Wanna lend me a hand? Or, more precisely, a vote? :D

Hey gang!

I found out this morning that I have TWO entries in the current Caption Contest. /facepalm

I have since been informed that, yes, both can win.

(how cool would THAT be?)

Soooo, I'm here with my Neo-hat in hand to ask y'all to take a look at my two entries and maybe share some votes with me?

You can vote once every four hours for the next few days (it either ends on Monday or Tuesday, I'm not really sure)...and every. single. vote. will be GREATLY appreciated!

http://www.neopets.com/games/caption_browse.phtml

Here are the two entries:

Meerca: I guess leaving a bread crumb trail wasn't the best idea....

and

Meerca: I'm sure they are just Delfins... right?

I'm really excited about having two entries accepted...they are the 2nd and 3rd ever for me (my first was just a few weeks ago), so the 'shiny new' experience has not worn off yet.

Thank you!!

:P

Thank you, runningbanana!

I am curious to see which of the two captions garners the most votes...and really curious to see if they can both make it into the prize tiers!

This is only my second time making it into the Contest...but, I can see how folks might burn out on it...it is surprisingly stressful!

Cheers!

/grin...thank you, Lacee45!

I am kinda torn...on the one hand, I am thrilled that 2 got chosen and I think it will be fun to see if both can place. On the other hand, having two entries means votes I garner are split...so it makes it less likely that either will place.

Either way, it is fun!

Cheers!

Thank you, sinri!

If I understand the set up correctly, the top 25 vote getters (don't think that is actually a word), get a random prize.

Top 5 get 10K + random prize + a '#x Champion' (since I won Gold in my first Caption Contest) (once they catch up with the contest awards and GIVE me my trophy from a month or so ago)

Top 6-12 get 5K + random prize

Top 12-25 get 5K + random prize

So, hopefully, both will end up somewhere in the top 25!

Thank you, all, again, for your votes!

Cheers!

Thank you, Duma!

I LOVE the image of your Neo-family. How fun!

Did you do it yourself?

I am an ignoramoose when it comes to image manipulation. :P

Hope you have a nice evening...Cheers!

Thanks, I did it myself yes, and I love my Neo-family, that's why I made the picture. I basicly made separate layers with every pet, so if I want to change it I can just move the layers around, merge it again, safe and upload. I'm just learning myself and can only do basics, no shadowy stuff or special effects. Just plain copy/paste and play with layers. :P

Hope you have a nice evening too and I hope you get some nice votes. :D

Thank you, Emily_Speck_15!

At this point, if folks would vote for the Delfin Caption, I think it has the best chance of making top trophy tier. :D

I basicly made separate layers with every pet, so if I want to change it I can just move the layers around, merge it again, safe and upload.

I wish I could even get that far! I have NEVER been able to suss out 'transparency' without having a really bad area surrounding the image where 'pixels' retain the original color and are not transparent. The result is REALLY messy. What program do you use?

Thank you, ALL, for your votes...keep 'em comin'!

Thank you, again, sinri!

I am 'within striking distance' of Gold with the Delfin Caption...so hopefully folks will give their attentions to it and see me over the finish line!

I've had fun watching the votes...it certainly does stir one's competitive spirit!

I can't remember if voting continues thru Mon or thru Tues...I'm sure it will be a close contest either way.

Cheers!

Thank you, Emily_Speck_15!

At this point, if folks would vote for the Delfin Caption, I think it has the best chance of making top trophy tier. :D

I wish I could even get that far! I have NEVER been able to suss out 'transparency' without having a really bad area surrounding the image where 'pixels' retain the original color and are not transparent. The result is REALLY messy. What program do you use?

Thank you, ALL, for your votes...keep 'em comin'!

Voted for Delphins.

I used photoshop since i got that as a gift. But I am nowhere near to knowing how to do things. I figured out the magical wand (really easy on neopets: click the white background area(s), then reverse selection and tadaa: only the pet is selected, copy and paste as layer and done.)

I used Paint Shop Pro for a while, years ago and got the basics from that one too but to learn to use a program you need to use it a lot, lately I'm not really doing that so my knowledge stays limited.

I have a copy of Photoshop on my old desktop...but, this laptop, I have GIMP.

I don't a more fitting word could be had for what I feel like when trying to use it! :P

I'm just not that tecnically minded to begin with...and teaching this old dog new tricks is a chore.

Maybe when I retire I will have more time to learn new stuff. /laughing

Thank you, Duma, for the Delfin votes! That caption is fighting to stay in Gold Trophy tier!

Thank you ALL for your votes and good luck wishes...they are both very much coveted and appreciated.

Cheers!

Thank you, Business Casual...and thank you, again, Zombiiesque!! /grin

It does, indeed, look like I am in the running for Gold...there is still a fair bit of voting time left, though, so it will be a squeaker!

Y'all have all been freakin' awesome with the votes....TDN peeps rule!

If you guys and gals could continue to cast your votes for the Delfin entry, I would be very much grateful.

Everyone can vote once every 4 hours until the end of the Competition...I don't know if it ends Monday or Tuesday, though!

So, please vote until you are denied the ability. :D

/grin...I'm crossing everything as well!!

(it is admittedly rather uncomfortable!)

Voting is open until tomorrow (Tues) afternoon (apparently it closes an hour or two before New News releases).

Any votes y'all can get in prior to that would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you so very very much for the votes already cast. :D

Cheers!

Ok, y'all...it is gonna be CLOSE!

So, please, if you will, continue voting.

Voting closes this afternoon (Tues) and you can vote every four hours until it does!

Every vote helps and it is gonna come down to just a very few votes deciding Gold.

Thank you!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.