Awesome Contest!!!

smumpkins

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ack, I doubt I'll be able to come up with anything sensible (XD) in time for this category.

Hmm... that's not exactly what's coming to mind.

If I give this a shot, I'll post my poem tomorrow.

Well, here's my poem. It's not very good. :*

Rose

Rose

Silently watching

as it grows.

Light

Shinging on my rose.

Shimmering petals of red

Moving out of sight.

Rain

Diamonds of blue

Surround my rose

Seeping right through

The dusty ground

Relieving all pain.

Drought

Petals of black

Not a drop in sight.

The ground will crack

Death is near,

There is no doubt.

A Seed

Falling from my rose

Into the dry ground.

Who is it that knows

Will something grow

That I truly need?

Four seasons pass by me,

And I look to my garden

Through that dusty window,

And see. . .

A Rose.

I silently watch

As it grows.

I hopw you liked it! :)

Mrrr hrrr! I done did a haiku! Tell me if there is anything wrong with it, cause I never did a Haiku before. I might submit it to dA if you guys like it.

The beautiful rose

shall not die if you love her

for the rest of time

Muhhh, Um... Tah daa! I guess. I can't rhyme! I'd have done prose but I guess its gotta be a rhyming poem or a haiku.

Okay, will this part of the contest is over. The winner of this one is Ellie, and the poem that won is this one. I liked most of the ones posted (other than the roses are red one, all were great), and I think you all have great talent. :yes: But, since there could only be one winner this round, it was tough to decide. I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings....

But, the next part of the contest has to do with a graphic/image. You don't have to make it yourself, but it does still have to go with the theme of the poem that won. It would be good if it was rose petals/a bunch of roses bundled together/or something to do with love and semblance of roses to it. Also, green is a good color, and so is dark red. :yes: Okay, and there are really no constraints on how many submissions you make. The only criteria I require is for the image to be a width of 400 and a height of 550. It doesn't have to be spot on, but I'd like it to be as close as possible.

Be creative, and you have a week to get these in to me. :wink:

ANYONE CAN DO THIS! As I said earlier, send as many parts as you like. You don't have to do every part. Someone who just signed up for the forums could participate at this point. This is a contest for everyone to take part in. Only one person isn't allowed, and she knows who she is. <_< Plus, you could've edited the haiku, or even posted more of them. That was your choice not to. But, oh well! So, yes, please take part in this leg of the contest, if you'd like to. :wink:

Ok, I did this with Photoshop.

cherry_blossom.png

I know, its cherry blossoms and not roses... But... You look at the poem and it never says 'roses'. Soo... Cherry Blossom Petals!

Note: I am so glad my Photoshop is working again. ^_^

Thanks, I found a petals brush in my collection of brushes. And this Rukia render looked perfect. (Nothing fits the Kuchiki family better than cherry blossom petals.) This was perfect practice. With the new ram I can switch back and forth between Firefox and Photoshop instantly, where with my old RAM it took a while. After I am finished with a sig I am making for a battle at some other forums, I'll make another image.

See? I had told you guys that this would probably be more interesting to most of you. I mean, poetry is something that not everyone is great at, while finding images on the net can be fun, or even working on one for yourself, too. I seriously look forward to the entires for this one. ^_^

I have an idea for a theme already... but it might be a bit tough to find the images I have in mind.

So far I haven't been able to get quite the kind of image I would like to fiddle around with - and I'm starting my studies for this year tomorrow, so my entry might take a while. I wouldn't want to miss the deadline though. :)

I think I mentioned that before...

The way I do it is to open the image separately in a different GIMP window, then use the 'Select by Colour' tool to select the white background. Then I just delete it, copy the image again, and paste it wherever I want to put it.