Immortals

Guest Levy

"Well if you need transport somewhere, I've just obtained the latest encryption keys for the customer databases of one of the taxi companies nearby," Leon replied as the program he had just executed sliced through the company's security, "so I can get you a free ride anywhere in the city. Anything else you need? Should I get you a pizza delivery or something?"

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I don't like to steal things Leon, only if I have to and there is no other option. Couldn't you just wire me some money or something?" She asked.

"Well I was planning to wire money directly to the taxi company's accounts anyway - that way they won't miss anything. But if you want, I guess I can set up a credit card for you, although you'll have to collect it yourself."

"All right," said Leon, typing rapidly as he set up several international transactions and logged on to the website of a nearby bank. "Just head to the large bank building two streets south of the park. Ask to collect your credit card with these details:" He read the particulars of the false identity he had created for Lena in the past few seconds. "If they ask you to sign, you can just put down any old signature, but remember it in case you're asked for it when you use the credit card."

Sahetow stepped out of the pond and put her clothes back on. She was surprised that they had lasted for so long; they hadn't worn or gotten torn or anything. Strange.

She sat down and sighed. There had to be a better life than this. Even if all of her family was gone, maybe there was something exciting lurking beyond the borders of Australia. Maybe, if she went there...

It was out of the question. Australia was surrounded by water. How could she leave? A canoe? Could that cross the ocean? Surely not.

What if she took one of the fishing boats?

Marissa had always told her about how great the boats were. She even showed them to her a couple of times and demonstrated how they worked. That was her solution. She could sneak aboard a boat and sail away.

Sahetow could hardly wait to get off this god-forsaken country.

((I don't really think Australia's bad. :P I have relatives there.))

Asteros smiled as he woke. He was fully rested, and it was morning, and none of the men had found him. And he had met his invisible friend, at last.

Though most people now would start wondering what to do, Asteros skipped this part and went straight to finding that every part of his body ached after sleeping on hard ground. After collapsing, getting up again, stretching, and becoming able to walk, he began wandering around aimlessly in the hope that a bowl of cereal would have appeared on the ground during the night. Since there wasn't one, he continued wandering until he saw a policeman.

As he turned around to run, a voice in his head said, "No, he will hear you. Crawl away quietly."

After about ten heart-stopping seconds, Asteros decided he should run. This was because the policeman had seen him.

((I don't have much to do around here. Asteros can't use a boat. Hmm. Or maybe...))

Asteros didn't know how far he'd walked. After a while, his invisible friend had appeared, and he had followed, through empty streets and side alleys. The policeman had given up by then.

He was hungry. Maybe his friend was leading him to one of those places with food... what had Daddy called it? A rester ant. Something like that. But the people who wanted to cut him into pieces might still be there. It was probably somewhere else.

((My geography is rusty. Auckland is quite far from the sea, right? Does anyone know?))

(( :laughingsmiley: Auckland is pretty much right beside the ocean. I'm still waiting for a response from Levy by the way.))

Lena hung up the phone and did as Leon said, she got the card and for the first time in three days she had a hot meal at the restaurant near the bank.

She was able to think more clearly now. She's been in Zamboanga before, in 1959, not a good time. But she remembers searching for three months to no avail. In fact, she had covered most of Oceania except for a few islands east of Australia, including New Zealand. She decided in her mind, New Zealand was next... Now she would have to speak English... Fluent she is not, in fact she hates English. Its the only language she has never been able to learn with ease.

She finished up and walked to the docks, standing near a pay phone.

Australia had changed more than she thought.

As Sahetow stepped into the fishing port, she found that everything she once knew was gone. The storage shack, the clear waters, even the deck where she was told her sister died was gone. All of it was replaced with a factory of some sort. There was a huge net tied outside of it, most likely to catch the fish that lived in the now polluted waters.

The boats had changed, too. They were no longer the machines she knew how to drive, but they were much more advanced and larger.

The place was crowded, full of people. She couldn't possibly sneak onto a boat and sail away. Someone would notice and stop her. Sahetow sighed in disappointment and tried to think of another plan.

"Come her," a shady figure beckoned to her.

Sahetow looked for the voice.

"Over here. By the boat."

She found the man that was calling her and went over to him. "What do you want?"

"Interested in taking a ride?"

"On a boat?"

"What else?"

Sahetow had her uncertainties. "Can you take me to the island to the north?"

"Piece of cake...provided you pay the fee..."

She groaned. Sahetow knew it was coming. "How much?"

"Merely your loyalty to the Queen."

"That's it?"

"Hey, I'm as loyal as you are...however loyal you are, of course."

Sahetow hesitated. Not a whole lot was making sense to her, but once she left the country, her loyalty wouldn't matter anymore. Besides, this was the ride she needed. Why not?

"I'll take the deal."

The man smiled. "Perfect. Climb inside the boat and we'll be off."

She climbed in, and the boat steadily quickened to a fast pace and took off.

((Just a random thought: it would be interesting (and weird) if we could just, say, skip a bunch of years. Barring technological advances, of course. :P))

Asteros stopped. His friend had vanished.

He was at the edge of the sea. At regular intervals there were docks with small boats tethered to them. To Asteros' one-track mind, there seemed to be nothing there - which is to say, no food.

Then he spotted his friend. Though, at the distance they were at, the ambient chatter of the people around Asteros should have been enough to drown out any voice, his mind-partner's words rang out as loudly as if in an empty hall.

"Over here!" he said, indicating a bench. "We'll wait here for someone who can help you."

((Asteros' guardian doesn't exactly know about Lena. But he knows that if you sit somewhere for a while looking like Asteros does (very similar to a beggar), someone sooner or later is going to do something to help him. Most likely sooner. Perhaps throw him some money to buy food. And there's a relative crowd, so it would be hard for a policeman to spot him before he gets a good head start.))

Sahetow saw the island she wanted to travel to, but the boat just kept going. "Excuse me, you just passed the island I was talking about."

"I know."

"Then turn around."

"No can do.'

Sahetow became irritated. "And why not?"

"I know your type. Ran away from home, opposes the government, the country...even your own family."

She didn't comment, no smart remarks.

The man continued, "It's all right, though. We're two of a kind. Both escaping. That's why we're passing your island."

Sahetow sighed and looked at her feet. There was no way that they were alike. She wasn't related to anyone anymore. "So where are we going?"

The man smiled at her. "Indonesia."

(( sorry its late D:

note: Zamboanga xD theres one in my country :3 ))

Name: Maria White

Age Appears: 17

Birth Century: 18th century

Eyes: right eye blue the other green

Hair: brown

Height: 5'6

Weight: 120 pounds

Mother: Felicia

Father: Greg

Siblings: none that she knows

Physique: stronger than average

Personality: She's a quiet shy girl in the outside but someone who has the mind of a professional thief

Apparel: a white t-shirt with blue shorts and a belt. she also carries a sword

Interests: reading, martial arts and animals

History:

when she was born she was taken care of her parents in england for 3 years

after 3 years she was sent to the orphanage because her parents died and she had no relatives

after 10 years in the orphanage the orphanage had to close so she was alone.

she survived for 300 years doing jobs and being strong.

after that she stayed and did jobs in ships for 40 years

she then quietly stayed at Spain and stayed there until early 2008

she went on a cruise but the cruise went missing so now she is washed up somewhere.

Back symbol: 242d6xx.jpg

she was short of breath. she looked around all can she see were a forest and some trees.

"where am I? There must be someone..around...."

((Okay, so I've had some personal problems arise. Not computer problems. I'll be back when things calm down.))

(Hey, don't blame me- I thought the forums were down)

Seth was in a deep coma. He was unlikely to respond.

Seth had been transferred to Wolvercote's Hospital, where, inevitably, Gwythern had followed.

Gwythern sat in the hospital gardens, waiting, anxiously, semi-praying that his great grandson would pull through.

Then a strange thing happened, he was reminded of the time when, at the Rotary Club he was introduced to someone, by his friend Mr Smith, (back then he was known as Gwythern Silver.)

"Gwythern, this is John, he's just visiting from London."

Suprisingly John always popped up at the weirdest of moments. Alas, that witty fellow had always captured his imagination somehow. Maybe it was the fact that he was a world-renowned author that did that.

((I was caught up in the whole DNS mess, but that's resolved now))

Leon shuffled some files around on his system, then brought up another one of his programs. It's layout was similar to that of an RSS feed reader, but it was much more complex, bringing in data from virtually every source of up-to-date news on the planet, from civilian to government to top-secret military. It then integrated the data to avoid duplicate articles, and neatly categorised and tagged the information for Leon's convenience. Even then, the overwhelming amount of information it provided took several hours to sort through, and downloading the data from the scattered array of sites could take up to a day on rare occasions.

Leon made sure that the program was able to establish its network links correctly, then flipped to another window to see Lena standing impatiently next to one of the payphones. Smiling slightly, he punched up the call program.

Lena heard the ring and picked up the phone. She spoke first, inadvertently speaking in her native language, German, "Leon, ich bin fertig hier. Ich reise zu Neu Seeland. Die Karte ist International?"

((You aren't meant to understand it, just point out to her you can't speak German.))

Leon raised an eyebrow. "Well if you really want me to open a German translator program at this end, I could do that, but it might make things a little awkward."

She let out a low sigh then began to speak in Spanish like before, "Sorry. Anyway, I am done here. I will be going to New Zealand. The card is international right?"

((She has that problem, she will sometimes speak in her first language inadvertently.))

There was a five second delay before Leon's reply, during which several mouse clicks could be heard. "It is now. Do you want me to book a flight?"

Guest Levy

"No, I hate flying. I got a boat right here, I just need to get it fueled then I will head out to the North Island as soon as possible. Follow me if you want with that space thing, it'll be boring though." She smirked.

"Well if you really want to keep it boring, then you'd better move fast, because I just intercepted a police radio call to arrest a suspicious young female in connection with a missing boat. The description matches yours, and although I doubt this would be a major thing normally, I assume that you really don't want to get tangled up the authorities."

Guest Levy

"Hmm, didn't think the Vietnam authorities would get involved here. Well, see ya." She said, hanging up and fueling her stolen boat as fast as she could then took off out of port as fast as the boat would go.