Awesome Contest!!!

smumpkins

Okay, so I'm holding a contest. In this contest, we'll have a week (maybe less if the topic dies quickly) for each part of the contest.

Week 6: Okay, so this is the final week of the contest. There's no real contest to take part in, but there is a poll to decide the grand prize winner. The grand prize is 800k, so I'm sure all of the participants in the poll would greatly appreciate it if you voted. If you wouldn't mind, please stop by and vote in the poll. Oh, and please don't forget to explain your vote....

Week 5: Yep, still too lazy to go into a lot of detail on here about this part of the contest. This part is about One-Liners that can be considered appropriate and romantic. ^_^ Also released, I have announced the Grand Prize! I bet your jaws just slacked, and your mouths just began to salivate, after checking out that grand prize. :wink:

Week 4: Why wasn't this spoken about on here, earlier? Because I was too lazy. Why am I still not posting more about it, here? Because I'm still too lazy. If you really care to know what it was about, then go here.

Week 3: Whomever has the best background image that goes well with Levy's image wins! Yes, this has to do with images, again, but it's not exactly the same. Again, you don't have to do your own image, but this time there's no limit on the size. However, if you use a small image instead of a large background, make sure that it looks good tiled. Just because it's a tiled image does not mean that it will lose. The main thing I'm looking for is a background image that goes nicely with Levy's image, but doesn't take attention away from his image. So, nothing too flashy, and it doesn't have to meet any size criteria. I'm looking forward to all of your entries. :wink:

Week 2: Whomever has the best image that goes with the theme of roses/love wins! So, this part is even easier than the first week. You don't have to do your own image, but it does have to meet the size criteria. Please try to keep the image to these specs: Width of 400 (pixels) and a height of 550 (pixels). The size of the image doesn't have to be exact, but the closer... the better. Once again, depending on the quality of the image, I'll make the prize very nice. :wink:

Week 1: Whomever has the best poem on the subject of my choice wins! So, it's not hard. You can do haikus, or rhyming poems. Please don't do poems that don't rhyme, unless it's an haiku. Thank you, everyone. Depending on the quality of the poem, I'll make the prize very nice. :wink:

The poem topic is.... ROSE! Yep, it's that beautiful flower that every woman loves, and everyone hates buying since they're so freaking expensive. So, let's do this! XD

EDIT: Okay, so that you all know this up front (though it's a bit late, I guess), there are no limit on the number of "entries" you make. It will still come down to your best. *shrugs* So, let's see what you've got!

ANOTHER EDIT: The winner of each part will have their name entered into a poll for people to vote on an overall winner of this contest. If you win two parts, you're still only on the poll once. I'll also have it so that they have to explain their votes, or I won't count the vote at all. This way you don't think I'm playing favorites. Okay, so I just came up with this idea, and I'm putting it here. If you don't see it, it doesn't matter because it will happen later, anyways. Also, the grand prize will be announced at the beginning of the poll, so you'll know what you're fighting for. :wink:

The Contest Parts And When They Are/Were

- Poem (Fri. 4th - Thur. 10th) - winner is/was Ellie

- Image (Fri. 11th - Thur. 17th) - winner is/was Levy

- Background Image (Fri. 18th - Thur. 24th) - winner is/was Levy

- Background Music (Fri. 25th - Thur. 31st) - winner is/was Brittney

- Romantic One-Liner (Fri. 1st - Thur. 7th) - winner is/was Doc Loc

- Poll (Fri. 8th - Wed. 13th)

- Final Prize Will Be Given Out! (February 14th!!!)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't do poetry well at all... but I'll see if inspiration strikes me sometime soon.

We can start the poetry whenever it is convenient for everyone here. I, personally, would like it to run until a week before Valentine's day, so that I can give out the large prize on Valentine's day. I think we can even break this down into parts. How about we start the contest today. So, this part of the contest will start now, and it will run until Thursday, January 10th. You'll have one week to post the poems. The winner of this portion will get a prize. There will also be four other portions to this contest. To those that aren't great with poetry, but are more skilled with other areas - don't fret, because there's sure to be an area that is best suited for you.

So, how it will turn out will be the the winner of each category gets a prize after the week is over, and be eligible for a chance at the final prize, which will be handed out on Valentine's Day. :wink: You won't want to miss out on this!

I might try something, I acctually had something going in my haed last night but had no motivation or heart at the time. I'll write something down next time it comes to me.

Ever since you posted, I started writing this poem so I hope you like it XD.

A Gentle Description

As its gentle vestment of color

like a coral in the ocean

swirls as the wind enhances its peaceful fragance odor

and its rhythm fragiles its motion

Its cry of beauty

sinks you in its deep sorrow

even if you are moody

it brighten your eyes with its blow

When it flows around the garden

like the feathers of a broken pillow

makes you see all of the sudden

it is nothing compared to a willow

As it swims through your mind

and makes you touch its gentle wings

you do not go blind

even when you see its bling

When the times come for it to depart

but it tells you that it will come back

it does not help you, but to think you are apart

although you know it has to dieback

For it is so beautiful that an angel would touch

it makes you feel all the emotions

but it never makes you grouch

for it makes you gentle your own motions

Snowflake Penguin, I have to say this: That was absolutely beautiful! Though, I did kind of chuckle at the thought of "bling." XP This will be a tough one to beat. :yes:

Ah, don't fret if you feel you can't match their standards. Perhaps I'm not looking for a lengthy poem? And keep in mind, even though it starts with poetry, there are still other categories to look forward to. If Poetry isn't your cup of tea, perhaps ???? or ???? could be something you're better at. Now, I don't plan to give out any spoilers, though I can be bribed with tacos and Five Dubloon Coins. XP ...I think I need some tacos, tonight...

But, myself and a special person (who shall remain unnamed until Valentine's Day) really look forward to the results on here. :wink:

My poem is starting to take shape in my head... hopefully I'll write it down while this category is still open.

I can see that it's kind of slow for this first part, but I have a feeling that it's only because no one has confidence in themselves and their poetic abilities. But, I'm not going to laugh at anyone's submission (unless it's meant to be funny), so there's no worry for me to critique. :yes:

I got one Haiku: ( I couldn't find anything that rhymes on Love. Seriously that's a really hard word :S)

The colour is red,

it symbolize love,

one rose for world peace

( please, if it's something wrong with this Haiku, tell me)

Here's another one. Not sure if it's better than the first one, but here it goes XD

To my Likeness

As its radiant shine

lurks from below

right down my spine

it does not hurt, though.

Its petals will run

from sun to night

its job, will never be done

for it likes to make you feel right

As the sky begins to sob

its penance begins to fall

now the radiant has a job