One-Liners

smumpkins

So, this is the final part of the contest in which you can still take part and earn a prize, plus earn a chance to win the grand prize. If you want to know more about the grand prize, you can find that here. Other than that, let's get on with this.

All you need to do is make a romantic one liner. There's only a couple rules/guidelines:

1. Keep it appropriate!
  2. Note where you got it from
  3. Keep it at a single sentence (semi-colons are allowed)
  4. ENTER MORE THAN ONE, PLEASE!!!

This part of the contest shall be closed at 10pm NST, on Thursday, February 6th. Feel free to enter lots of entries, and have fun with it. :wink:

So do you mean pick-up lines (example: 'Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?') or just romantic lines (example:

'Love looks not with eyes, but with the mind.')

Yes those count as entries (depending on which one is correct :P )

@Doom: The second one would be what I'm going for.

@Jubjub: Actually, I've no one to impress with this site. I'm pretty much just making it for women in general. They deserve a little something nice that doesn't contain an ulterior motive.

Here are my entries. I created them because, I wouldn't want to win something using someone else's work.

-Your love will be kept, even during bad times, I will never forget.

-Your heart speaks, blossoms and warms my heart.

-Your love is my everything and is unique, like finding a rare pearl in the middle of the sea.

-There are times when I'm lost, but I find my path when I have your love.

-Like the shine of a treasure polished, your radiant touch glows in my heart.

Lol, that's a good one Mike. I already know what you are going to do with it.

You mean... make it into the titlebar of the site? That would be correct! Oh, and the site is obviously not for Veronique, if that's what you're thinking. XP

The Blue Rose carries my (sad) love for you.(Leave in or take out the sad)

Without you, I/my heart will wither and die.(Use, I or my heart)

I could grow a garden with my love for you.

Every day that passes with out your love, a petal falls, and my heart saddens.(Leave in or take out the last part)

Every tear that you drop, a petal falls from my heart.

(More to come(maybe))

-Remember when I moved in you; the holy dark was moving too, and every breath we drew was "Hallelujah."

-Love is not a victory march; it's a cold and it's a broken "Hallehlujah"

Rufus Wainwright/ Leonard Cohen, yo!

Nice. If I recall, those are both from Shrek. I'm enjoying these entries. :yes:

One of the cutest and sweetest I've heard:

"Whenever you get lonely, just look at the spaces between your fingers and remember... That's where mine fit perfectly."

My friend showed me it so I don't know where he got it from. :P

No, I'm not saying I don't like sweet. I was saying I've never seen so many. XP Now, if you WANT to make some darker ones, it certainly would be a nice bit of variation to all the sap that's flowing freely around here. :yes:

He's mad as he can be but Margaret only sees that sometimes; sometimes she sees her unborn children in his eyes.

He watches tug boats down canals and calls out to them when he thinks he knows the Captain then Margaret comes to take him home again through unforgiving streets that trick him though she holds his arm; sometimes he thinks that he's alone and calls her name.

Steve Goodman (The Dutchman)

They're mushy, I know. But "The Dutchman" is the best love song EVAR.

This isn't exactly a strong point of mine, so I'll just enter one (not very good) sentence for now and add more later:

"You hold my heart in the palm of your hand; I ask only that you keep it there, since I wouldn't want it anywhere else."