Alternative Fashion and Subcultures

Naamah D.

So, while I do look less Goth and Metal these days, I still love the music and admire the outfits I see on YouTube. What are your favorite alternative fashions and subcultures? I’d say Dark Academia, Fairy Kei and Grunge are my favorites. 

Note: I am going to an Amaranthe concert this Saturday, so I’ll be wearing a faux leather vest, a shirt with the band’s logo and dark makeup. Except I have less hair to headbang with, nowadays. 

Also, I forgot to show a before and after on my self care post.

Before:

397428490_6893842694005420_3522179362317

After:

397378963_6901806586542364_4333272635992

I love most j-fashion, and wear Lolita fashion and occasionally Menhera myself ^^ Goth is cool and i love to see those looks, but on me i prefer bright colors

edit: on the topic of lolita fashion, i tried making a neopets inspired coordinate before lol, if anyone's curious:

neoxap.png

Edited by iloveeevee
added to my message to avoid double posting

On 11/2/2023 at 4:30 PM, iloveeevee said:

I love most j-fashion, and wear Lolita fashion and occasionally Menhera myself ^^ Goth is cool and i love to see those looks, but on me i prefer bright colors

edit: on the topic of lolita fashion, i tried making a neopets inspired coordinate before lol, if anyone's curious:

neoxap.png

haha this is kind of awesome, irl customization. it's a whole look.

~kacheek core~

• 4 weeks later...

Although I don't know if I'd call it alternative fashion and subcultures, but out of all my friends (I'm in my late 20s btw), was probably the first to come out as trans. I crossdressed at the beginning (almost 13 years ago) before fully coming out. HA! I still dress a bit like an Chinese FOB, even though I've been in the US for 23 years now. 😅 Never quite fully assimilated into the US culture I guess.

The trans thing is also why I never showed my Neopets username on here. I'm quite ashamed of it as it has my deadname in it.