The Haunted House (it was fun while it lasted! Thanks!)

Ellie_Penguin

Why was he even here?

That was the question Lochzard could never understand. He had been nothing more than a mere lizard lost inside of a damp cellar. Now, a mutated monster took his place. Quietly, he closed his eyes to fall asleep. What's the use of being an advanced creature than before if you are now filled with thought and emotions to distract you? Before long, Lochzard was asleep.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mia, why are we walking? I can transport us home in a snap," said Scarllie as she was taking out her magic wand. Scarllie started to wonder, whether the giant Lizard was able to eat or get out of the house. "I'm beginning to feel bad for him, Mia. Do you really think he could be dangerous?" asked Scarllie.

Not long after Lochzard fell asleep that he woke up with a startle.

An image of a strange creature ran through his mind. It stood on two legs and most of the hair was on it's head. Why was he picturing this creature if he hadn't seen it before? Or had he? If so, what importance had this creature played in his life? Did it have connections with him at all?

Mia knew Scarllie was talking to her. But she couldn't hear here. It was as if Scarllie was miles away and Mi was traveling. But where? Suddenly, she was deposited in front of the house. Her mind still heard Scarllie and tried to stay there, but her body moved on it's own will. She walked in corrador after corridor. Finally she stopped. Tehre she was at the fabled basement door. Slowly her arm moved up to open teh dorr. She turned the handle. the door creaked open. And down into the dark she fell. Something had pushed her. Or maybe pulled her. just as she thought she'd hit the floor, she was back nad Scarllie was mad. Apparently Mia had never physically left and Scarllie really had been talking.

"Oh, crapola. He got out. I don't know how, but he di-" and at that Mia fainted. She just dropped, unexpectedly, leaving Scarliie in a stupor.

"Mia, I don't think this is the right time to worry about the Lizard," said Scarllie as she heard the footsteps of Idrissa approaching. Scarllie tried to use her wand, but some for reason it didn't work. "Mia, let's hide inside this closet. She won't find us here," said Scarllied as she grabbed Mia inside. Scarllie and Mia grabbed a pair of flashlights from their pockets and as they turned them on, they noticed a riddle on the back of the closet.

"As the unknown creature once lay in there. Say the magic word to enter its lair."

Scarllie and Mia sat on the floor...

"Scarllie, there is something you should know. First, when I was picking up hte book, I had this weird feeling. It felt as if the chapter on the House was light and the rest of the book was heavy. I could just feel it. It was weird. Next, when we were walking home, I heard footsteps, and then that's when I went into my trance adn collapsed. In my trance, I was taken to the house an dcontrolled. I think I was possessed by Robert. It was his ghostly footsteps that were echoeing in my head. He got out. Something is not right. He's still restless. He wants to move on, I cna tell. But there is something he did when he was alive tha tmust be holding him back. He did something bad, and to them he must repay. I read a book and it said somthing like, 'For whom the bell tolls, is he who must lay restless for years, unbeknowst to all but few, till he himself rights his wrongs.' Freaky huh? But I know we have to help him."

Mia was so out of breath. That was the most talking she had ever done at once, besides in public speech class, of course. The two continued to sit in the closet. Mia was tired so she leaned back against what she thought was a wall. But she fell through.

"A way out of here!" exclaimed Mia.

Or was it...?

Lochzard's bloodshot eyes glanced uncontrollably all around the cellar.

He was having one of those 'feelings' again. In other words, his emotions were acting up again. Something that Lochzard despised with all of his might.

Something, or someone, was meddling around with the House. Lochzard shifted. They should know better not to even know this house exists. All it has ever done was torture me. And that destructive creature... what was that? Looked pitiful to even be a living species.

Scarllie and Mia slid down a tunnel, until they crashed against what seemed to be a long carpet leading to yet, another door. "Mia, is this a dream? Doors keep leading to doors. This is just very weird," said Scarllie. The path to the next door seemed long and tiring for Scarllie and Mia, but soon they found themselves opening them and entering a some sort of secret Library. They looked around and found a silver plate with the name "Robert" printed on it. "Mia, I think this is Robert's Library. You were right, he has some unfinished business. Maybe we can find something about the Lizard. I have a feeling HE is very close."

Idrissa, as a raven, now was intrigued by the noise of the children.

visitors? Or prey for the Lizard? I must investigate this....

Now two days til full moon, she (as a human ((well it's full moon yet until tomorrow)) now slunk quietly around to the place where there were the people.

"What are you doing here?" she said, making the children jump. "It's dangerous here, don't you know that?"

"Oh... my... god. That's who was making the noise I heard. The footsteps, you know? I thought it was Robert sneaking around before he possessed me. Oh god. He's in this house. I think he went back to the front parlor. he died laying on his mantle. Funny place to be lying, eh? I think it was for some sort of expiriment. Any way, Ms. Raven-woman? What do you know about Robert and the lizard?"

mia sat and waited for Idrissa to answer. Aparently, she must have been a tad shocked that Mia knew she was a raven.

Noise. Is that what it sounds like? It's been forever since noise has entered my ears.

Lochzard looked restless as he dragged himself back and forth around his small sleeping area.

Noise travels pretty far in this building. It's been deserted for years and these materials it was made of certainly wasn't all that sound proof. Well, most of the building anyway. In any case, something is lurking in this abandoned House...

Lochzard decided it was best not to make a sound as of yet.

"I hear him! Well, his thoughts. He blocks out sound all his sound. He isn't willing to move or make a slight peep! The lizard must be so deprived. Follow me to hte kitchen. I know my way around from when he possessed me!" said Mia as she pulled Scarllie and Idrissa throught eh house, not waiting for Idrissa's answer.

"Mia did you hear that?" said Scarllie as she was pointing at a distant shadow. Scarllie looked at Mia and Mia looked at Idrissa and they saw the shadow walking away as if it was regretting what it has just said. "Mia, I think that was Robert, or maybe the Lizard." Said Scarllie as she pulled a book called "So you think you saw a creature?" out of her backpack.

"Don't worry, I've dealt with Robert before, just not the lizard. However, best form of attack is defense." she said, but before she could come closer, a cloud moved. "Run, you're in more danger than you know of! Fly!" then the change happened as the children looked on. However, some sanity appeared in the beast as it moved to protect the children from the lizard-thing. However, there was a sharp clang and a metal collar appeared from nowhere and was dragged into the darkness.

The reptile witnessed a hairy creature being dragged off into the darkness. That was the last straw. Lochzard had enough of this guessing game and roared loudly. He tore through the cellar's door and hissed angrily as he searched for the meddling beings who dared to enter this house.

Mia was possessed again. The only wat to communicate with Robert was through thinking. Robert quit it! I know you're there! I hate this. Do you want me dead? I cna help you!

There was a long pause. Mia could feel he was thinking. Yoooouuuuunnnnnggg girrrrrrrrrrllll....... I haaaaaavvvee waaaiiiitteedd fooorrrr cceeeennntuuurrriiess toooo beeeeee frrrrrreeeee. I dooonnn'tttt thhhhiiinkkk ttthhhhattt yyyouuuu cccouuulllddd hheelppp mmmeee...

That lizard will eat me whole! I can't live if you do this! WE CAN HELP YOU!!!! Mia scream-thought.

Heeeee dddoooeessssnnnn'tttt wwannnnttt yyyouuu. Itttt'ssss mmeeeeee heee'ss aaafftterrr. I cccaannn'ttt gooo toooo himmmmm aaallloooneee. Hhhheeeee ccannnn'ttt heeearrr mmeeee.. BBuuuttt yoouuu ccccannn talllk tooo hiiimmm. Pllleasseee. I kknnooww I ccannn coonnntrool yoouuuurrr spppeeecch ifff yoouuu lleeettt meeee. said Robert in his spooky moan-like voice.

..... Alright.

"I ...was...? But how? ...I was ...thinking everything... And why...did he...leave? HYe said... that he needed... me to help...him. He said he ...needed to take.. me down there... nad help... him talk.... to the ....lizard.... they call... Loch-loch-lochzard."

Mia was so out of breath. This had never happened before. She felt as though, when Robert left her, he had taken vast amounts of life energy from her.

There were footsteps behind the three girls. Mia and Scarllie looked at each other, both thinking it was Idrissa, but she was right next to them. Mia turned her head, along with the other two. There, in full grab looking pale, yet very human like, was Robert.

Lochzard turned a corner at a fast pace while snarling. Almost suddenly, he stopped in front of the ghostly figure and the three girls.

"....."

The reptilian creature roared and managed to perform a very well-balanced jump over the four figures. Lochzard turned around to face the menace as he landed his jump. The three girls were inbetween him and the ghostly creature.

Scarllie only thought of one thing. She took out her wand and began to shot out sparks at the ghostly creature. The ghostly creature was so powerful, it not only blocked the spells, but also they backfired on Scarllie.

Scarllie was lying down unconscious...