Awesome Contest!!!

smumpkins

Well it might be some time before I submit my entry - I'm having trouble making a background that blends properly with the image. >.<

Random edit: this happens to by my 4000th post.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can use the colours from the original image - I just can't get them to blend the way I want (i.e. with seamless precision).

I have a different idea that might be more achievable than the first, but I'm not sure how it'll look when I'm done...

Well, it's that time again! The time where I announce the winner. Drum roll, please. *sound of snare drum roll* And the winner is... LEVY! This was decided when he was the only one to submit an entry for this part of the contest. >_>;; Congratulations, Levy.

---------------------------

WEEK 4

---------------------------

Welcome to week 4 of the contest. Again, anyone can enter, not just previous participants.

For this week, we shall be centering around music. That's right, MUSIC! However, we'll be doing something a little bit differently. :evil: For this week, we've created a new thread for you Musical Masterminds in which to post your entries. You'll find the rules there, so please be sure to follow them. Again, I look forward to all of your entries. :wink:

Congratulations to Levy!

My apologies for not submitting an entry by the way, but I was a *bit* busy helping Cameron with MoTA, and on top of that my first couple of attempts to make a background messed up...

That's fine. Oh, and here are what everyone has won, thus far:

Week 1: Snicklebeast Poems - Won by Ellie - Valued over 12k

Week 2: Vase of Pretty Flowers - Won by Levy - Valued over 7k

Week 3: Neohome Background - Won by Levy - Valued over 17k

Week 4: Moehawk Speaker - Not Yet Won - Valued over 25k

Week 5: Scented Heart Plant - Not Yet Won - Valued over 19k

Grand Prize: ???????????? - Not Yet Won - Valued over 80k

# The song must either be purely instrumental or instrumental with vocals that have no actual words - example can be found here.

# You must provide me with the title of the song, the name of the singer/band as well as the lyrics (this is so it will be easier for me to find and listen to).

Why do you want lyrics on a song that nobody sings at? :O

That's what I did last night. Slept longer than I have in a long time - 8 whole hours! OH EM JEE!!!

But, on a different note, I've only gotten one music entry, so far. What's up with that?

Well I haven't submitted anything because I don't know any music. Music and me do not mix well.

Can I join the contest, or is it to late? :)

Mike stated that anybody can join the contest at any time, so feel free to enter. :yes:

Yes, Theo is correct. Feel free to join! Sorry I've been so quiet, as of late. I had to catch up on 40 episode of Katekyo Hitman: Reborn. >_< Great show, but it's still ongoing.

So, the next part of the contest is going to be even easier than anything else we've done, and you're probably going to laugh at it. But, it will be nice to have it done. ^_^

Okay, Musical Masterminds has been completed, and the results can be found here. The winner was Brittney, and she has received a Moehawk Speaker which currently sells for over 30k. Congratulations to her! So, that concludes the fourth part of the contest....

-----------------------------------------

...and so starts our fifth part. Now, a quick note before I jump into what it's actually going to be about, since you'll want to know this information I'm about to give. For each person that has won a part of the contest, their name will be entered into a poll where everyone on the forums shall vote on who they feel deserves the grand prize most. "What's the grand prize," you ask? Well, if you really must know, the grand prize will be 800k, pure neopoints. That's right, I'm going all out on this one. I don't care about how you go about getting the votes, just no begging on the forums. Each time I see a post about begging, I'll lower the poll count for that person by one whole vote. However, advertising the poll is definitely allowed, as long as you don't beg for votes. Also, second place will be getting a prize, though of a much lower caliber - a Niptor. There will be no other prizes, though. I don't care about third place. <_<

So, after reading all of that, you're probably wondering how you can get your name into that poll. Well, my friend, that's quite easy - just win this part of the contest! This will be the last part of the contest, before the poll, and I urge everyone to take part in this.

It's really simple. Just submit a romantic (appropriate) one-liner that I will use as a titlebar for this site. You do NOT have to make it up. You can rip it from any source you want. I DON'T CARE! Plus, anyone who has already taken part in, or already won, you are free to take part in this, as well. So, EVERYONE can take part in this. Heck, even Ian could join, if he felt so compelled to do so. XP

Please submit your one-liners here. This way it will be easier for me to keep track of. Feel free to use the main thread to talk about how badly you want to win, and which ones you think might win - just try not to deviate away from the contest TOO much.

Good luck!