Obtaining Starter PetPets?

I'm currently working on a PetPet gallery, and in my Newbie pack I got Frogler and Weeble. Is there any way to obtain the other two, Liobits and Ditsy? Some sources say they can be Lab zapped, some say they can't be. Can they be gifted? TYIA! 

They're no trade items, so they can be gifted, and they can't be bought either. Jellyneo says they are obtainable through the petpet ray and they're pretty reliable so I suspect they are right!
As an aside, I somehow have all four newbie petpets. I'm wondering if it's possible to adopt a pet that has one of them attached and get one that way? I can't think of a reason that that wouldn't work, but someone else may know better.

There are the tutorial quests that gifted me the starter pack again when all completed so you can try to get the 1 or 2 you don't have from that. And I don't know how, but I have an extra Liobits you could have if there is any way to transfer/gift it.

10 hours ago, ranga_muffin said:

As an aside, I somehow have all four newbie petpets. I'm wondering if it's possible to adopt a pet that has one of them attached and get one that way? I can't think of a reason that that wouldn't work, but someone else may know better.

i believe that wouldnt work as you can't release a pet to the pound with it equipped, it gives you an error message until you remove the petpet. that happened to me as a kid when i tried to release a pet with a starter petpet (unless i'm misremembering)

Ah thanks for the help everyone!! When I got the second newbie starter pack from the daily quests, I ended up with the same exact two which was a bummer. 😵‍💫 Guess I'll have to prioritize getting lab ray map pieces so I can start zapping hapless petpets (and maybe end up with Flurm in the process.....)

I believe it was possible in the past to somehow get them to another account by transferring but it has been changed since then. I don't think there is any way now to get them to another account.

On 3/7/2024 at 10:35 PM, ranga_muffin said:

@auriferousxbee just in case you don't know this, even if you do zap one you won't be able to remove it from your pet to put in in the gallery!
There must be some way to acquire them as I have all of them, I just don't remember how, sorry!

PAIN. Does that go for any Zapped PetPets???

3 hours ago, auriferousxbee said:

PAIN. Does that go for any Zapped PetPets???

Yes. The moment you remove a zapped petpet from the pet, it returns to what it was before the zapping. And when you're really unlucky it might just be gone because of a zap. Although that's pretty rare.

19 hours ago, Duma said:

Yes. The moment you remove a zapped petpet from the pet, it returns to what it was before the zapping. And when you're really unlucky it might just be gone because of a zap. Although that's pretty rare.

I am devastated................. Thank you for this info though!!!