am nonstop trying to figure this thing out. It would be nice to know how many letter in each word so we can atleast do a process of elimination. Anyways I guess there is always tomorrow.

Has anyone else got the correct answer????

At least two Staff that I know of have solved it. I did give HBK more help than I'm giving the rest of you, but he's Staff so he can't win anyway! BlackJaguar solved it with only the hints I have already posted in this topic.

And honestly... did you expect it to be easy? We don't want everyone to be able to answer every puzzle. If that was the case, aside from it being not much of a Challenge, then the prizes would be based entirely on the time it took for people to solve the puzzles - and that means it would be weighted heavily towards those that could be online when the puzzles are first released at midnight. Thats hardly fair is it?

As Ashley has already said: don't give up! You're certainly never going to solve it if you do. There are still 26 days left in the Challenge, there's plenty of time ;)

Yes. I did solve it with only those hints. Don't give up. there is still plenty of time for you to solve it. :D

When is the next puzzle added? Because right now, it's about 12:15 AM my time. What time zone do they update them in?

12am NST.

Ok, well I'm going to go to bed now. -is sleepy- I guess I'll work on puzzle 5 tomorrow. Is it going to be one of those really insane hard ones, or is it one of the easier ones?

It depends on you. For me, Puzzle 5 is one of the easy ones.

GOOD LUCK to everyone!:D

Don't give up. Try looking at things in different perspective every time. You can do it! :D

Good Luck everyone! :D

I've gotten 2 wrong answers so far, and I'm not sure if I have the right answer now. But I'm afraid to enter it, because if it's wrong, this puzzle will be locked. What should I do?

I think you should wait on that last guess, Chessa. See if some hints drop by around here during the day, though I kind of doubt it for this kind of puzzle.

Yeah I guess I'll do that. And I'll have to go to sleep soon. Maybe some rest will refresh my brain, and I can come up with a different answer. I don't think my other one is right, now either.

I found a pattern that works but the answer I got is wrong =/
Yeah, that is the same thing that's happening with me. It's happened twice now. D:

I have already contacted Izzy about it.

I think you should wait on that last guess, Chessa. See if some hints drop by around here during the day, though I kind of doubt it for this kind of puzzle.

Yes, I agree too.. I think you should wait for a while..

There is a very simple pattern that gives you the answer that is correct. However, there also seems to be another (much more complicated) pattern that gives you half the correct answer...

We have identified another pattern xD The answers you're all getting are just multiples of the actual answer - in the two identified patterns its the actual answer halved and doubled. The answer you're aiming for should be between 40 and 80. Good luck!