New Birthday Cupcakes for Neopets Birthday

lovedwallflower

So apparently, when you feed the cupcake to your pet they increase your endurance / strength / defence. Here's a screenshot:

m966nd.png

How is this going to affect training? Do you foresee people taking advantage of it?

Edit: Whoops, posted topic twice by mistake - sorry, mods!

is it just for my own pet's B-day or it works too for when i visit a pet whose B-day is today ?

It's for your own pets only. Still, you could easily trawl the pound for pets, take their cupcakes and abandon them when you're done. Seems like cheating but there are no rules against it :/

It's for your own pets only. Still, you could easily trawl the pound for pets, take their cupcakes and abandon them when you're done. Seems like cheating but there are no rules against it :/

I've read that the cakes are no-trade, and also you probably feed them to your birthday pet automatically, so the Pound thing probably doesn't work.

I've read that the cakes are no-trade, and also you probably feed them to your birthday pet automatically, so the Pound thing probably doesn't work.

They are indeed no trade but they are not automatically fed to the birthday pet - though it could certainly be fixed that way to avoid cheating! My lab ray had her birthday today and the cupcake is in my inventory. I plan on feeding it to my battle pet.

Does each color coordinate to a particular stat...or is it random?

In terms of colour and function, as far as the Battle chat can tell, the pink one increases endurance, the blue one defence and the yellow one strength. Not sure about the others, but endurance is added by 5.

I guess I have to note down my pets bd in my phone now.

I have some questions, though.

Do you have to visit your pet lookup to get cupcake or is it already in your inventory waiting to be fed?

Does the cupcake have to be fed on the day it arrive? Or is it possible to keep in safety box for awhile.

How can I get them?

I visited my pet's look up, but nothing

You visit your pet's lookup on your pet's birthday :)

Do you have to visit your pet lookup to get cupcake or is it already in your inventory waiting to be fed?

Yes you do - then you get an option of three cupcakes (like in the screenshot) and you choose one. You can keep it in the SDB if you want.

I can see it being easily taken advantage of. I created one of the new pets but fed the cupcake to my main pet (as I use her for the battledome). So you can collect the cupcake and feed it to any pet you own, which means people probably will just create and then abandon pets etc.

Edit:

Just wanted to specify that I didn't create a new pet with the intention of using it for a cupcake. I made a Vandagyre (the newly released pet) and when I saw that the cupcake went into my inventory and could be fed to anyone, I decided to feed it to my main.

Also, I feel like maybe Neopets will make some rules for it in the future to prevent people taking advantage...but for now, who knows?

ooh I had a question about this! I guess now I'll try to keep better track of my pet's birthdays but did you get a neomail or any sort of notification telling you it was your pets birthday?

Nah, I just got curious and checked.

I'm kind of torn on this. On one hand I'm happy that they made stat boosting items. Finding ways to go around expensive things has always been part of the game (like pet lending for avatars instead of having to create them yourself). On the other hand, if you were really dedicated to taking full advantage of this you could really get some serious stat boosts for zero money and time. And it involves creating/adopting and pounding pets for financial gain which seems like it should be illegal.

This is from the chats:

There are several sides about the matter from worst to most tolerable.

1) Making pets each day and then abandoning them. (1826 hp/year with no effort)

2) Adopting pets, eating their cake and then abandoning them each day. (1826 hp/year with at least a time sink)

3) Moving pets from side accounts to their main to get their cake. (100 hp/year).

4) Following the spirit of the mechanic and just collecting on your main (16 hp/year).

5) Being mad that TNT makes any non-np stat increaser.

I tried finding the birthday's of each of my pets, but I can't seem to locate it. Is their birthday just on their pet days? (EX; Uni day, Acara day, ect.) or the day you created them? Thanks!

I tried finding the birthday's of each of my pets, but I can't seem to locate it. Is their birthday just on their pet days? (EX; Uni day, Acara day, ect.) or the day you created them? Thanks!

The birthday is on the day you created them. You should be able to find it on their pet lookup :)