New Fostering System?

TeddyPwns

Today, I was quite surprised to have apparently been "volunteered" to foster a new Neopet. When I visit the Pound page, it tells me that it is closing and no longer accepting abandonments. However, I sense something fishy here. Is this a possible April "Fool's" gag?

There are some things that point to that. First of all, it happened on April 1st, and I could not find any information about it online, so I assume this just started happening today. Also, on the Pound page, it says that Dr Death is retiring, and the Pound is currently accepting applications. This, of course, technically makes no sense because it is of course automated by a website.

Anyway, just wanted to give my thoughts on this, and would like to hear more about this. I suspect that it is a gag, and hopefully so because I do not really want to be stuck with this pet since I did not choose the name and I do not like the name chosen for me.

Edit: Lol, nice one TDN. In case you were wondering, I originally wrote "April F ool's j oke" and "pr ank" without the spaces in between, instead of gag, and it was automatically replaced with phrases like "BRILLIANT IDEA".

Maaan TNT got me on this one. I wrote a message to my lender (have four pet lends lined up this month) asking her to explain what would happen next. I feel like a Class A derp. I realized what was happening the instant after I had pressed send and then had to send a follow up message explaining how dumb I am. I'm so resentful. This Kau needs to get off of my account.

Edit: Did anyone else get selected for a second foster?

Interesting to note, I got a purple grundo with a petpet and I was like "OOH free petpet" but when you try to visit the petpet it said "Petpet ERROR : Sorry, this Neopet is not yours :(" even though when you look on the quickref it says it is. Seems like they didn't hide all their tracks.

Also on the petpage when it talks about the owner, it says something along the lines of "...my owner NONE..."

I finally got that event: You have been volunteered to foster a Neopet, fofinho_x84! Make sure they get plenty of love and attention, and don't forget to feed them! If you would like to learn more about how the fostering program came about please visit the Pound.

And it's red xweetok...that's the original color of my active pet, and I have 2 more red xweetoks in my side accounts, so, uh, interesting choice of a foster pet. (:

When is this event gonna end? I need to pound a couple of pets and I'm part of this month's pet lending chains. :weird:

Edit: Wow, several seconds after getting that first pet, I got another one what

You have been volunteered to foster a Neopet, jojobb34! Make sure they get plenty of love and attention, and don't forget to feed them! If you would like to learn more about how the fostering program came about please visit the Pound.

It's a blue Ixi with a petpet Mallard this time. Off to the neolodge with you lot! Scratch that, they're not allowed to go to the neolodge ahahaha curses, time to bust out those omelettes from the SDB. :icecream:

Edit: Good heavens, I got another one??

You have been volunteered to foster a Neopet, batatinha_br1! Make sure they get plenty of love and attention, and don't forget to feed them! If you would like to learn more about how the fostering program came about please visit the Pound.

It's a green blumaroo with a petpet Tapira. I'm gonna run out of food for these guys welp. :whofarted:

I got a 6th pet! I was volunteered to foster a pet too but it's 6 pets for me??

Went to go see what books my foster pet has read because he is "vey clever" and I got this message: "Oops! - That pet does not seem to be owned by you!" Ha

EDIT: I have 7 pets now

EDIT: I need to transfer my Lenny to my friend .. Can transfers still be done?

April fool's joke << baha! I like how it changes it!

Maaan TNT got me on this one. I wrote a message to my lender (have four pet lends lined up this month) asking her to explain what would happen next. I feel like a Class A derp. I realized what was happening the instant after I had pressed send and then had to send a follow up message explaining how dumb I am. I'm so resentful. This Kau needs to get off of my account.

Edit: Did anyone else get selected for a second foster?

My side account did. I was pretty shocked that I got two "foster pets."

I am currently at 3 foster pets, I think playing solitaire may have been a poor choice haha.

Correction: I now have 4 foster pets :whaa: I wonder if there is a limit to this...

Edit: Make that 5 foster pets...welcome to the family Jolcko the green JubJub

I've got three so far, a blue Xweetok called Aminata3107, a green JubJub called Cheb31, and a green Grarrl called thom_thom__aa. This is turning out to be a pretty good way to clear loads of excess omelettes out of my SDB, if nothing else, lol.

Edit: Just got ANOTHER one, serves me right for playing neggsweeper. This one's a red Blumaroo called Gomagomes. I love Blumaroos, almost makes me wish I could keep him.

I got a blue blumaroo. It took me a few seconds after getting the event to remember what day it is. I debated even feeding the thing at all, since it probably won't be "mine" for very long, but maybe we get something for being nice to it? It's just food, anyway, it's pretty abundant stuff. I'm interested to see if this goes anywhere.

You have been volunteered to foster a Neopet, len_len_a90! Make sure they get plenty of love and attention, and don't forget to feed them! If you would like to learn more about how the fostering program came about please visit the Pound.

Male Lenny, Yellow

2347 days, Level 1

HP 4/8, Suffering from Neowarts

Edit: Fascinating. So we apparently can feed them, but not cure them. That's kinda sad :/

#2.

You have been volunteered to foster a Neopet, checkthispetout! Make sure they get plenty of love and attention, and don't forget to feed them! If you would like to learn more about how the fostering program came about please visit the Pound.

Male Gnorbu, Blue

1787 days, Level 1

HP 2/6

You have been volunteered to foster a Neopet, Dytsiyh! Make sure they get plenty of love and attention, and don't forget to feed them! If you would like to learn more about how the fostering program came about please visit the Pound.

Oh goodness. That makes 6. I feel like I'm running an orphanage myself lol

Edit: but seriously...now I'm up to 8 fosters