Welp, finally cancelled Premium...

Secre

My renewal comes up next month and I've been getting increasingly antsy about not remembering to cancel and getting charged full price as the sale price still hasn't appeared.

I'm only spending about half an hour a day on the site max. There's virtually nothing to do. I go on, do my dailies (when I remember), occasionally buy NC stuff - I'm eyeing up those Halloween grams - and then... log off. That's not worth £60. It's probably not worth the sale price, but I'm a sucker for nostalgia and I'd pay it.

I'm not even willing to buy more NC at this point - I have some leftover on my main, but I've been eyeing up more pet slots on my sides and cannot justify spending real money on the site. If the sale had come out and I'm already purchased another year, maybe - in for a penny, in for a pound and all that. But I'm not even going to have that next month!

They must be losing bucket loads of people as I can't be the only one not willing to pay full price for a half broken site.

It's sad, as when I came back during the first lockdown I'd spend hours on the site playing the Flash games, getting involved in events and going from no NC to a full closet of NC items (spending way too much money in the process). I happily paid full price for Premium then. Whereas now... well... it's a 50/50 gamble if I remember to do my dailies.

Yeah, I agree. I've recently gone back to playing and I love the nostalgia, especially since the BD is the one I enjoy the most. But after getting wiped after recovering my account, coupled with the flash games being gone, as well as the horrendous security system that forces me to use VPN whenever I play, I am having second thoughts with keeping my premium up. They wouldn't even answer my question if I would be reimbursed for more than 2 weeks of not being able to login to the website because of stackpath specifically blocking my main IP.

I love Neopets and I love my pets. But this kind of service is just downright disappointing for the price of premium.

1 hour ago, bLitz1609 said:

Yeah, I agree. I've recently gone back to playing and I love the nostalgia, especially since the BD is the one I enjoy the most. But after getting wiped after recovering my account, coupled with the flash games being gone, as well as the horrendous security system that forces me to use VPN whenever I play, I am having second thoughts with keeping my premium up. They wouldn't even answer my question if I would be reimbursed for more than 2 weeks of not being able to login to the website because of stackpath specifically blocking my main IP.

I love Neopets and I love my pets. But this kind of service is just downright disappointing for the price of premium.

If they give a sale price, I might bite. But honestly, the longer I get used to not having it, the less likely I am to actually re-purchase. So if the sale comes around before mid-November, nostalgia might win out. Wait too long after that and I'll be wondering if it's really worth it for a SSW I don't really use (I re-stock like monthly as I find it boring), extra pet slots (that I will miss, I admit) and easy np farming through Jetsam (that I often forget to do because remembering to log on doesn't come instinctively when there's so little else to do).

You're unlikely to get your two weeks re-imbursed though. Perhaps try and ask for them to add two weeks to the end of your renewal?

And yep, I love my pets. But the site has become boring...

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to be reimbursed but rather get extended premium. But support doesn't even answer my question regarding that one when they reply to my stackpath issue.

I don't think I'd miss jetsam all that much since FC is my main source of NPs and SSW is probably gonna be a bit of an inconvenience but not the end of the world since I can just rerun the search.

But yeah, the site has become boring since they stopped fixing stuff and just keep adding others in.

1 hour ago, berriganify said:

wait, premium doesn't pause/cancel when your account/ip is banned? that...... that doesn't sound legal?

That would be... logic. No, no it doesn't. They will happily take your money and keep you banned. And if you dare do a chargeback, they will ban you permanently for costing them money.