Awesome Contest!!!

smumpkins

Its a furry emote... Uhhh, I dunno... I just started using them for some reason. ^w^

EDIT!!!!!!!!! January 16th 8:05pm EST:

My new entry...

bluerose-1.png

...and I can never have you.

This took a considerably longer time to make than my last entry, but you might like my last one better. IDC!!! I like them both and they are staying in my album for possible future edits. Click here to view the German version.

My first entry:

cherry_blossom.png

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... looks like I have some catching up to do in the graphics category. And no time to do it. <_<

I'm sorry man, but I just liked making this new one too much. ^_^ I got the idea of a blue rose in my head, found a good render, and made the background from scratch (which turned out to be the most dificult part.)

I pick the dancing taco!

No, I kid. Seriously, though. These images are all made really well, and I don't know how I'll vote, in the end. At least I've all day tomorrow to figure it out....

That sounds like a good idea - and I won't vote for my own graphic. Honest. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Well, it was too late for me to make a poll when I saw this, but I did get some input from people not part of this forum. General consensus is that Levy wins. The image that won can be found here.

Now that this has been decided, I shall work it out with him what to do with the prize.

I liked all of the entries, and it was a tough decision between Theo's neon rose and Levy's blue rose effect. v_v;;

------------

Week 3

------------

Okay, for this week's portion of the contest, it will require you to look at Levy's image and decide a good background that goes with this image.

This one does NOT require you to follow a specific theme, but it does require it to go well with this image, but not draw attention away from the image itself. I'd like the image to be large enough to cover the entire screen, but if it isn't, just make it so that it can be tiled and still look awesome. Tiled IS acceptable, so don't shy away from it. Once again, you get a week to work on this. Good luck! :wink:

Yay!! I won! ^_^ I might work on a background this weekend.

Now, I think making the background would be an unfair advantage for me, being I have access to the PSD and the render. Though I will not give up the PSD, I will post the render of the girl here. I'm making it harder for myself because I want a challenge and I don't like cheating people. Consider yourselves lucky, of course whether you use it or not is entirely up to you.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/tee...AnimeGirl-1.png

Levy, the background doesn't even have to be entirely with the image. It could just be some nifty color effects that look good with the image. That's why this part is easier. XP

I don't know, I just thought I ought to post the render. To be honest, I am not entirely sure how I came up with the background in the image, I was just randomly messing with the effects until something looked good. The PSD probably won't do me any good.

Edit: (8:50pm EST)

I can't believe I got it looking as identical to the original as I did.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/tee...bluerose_bg.jpg

I am satisfied with it. It isn't amazing, yet not horrible. At the very least, it isn't what I wanted. At any rate, its done. I might go back and remake it before the week is up so don't expect this to be the only submission of mine.

((I have no practice with Desktop backgrounds, but with my new RAM I managed to make this one rather easily. ^_^))

Levy, do you just sit around and do nothing but work on graphics? I still haven't had the time to work with photoshop. Heck, I've barely had time to get on WoW and see what's going on with my guild. v_v;; On top of that, I'm still only getting 3 hours of sleep at average. Wish I had more time in a day....

But, that's one entry. Can't wait to see some more. :wink:

I'll see what I can whip up - I have a more stable schedule now, so I should be able to find time. But I doubt I can compete with Levy.

Wow, sorry for not being on in a while...T-T January is the month of exams, and I was studying almost 24/7. =(

Graphics just aren't my thing. I can't make anything worth looking. (If you ever saw one of my old avatars, you probably noticed how crummy it looked).

I think I'll just sit around until the next week's contest comes. *starts studying Chem*

Wow, sorry for not being on in a while...T-T January is the month of exams, and I was studying almost 24/7. =(

Graphics just aren't my thing. I can't make anything worth looking. (If you ever saw one of my old avatars, you probably noticed how crummy it looked).

I think I'll just sit around until the next week's contest comes. *starts studying Chem*

I did say it doesn't have to be your own work, did I not? *looks to first post* Why, yes I did! >_>;;

It's easier to think of it as though you were looking at your computer background, and you wanted to put Levy's image up on it, as well. So, with that in mind, you want them to look nice together. After putting Levy's picture up, you go hunting for a background that would go behind and all around the picture that looks nice with his picture.

That's what I mean.

:yes: In cases where I'm looking for a background or whatever, I always take a shot at making it myself, since I need the practice.

Right... *looks at random squiggles in GIMP* Maybe I should get round to actually doing it. :P