Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

So even though it was cancelled my friends and I had a cyber-viewing party last night to watch all the songs that would have competed and we voted to see who could have won.

聽

Did anyone else check out the songs from this year? Anyone got any favorites? Some of them were really good!

Posted

I'm not a frenetic Eurovision fan but a fan nonetheless!聽

At home, we always watched Eurovision since I have a聽memory so it's something that brings me a lot of nostalgia!聽Plus it's so interesting to have a show that connects live Europe!

I'm always eager to watch it every year! It makes me sad that the format is changing a bit from the original concept but let's leave that for another time 馃槅

I did watch the 3 shows they broadcast this past week and these were the ones I liked in a no-specific order:聽

聽

Italy聽Diodato - Fai Rumore聽

Denmark聽Ben & Tan - YES

Malta聽Destiny - All of my love聽

North Macedonia聽Vasil - YOU

Iceland聽Da冒i og Gagnamagni冒 - Think About Things

Sweden聽The Mamas - Move

Ireland聽Lesley Roy - Story Of My Life

Switzerland聽Gjorn's Tears - R茅pondez-moi聽

Lithuania聽The Roop - On Fire

Croatia聽Damir Ked啪o - Divlji Vjetre

Ukraine聽Go_A - Solovey

Belgium聽Hooverphonic - Release Me

Norway聽Ulrikke - Attention

聽

I didn't pick yet my favorite聽one but....聽it's probably Italy.聽

How about you? 馃檪聽

聽

Posted

I forgot all about it! *woe*

Last year there was a board on neo where we were all watching it and that was a LOT of fun.

How is it presented usually in your country? I mean the voice-over commentary? Graham Norton does it for the UK . He's excellent at it as he's such a good presenter; quick-witted and funny, and doesn't take things seriously at all, he makes fun of things without being offensive which is quite a skill. Terry Wogan did it before, hmmm, he was also Irish... 馃 Graham definitely follows in Wogan's footsteps though, if the commentary was dull/too serious it wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun to watch. I wish I'd remembered and watched whatever it was that they showed this year!

Posted

I watched Eurovision twice in my life

One when Ruslana won聽

and the other in 2006 when Lordi won (people were like omg who are these guys they're awesome聽.. but i knew about Lordi long before they played in Eurovision) i mean they're just a copy of Gwar聽

Then i completely lost touch with the whole thing聽

Heard there were many controversies in recent years though .. ? a bearded woman ? something like that聽

Posted

I think my favorite this year was聽Da冒i og Gagnamagni冒, but Little Big's was also hilarious and gave me huge Aqua feelings.

I'm in the US, so it's never really "aired" here - we usually watch it online. It's a lot of fun, though! I heard that they did a like... eurovision throughout the years broadcast or something this year, where they celebrated past winners from the previous competitions.

Conchita Wurst is an icon and I love them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...