Immortals

Guest Levy

"What if you could live forever?"

Once every century a child is born. Its not genetic, not supernatural, its not known why. This child is born with the ability to live forever. Though it can still be killed through bodily harm, it never ages. It hits an age and it's body halts. Each child is born with a large marking on their back, each symbolic and as unique as they are.

Name:

Age Appears:

Birth Century:

Eyes:

Hair:

Height:

Weight:

Mother:

Father:

Siblings:

Physique:

Personality:

Apparel:

Interests:

History:

Back symbol: (A simple sketch would do)

---

Name: Lena Gail

Age Appears: 17

Birth Century: 8th century

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Black

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 155lbs

Mother: Gail

Father: Unknown

Siblings: Two brothers, long deceased

Physique: Stronger than average

Personality: Dominant, forceful, assertive, aggressive, competitive, stubborn, bossy, reactive emotionally, changeable, affected by feelings, emotionally less stable, easily upset, expedient, nonconforming, disregards rules, self indulgent, socially bold, venturesome, thick skinned, uninhibited, abstract, imaginative, absent minded, impractical, absorbed in ideas, open to change, experimental, liberal, analytical, critical, free thinking, and flexibility.

Apparel: She wears tight fitting jeans with no belt, instead of a belt she wears a light cloth around the top of the jeans. Usually a crop top or sleeveless shirt under a rather large tan-ish hooded coat which appears to be made out of wool. It is open in the front, which is how she wears it most the time but the coat does have strings to tie it together if she wanted. The coat's arms are too long for her hands to reach out the ends. Whenever she needs to use her hands she takes them out of the sleeves and uses them through the open front. The hood of the coat is usually up, darkening her face in the right light. The bottom of the coat goes down to her knees. Strapped to her back is her Jian, a straight double edge Chinese sword.

Interests: Sports, exercise, training, martial arts, swordsmanship, chess, and collecting.

History: Born in Europe to Gail of the northern part of the Kingdom of Charlemagne. She was the youngest of three. She was raised as any European girl was raised back in the 8th century, to be a housewife. She was in an arranged marriage when she was 13 but ran away the day before the ceremony. She was picked up by emigrants who were on their way to the Asian world. The journey was tiresome and she almost died of malnutrition. But when she was 14, they made it. China. There she studied martial arts and renounced her old European ways. She even forgot her native tongue, German. She mastered Shaolin Kung Fu before she was 17 and then her immortal mark appeared. At that moment, her aging ceased. She went on to study the sword. Her skills with a Jian were unmatched. The way she maneuvered her one-handed double-edge was unmatched. She was dubbed a full Shaolin master at 25, though still with the body of a 17 year old. After her graduation, she wandered the globe. Then came back to her homeland 50 years after she left. Her childhood house had been leveled. Within the debris, a note. It was horribly degraded and dirty but she could read it, "Life for us ended when she left."

Back symbol: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/tee...tal-marking.gif

Lena was a passenger on a yacht, the year is 2008.

A full century and no luck, I miss the low world population... She thought.

The immortals of later centuries were always easy to find, they were usually outcasts and stood out. All she had to do was find a poor soul and lift up the back of their garments. At least, that's what happened to her. Jho, the long dead founder of the immortals group, united her with a group of others. After he and several others were killed by the Black Death, she became the leader. As soon as a century began, they set out in search for the past century's immortal. The search for the 20th century's immortal was the longest she could remember.

Her coat flowed in the breeze as the boat skimmed across the water of the Pacific.

We have to find the next one, before anyone else figures out what they are.

The immortals have been in secret for their entire existence. If any of them went public, it would be mass hysteria. The countries of the world would want to study them, to see how they live as they do.

((Not a battle RP, I've been getting tired of those. This is an exploration RP. I remember, my first RP ever was an exploration RP. That was a fun one, until no one wanted to finish it with me. T^T Anyway, come up with something. Be creative! PLEASE PARTICIPATE!!! IT TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO FIGURE EVERYTHING FOR LENA!!!))

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, cool. I'll have to join this RP in the morning, cause I have no time to fill out that huge form just yet.

((Well I'll definitely be participating in this one - I just need to wait until class is over. :P

"Nope, I'm not on a forum or anything like that - just doing my assignment." :shiftyeyes_anim: ))

Lena took a deep sigh and sat at the back of the yacht. She had chartered a trip from Japan to Vietnam.

Her sword, her Jian, which she has held and kept by her side since the 8th century, was dangling by her side. She never left it out of her sight. Its worth millions, possibly even billions, but she would never sell it. She smithed it herself. Smithed it from ore located throughout the continent of Asia. To the north in Siberia, the north east in Manchuria, and the south west along the border of India and Pakistan.

I don't believe we've check Oceania, I guess it will be my job to go island-hopping.

"Kouta, thank you for taking me to Vietnam. How much was the trip?" She asked the Japanese Yacht owner.

"Thirty thousand Yen ma'am." He responded.

"Of course." She said. She was broke, she spent her last bit of currency on food the other night. As soon as they made port, she was going to make a break for it.

((They were speaking in Japanese, just to make it clear to you. She rarely speaks English and doesn't like to.))

((And guys, remember anything not pertaining to the story goes in double parenthesis.))

((Er...Levy? We have a huge storm coming towards our house and I know that the electricity will be going out any minute now. My entry will have to wait...:( ))

(Must be my Hurricane :O my entry!)

Name: Gwrtheyrn Seolfor

Age Appears: 20

Birth Century: 4th Century

Eyes: Grey

Hair: Used to be dark red, now going greyish-white.

Height: 5'10

Weight: a mere 13 Stone

Mother: Andraste

Father: Caratacus Seolfor

Siblings: Caderyn (Brother died in the fall of London by Saxons)

Physique: Hard-muscular, but slim, strong- (enough)

Personality: Loss of his brother affected him, so, he doesn't like

Apparel: Tweed trousers, Oxblood colour shoes, Sleeveless Sweater, Yellowed Blouse.

Interests: Reading, writing stories (humorous ones) and photography.

History of Gwythern Seolfor

BORNL 413, (October 31) near outer Bath as a twin.

440- Twin Brother is killed in London by Saxon Invasion.

620- Farmer in Northumbria til 690.

787-858 lived in Cork as a Fisherman.

991- Saw the battle of Maldon.

1036-1079- Served in the King's Court under alias of Seth Connson.

1100-1200- Northern France,grew vines.

1215 Participated in signing of Magna Carta, (alias Alan de Galloway (constable of Scotland))

1230-1313- was a monk in Saint Albans,

1313- lived in Wales, under Lleweleyn ap Gruffudd.

1350- Moved to Denmark, learnt to speak Danish.

1400- Pilgrimage to Rome.

1519- Visit to York.

1579- Served under Francis Duke as Harry Dean.

1588- Personal Servant to Elizabeth I. Faked Death by falling down a Garderobe in 1595. (Not injured much, but couldn't get smell off for weeks.)

1599- Actor for Shakespeare's Globe. Played Puck in Midsummer's Night Dream.)

1620- Emigrated on the Mayflower.

1663- returned to England.

1666- nearly died of Plague.

1666 latter- nearly died by fire.

1684- Worked as a Printer.

1730- Caught trying to Import Wolves in England. Deported to Americas.

1773- Participated in Boston Tea Party.

1780-1848- Lived in the 'west' with a tribe of Indians as their medicine Man. When the tribe was attacked, he escaped by log-barrel down a waterfall. Nearly drowned, but rescued by a Town Fisherman. (Alias Michael Clives)

1848-1875 Was Town Bartender, married a Caroline Avery in 1868.

1875- 1889 Emigrated to Tasmania, took up Sheep-farming.

1889- Birth of son, Jeremy Clive.

1890- Caught a cub thylacine, raised it as the family pet.

1908- Death of Caroline Clive. (1839-1908 (69))

1920- Jeremy is a clerk, moves to Australia, marries into a Sydney Family.

1920-1936 Now as William Jacobson, visits Russia, learns Russian, mistaken for spy, sent to Siberia.

1940-1945- Returns to Australia, sees Jeremy's new family.

1953- Death of Jeremy, father to 5 Children.

1953-1986- adopts Seth, his Great-granson, travels to UK, lives in Bournemouth

1986-2008- Writes Stories 'based on' but not accurate for the events in his life. (Humorous Stories).Back symbol: On the left shoulder

-----------

Gwythern had recently finished writing his newest tale, that titled, "Magna Carta, I was a Carter." was a humorous account of his 'fictional' dealings with King John. His Great Grandson, Seth was downstairs, although, he was over 60 years old, and made him feel younger. The question about Gwythern's visage had only popped up two times, once, when he was in the local greengrocers, the shop-keeper thought that Gwythern was either very young, or had modelled for a facial-care company. The second, was when he had tried to apply for a bus-pass. He had been offered a Pre-paid Bus-pass, which would mean he would pay after the term finished. He wanted a Senior-pass, this would mean his travelling would be free, because, obviously, he was over 60. Then there was the embarassing situation with the birth-certificate.

He slowly walked downstairs, reaching for his 'ceremonial' walking-stick. He'd been given it by a fan of his second humorous book "Working for Francis Drake, was no piece of Cake." He walked downstairs, and a shock visited his eyes. Seth was on the floor unconscious!

Name: Sahetow Cayn

Age Appears: 17

Birth Century: 20th

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Brown, straight

Height: 5' 7"

Weight: 145 lbs

Mother: Ceirra

Father: Pon

Siblings: Marissa, her sister, kidnapped in 1905, never seen again

Physique: Obviously tall, slim, sharp nails, pale skin

Personality: She's more of a loner since her sister died, keeps to herself most of the time, and answers quickly and vaguely when asked a question

Apparel: skinny blue jeans with the tips of the legs cut off, white t-shirt, white shoes, and a little charm bracelet on her right wrist

Interests: animals---though she keeps it secret

History: Born in Australia, Sahetow was kept well away from the desert parts of her country, as she lived not too far from it. She lost her father when he went on an expedition to find rare fossils in the desert and never came back; supposedly he died of exposure and dehydration. Her mother grew so distressed that she committed suicide by driving her car off a bridge. All that was left for Sahetow was her older sister, Marissa, who was 16 when Sahetow was 13. Sahetow stayed home while Marissa worked at a fishing port trying to support the two of them. When Marissa didn't come back home, someone at the fishing deck told her that her sister had lost her balance and fell in the sea and drowned. At that moment, Sahetow ran away from the deck, didn't go home, and has lived on the outskirts of the desert in an oasis ever since.

Back symbol: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/gru...er66/doodle.gif

Sahetow began to undress to bathe in the small oasis pond in the desert. Before she got in, she glanced behind her at her back's reflection. That mark. It had been with her for as long as she could remember. She didn't know why it was there, or why she stopped aging at 17. Even her own parents didn't know. Those idiots. Father should have known to be better prepared for the desert. And Mother knew she had two kids to support, but killed herself anyway and left us to defend ourselves.

She stepped into the pond.

Poor Marissa, she drowned trying to feed me, trying to keep us together. She was better than my parents could have ever been. I'll miss her forever.

((Morgan, the 21st century is THIS century. If Sahetow was the 21st century Immortal then she would only be eight at most. Would it be safe to assume Sahetow is the missing 20th century immortal?))

"We're at port ma'am." Kouta said.

"Ahh, thanks Kouta. Now... goodbye!" Lena said, jumping off the boat and running into the city of Da Nang. Kouta didn't chase after her, he just stood there cursing loudly at her.

She made it into the slums. Some how she would have to get back to port and steal a boat to get to the Philippines.

Gwythern walked towards his Great-grandson.

"Seth?" he asked, moving quickly to him.

He felt his arm for Seth's pulse. The response was sluggish.

He moved quickly to the phone situated on the bureau in the Hall.

He dialled for an ambulance.

"Hello, my brother has collapsed on the floor, He's not responding to me!"

The lady on the end asked for where the incident had happened, to which, Gwythern replied,

"It's Aspen Edge, as you turn off the road from Lewis Lane."

The lady then told him to wait outside the house.

Twenty minutes later, the ambulance pulled up.

((This looks interesting. :yes:

Name: Asteros Tou

Age Appears: unreached, currently 5 years old (as long as everyone agrees that he's the 21st century immortal, born in 2003. Is that okay?)

Birth Century: 21st

Eyes: Golden

Hair: Black

Height: 80 cm

Weight: 13 kg

Mother: Selene

Father: Helios

Siblings: None

Physique: Unusually thin and pale for his age, but a fast runner

Personality: Shy and withdrawn

Apparel: Ragged black T-shirt and trousers

Interests: Staying alive

History: Asteros was born on 20 February 2003 in Auckland, New Zealand. He lived a quite normal life for a year, at which point his mother died in a car accident and his father, a policeman, had to do everything. Upon birth, however, it had been noticed by the doctor that he had a mark on his back, in the shape of three long, slanting, parallel scars as if he had been clawed by some vicious animal all down his back. His parents were told that it was a birthmark, but the doctor knew that no birthmark was, in fact, so perfect. Though it was not a particularly unusual phenomenon, the matter found its way to the government, and from there to the governments of other countries. Three separate governments found recordings of similar markings, one in the mid-20th century, one quite long ago in the 19th, and one in a worn, tattered, 18th century version of a medical anomaly report, with the latter two individuals having disappeared around the dawn of the next century. Intriguing reports of their sightings, sometimes more than 100 years after their birth, were also found. It was surreptitiously decided that the matter be given "further investigation", meaning Asteros be brought to a medical lab and closely examined over an indefinite period of time. Asteros' father brought the sad news home, but found the house empty. Asteros had run, stimulated by a mysterious voice (I have my own plans for this). As a policeman, Helios was bound to help chase his own son. And so the man-hunt began.

Back symbol: Three parallel slashes about 3 cm apart from each other, slanting right by about 10 degrees, covering the whole of his back. Each slash widens to about 0.5 cm in the middle. I will sketch and upload a picture as soon as possible.))

Now he knew why he had run.

His invisible friend would never have lied to him. He had heard the people running after him talking about "dissecting". He knew what dissecting meant because he had asked Daddy once, and Daddy had said it was a posh word for cutting into pieces. Asteros didn't want to be cut into pieces.

So he ran, stumbling, slipping. The mud was squishy and it tasted bad. But he had to run, otherwise the people would get him and cut him into pieces.

He didn't know where he was going, but his instincts told him that if he ran far enough they would stop chasing him. His instincts told him that if he ran far enough he would reach a place that was safe, and then he could stop. But he was tired, so tired.

It was raining, too, so he couldn't see very well. But every now and again he glimpsed a shadowy figure waving to him, and he followed that figure, because it seemed right. Maybe the person would lead him to a safe place.

Eventually he came to a ledge of rock protruding from the ground. He stopped there, because there was no mud under it and it stopped the rain.

((Yikes, both missing Immortals seem to be in danger... And Lena is simply wandering. Hope there will be an Immortal searching in this area of the planet too.))

Lena slept in an alley that night in the rain. She feared not for her safety. She's over a century late and now there was the possibility of a second lost Immortal.

Before the sun rose, she snuck into port and untied a sail boat. She had planned to goto the Philippines, hopefully she won't run into any trouble.

---

Coming into Zamboanga, she noticed the city just waking up. Fishing boats were leaving port and tourism boats continually circled the city's coast. Lena has never been to Zamboanga. She made her way into port. She planned to search the entire city as much as she could. She had all the time in the world to do so.

((Don't worry... I've thought up a weird way of getting my character out of trouble. :P

Oh, and the general public are, of course, being told that Asteros is a criminal. But only if they ask. The whole thing isn't that serious yet.))

Five minutes passed.

The people seemed to have left. Asteros shivered.

He wondered what to do now, since the danger had passed. He was cold, but not yet hungry. Whatever else, he had to stay away from the people who wanted to cut him into pieces. There was nowhere to go, now. Perhaps he could just stay here.

He wondered who the person who had led him here was. Perhaps it was his invisible friend, who had whispered to him and comforted him as long as he could remember, though he had never seen him. He thought it was his invisible friend who had told him to run, as well. It would be nice if they could see each other for the first time.

The thought warmed him a little, and he lay down.

((Is it okay if I have a side character who isn't an immortal? And/or if I introduce that character without a form?))

((I have no problem with it. The form is for Immortals, not regular people. Go ahead and add other people, just be sure to make a form if they are Immortals.))

((Name: Leon

Age Appears: 14

Birth Century: 19th

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Black, neatly cut so that it doesn't fall into his eyes

Height: 131 cm

Weight: 24 kg

Mother: Unknown

Father: Unknown

Siblings: None

Physique: He is extremely thin and pale, with poor muscle development which means that he is virtually paralysed from the chest down (he uses an electric wheelchair to move around, and has several handles around his home which allow him to do household tasks).

Personality: Quiet and withdrawing in real life, he is only really comfortable communicating to people if there is a computer network between them. Online, he is friendly, helpful, tolerant and open-minded, although he is also extremely aggressive when provoked to anger. He also tends to be extremely paranoid.

Apparel: He wears whatever he happens to grab first from the closet, in addition to a pair of thick glasses.

Interests: Computing, programming, designing and building electronic devices, hacking (Leon is an 'ethical' hacker, and spends his free time taking down major phishing sites, terrorist networks, and other malicious hackers; he will occasionally siphon a few thousand dollars from large bank accounts where they won't be missed in order to help fund the immortals group).

History: He was abandoned by his parents at an extremely young (but unknown) age when they found out about his critical muscle development disability. An immortal found him and raised him for several years, and when that immortal was found by the immortals group they took him in as well (out of kindness at first, but later they discovered his symbol and determined that he was an immortal). His adoptive parent was killed in the First World War, but by that time he was able to fend for himself, and he had already discovered his life's work. From the first digital computer to the present development of next-generation nanoscopic storage devices, every single development that led to modern computing has his footprint somewhere on it (usually all over it). The achievements that he found particularly rewarding include microprocessors, LCD displays, hard disks and, of course, the internet. Leon also helped the immortals group over the years - despite being unable to assist them directly due to his physical disability, he has often provided them with remote assistance and is also the main source of funds for the group. Currently he runs an expansive system of botnets that allows him to control almost every computer network in the world (as well as controlling stuff over the internet, he can also access closed military networks/research & development labs, manipulate radio/TV broadcasts, redirect phone calls, etc.)

Back symbol: Leon's symbol took so long to find because it was too small to be seen clearly with the naked eye.

mark.gif

))

((OK, Levy, thanks.

And by the way, anyone who asks - including Asteros' father - is being told that Asteros is a criminal. But everyone has their own suspicions.))

Asteros jerked upright. He had heard something this time, he was sure of it. The rain had stopped, worsening conditions because he could hear every little noise, which was then made into a footstep by his subconscious.

This time, though, he hadn't imagined it. There was a figure there, a faint silhouette, a shadow against shadows. Asteros tensed, ready to run.

"Stop."

He stopped, half-risen, not only because the figure had spoken, but because he had heard its voice before.

He had first heard it a long time ago. He had been crying, and suddenly there had been the presence of someone behind him - but he hadn't turned around, because the person had told him not to - and the voice had comforted him and, in a psychological sense, helped him up. He had never seen the person, but he knew that if he had turned around he would have seen him, and yet when he had asked Daddy if there was someone behind him, while the person was right there, Daddy had said no and given him a strange look. That was how he knew that his friend was invisible, at least to other people.

And now he was seeing his invisible friend for the first time. He smiled in delight.

His friend stepped forward, and though there was no light, Asteros suddenly saw his features as clearly as in daylight. It was him, himself, the same, wearing the same clothes, and in fact with the same voice, but somehow different. His expression was burdened, as if he had found the meaning of life and the universe and hadn't liked it at all. And when he spoke, it was with a matching tone, so that even though it had the high pitch of a five-year-old's speech it sounded like an adult.

Being mostly an ordinary child, this didn't bother Asteros at all. He stuck out a hand in an imitation of what he had seen his father do, but it passed through that of his friend as if through warm mist. Baffled, he tried with his other hand, achieving, of course, the same result.

"I'm sorry I can't touch you." said his reflection. "But I'm sure we can still be friends."

((Just to explain. Asteros' so-called "invisible friend" is sort of a split personality from his own. I actually got the idea from the real disease "alien hand syndrome" in which a part of the victim's body, usually their hand, develops a personality of its own and moves of its own volition. Asteros' friend can be seen and felt by him only, because he only exists in Asteros' mind, controlling Asteros' optical and aural centres so that they can communicate. He is considerably smarter than Asteros, and is going to give him advice to get him out of sticky situations.))

Several strings of meaningless letters and numbers scrolled across Leon's screen as his program matched itself seamlessly to the CIA's integrated surveillance network. Leon flexed his fingers and with a few keystrokes, brought up a detailed high-resolution view of all the major and medium-sized port cities in coastal Vietnam. Frowning, he scanned over the images, then shrugged. Well it makes sense that she'd be in the Philippines by now. I probably should have made contact with her before she headed off to an archipelago with what, 60,000 port cities?

Punching a few more commands into his computer, he trained two of the CIA's spy satellites on a new location and resumed the meticulous search process.

Lena sat in a park, In the past it was so easy to find the Missing immortal in each century. But the population took a spike, the 19th century Immortal was pure luck.

She took a deep breath and laid back in the metal bench.

It took several hours of searching and a few mugs of coffee before Leon finally located Lena sitting on a metal park bench in the city of Zamboanga. He would have overlooked the black-haired figure at first if it wasn't for the fact that she had a 70 centimetre long Jian strapped to her back.

Finally! he thought, breathing out a sigh of relief. He would never have been able to get over the disappearance of the group's leader, especially if it was directly related to his own incompetence. He spared himself a few seconds to glare at the code for the visual scanning program he had opened about half an hour ago. Seven years of development and it still can't tell a tree from a skyscraper. Definitely not one of my best works, and definitely something I shouldn't have neglected with the recent advances in visual recognition.

Adding the program's improvement to his mental to-do list, Leon brought up the executable for another program, this one a fully developed version that he kept frequently updated. It was one of his favourites, which he had written shortly after watching 'The Matrix' and had enjoyed using ever since. A window popped up on his screen as the program reached through his botnet and pinged a series of IP addresses. 30 seconds later, his computer beeped and an overlay appeared over the image fed to his screen from the spy satellite, showing the entire area's telephone network, complete with cables, computers connected to the internet, wireless access points, cellphone radio towers, and most importantly, the telephones themselves.

A small icon indicated that Lena was sitting only 3 metres away from a payphone. Smiling, Leon double clicked the icon, then reached over to the desk beside him and put on a headset. A series of electronic signals could be heard, similar to those associated with old dial-up modems, as the program routed the call through Zamboanga's telephone network. 5 seconds later, the payphone rang.

Lena's head jerked to the phone.

She looked around and no one was trying to answer it. Ten seconds later, she answered it.

"H-hello?" She spoke lightly.

((She is currently speaking a variant of Spanish, the official language of that region.))

"Hola Lena!" Leon said. "Long time no see! Is there anything you need me to do for you?"

"How did you find me... never mind, I'd rather not know. There seems to be nothing you can really do from where ever you are. Unless you want to get out into the world and search with me..." She said, rather unamused.