An Error occurred when connecting to neopets services!

bonnie_morrison

I went to the Altador cup page and clicked on one of the games and got this message: An Error occurred when connecting to neopets services! and then just for the fun of it, I clicked on my shop and it gave me a 403 Forbidden error. Anybody else seen this tonight?

update: one of my roommates tried her neopets account as well and she's getting the same messages. she filed a trouble ticket with neopets.

ok, I was worried that it might have been just me or the shared computer we all use. But as my roommate Catherine said, it's annoying when she's trying to play the Altador cup and getting that message.

And another update: it won't allow any of us into the battledome and when we try to use the shop wizard, it gives an error as well. Has anybody ever heard of this?

Edited by bonnie_morrison

i was having some problems with my AC scores not sending properly yesterday but other then that everything seems to be working fine for me this morning and i just finished a battle in the battledome so maybe it is fixed now?

no, I switched to my work computer and tried it on there, and it's still giving me a 403 forbidden error on my shop, the shop wizard still will not search and when I click on battle I get this message: "Oops!  Something went wrong while trying to start the battle.  Please reload the page and try again. " I'm going to try and access my account from another location later to see if it is just the neopets site security not liking my internet ip-that has happened before and when my isp reset my signal, it worked. 

I figure they have several servers spread out in different data centers in the world and various web pages go on specific ones.  So, it's possible that just some of the neopets pages would be unavailable, but what breaks from our point of view will appear random.  It's not something we are doing wrong or can fix.

Theories aside, I'm happy to report that I was able to collect interest and spin trudy's surprise, play a game of slushie slinger and also fight in the battledome without any issues.  I'm in the US, so maybe those servers are up and working now.

ah, that could be it, I'm in Canada, and my inventory says loading too, I got my isp to reboot my internet signal and it was still happening, this started about 10:30-11 pm my time, (which would have been around 6:30 PST), and I think they do have servers for different countries, oh well, as I said my roommate filed a ticket on it and I will probably file one myself, but they probably won't be able to do anything about it until tomorrow anyway.

Edit: I can access some things like Grave danger and the shops, but just certain items like Trudy, the battledome and games aren't working, wonder if it's a security thing.

Edited by bonnie_morrison

that is very odd I am in Canada as well (Ont.) and haven't had any issues so far today not that, that helps you any 

Hopefully whatever is going on fixes soon for you

sorry for the double post, but I seem to be unable to edit, but I was checking the neoboards this morning (although it gives me the 403 Forbidden Error if I try to post) and there are other people having this issue as well, so it hopefully they will get it fixed in the next few days. 

it was working last night and for part of this morning and then about 9am EST it started doing it again, and I'm missing out on the Altador cup as well, I updated my ticket, but this is very annoying....

I saw on the topic for this on the Neopets help forum that it seemed to be happening to people with Google Fiber or who had certain internet service providers, it's probably something to do with Stackpath again.