Official Puzzle Challenge Topic!

Superfly

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, I FINALLY got number 2! I actually had it for a full five minutes before I realized that I had it. XD

Some consolation for those who are struggling: when you find the answer, you will know it's the answer. :evo:

This is VERY true! I had several answers before I found the real one, and believe me, you WILL know when you have the real one. Also, I think moving on to number 3 helped me a lot in solving number 2. So, I know you guys are probably sick of hearing this, but if you can't get the answer to one of the puzzles, just move on and come back to it in a couple of days. Don't give up!! :wink:

This is VERY true! I had several answers before I found the real one, and believe me, you WILL know when you have the real one. Also, I think moving on to number 3 helped me a lot in solving number 2. So, I know you guys are probably sick of hearing this, but if you can't get the answer to one of the puzzles, just move on and come back to it in a couple of days. Don't give up!! :wink:

Congrats! :D You did well... It's fun when you finally realize the true answer. :D Anyways, I have to go, Good luck to everyone. TJ is awake now so I can finally go to bed.. *yawns*

My perspective on no. 2....

The colored numbers represent neopet species and their rank...

Am I hot or cold here? :eh: :eh: :eh:

...or perhaps... petpets? I am really confused because there is no pattern to those numbers OR the colors...

For the record I do all kinds of puzzles and order those PennyPress puzzle books... I can do them all except those crossword puzzles that you have to figure out where the black square go... Those are HARD.

I am good at puzzles this one stumped me tho... come one someone gimme a hint!

I guess the most general suggestion I can give is, when you can't figure out what you need to do, look at what you have. Basically, to solve a puzzle, you're trying to think in the same way as the person who made it, right? Figure out why it is the way it is.

...I hope that's considered general enough to not be a "hint".

I guess the most general suggestion I can give is, when you can't figure out what you need to do, look at what you have. Basically, to solve a puzzle, you're trying to think in the same way as the person who made it, right? Figure out why it is the way it is.

...I hope that's considered general enough to not be a "hint".

Ok, that's SO not helpful. The first puzzle was easy, but these two... someone needs to give just one hint.

The second one's killing all of us, to be honest.

So true. I think there should be SOME sort of hint since no one can get it. And I think the 3rd one is only killing me. :eh:

And why is there no 'J' in the third one? Does that actually have something to do w/ the puzzle, or would it just not fit in the square?

Siigh. The third one was really easy, but this second one.. I am completely lost. I thought I had it, but nope. I guess like others said, I should not use the hint to find the answer, just to put it in right apparently. Completely lost, and somehow I have one chance left instead of two. I think it is because I went back to look at what I had put in and ended up clicking on the "Sorry you have the wrong answer" again ;x

And why is there no 'J' in the third one? Does that actually have something to do w/ the puzzle, or would it just not fit in the square?

You don't need a J to solve the puzzle, trust me. :P

I want unlimited tries D: after you have used up your three tries you should be able to submit however many answers you want to get it right, but it just will not count.

That would confuse people because some may think that if they get the answer correct after using up their 3 tries, then it would still count towards their score.

:* Ya know I can't shake the feeling that there are a few "silent" readers just sitting at their computer with an evil grin/laugh because us slow folks can't figure the second puzzle out. Owell, I screwed up the first one just guessing then it got frozen which made me want to do the other ones right... I got number three which was as easy as blinking and now number two is just a headache. It wouldn't be aweful if one of you smart peoples gave me a clue about what the colored numbers pertain to. :)

^^^ That hint, will never come!!! I figured out 1 and 3, but have decided not to look at 2 today, as I will probably get too fustrated and throw my computer out the window!!!

:* Ya know I can't shake the feeling that there are a few "silent" readers just sitting at their computer with an evil grin/laugh because us slow folks can't figure the second puzzle out. Owell, I screwed up the first one just guessing then it got frozen which made me want to do the other ones right... I got number three which was as easy as blinking and now number two is just a headache. It wouldn't be aweful if one of you smart peoples gave me a clue about what the colored numbers pertain to. :)

I will be the one to help out if it is not against the rules I hope not and I wont give the answer but I dont believe that this hint is a dead giveaway either it just gives you a direction to focus on.

IT IS NEOPETS RELATED and that is all I will say about it.

Good Luck figuring it out. ^_^