Is the money tree worth it?

neo_girl_300993

I always thought it wasn't, as there is mostly junk and valuable items are snatched instantly. But today i randomly went to the money tree and got stuff like a codestone worth 18000np and two petpets worth 8000 each. So I'm beginning to reevaluate... Or was I just extremely lucky and usually this kind of stuff never happens? Refreshing for ages on end is just so drab.

I don't do it all the time, but I've found some decent items in the Money Tree quite a few times. I really think it all comes down to luck, though. You can never tell what kind of day it's gonna be. So maybe just give yourself a set amount of time you're willing to refresh for? There are definitely some generous neopians out there!

I think it's worth it at times. As Wolfish said, there are definitely some generous neopians out there.  I have donated some nice things myself.  Some people donate NC items, and you CAN get them.  You can/will get up to 10 items per day.  sometimes you do get lucky.  Don't give up.  

As they have said, it is all about luck and timing. Less busy times of the day make it easier to get something. But it may also mean fewer people are donating then too. The speed of your internet connection is a factor. If you are going to spend much time at this, I suggest taking a small piece of paper and writing numbers 1 through 10 on it. Then list what you grab. Remember, the Thrift Shoppe (for wearables) also has some valuable items too. I've found that items there are usually easier to grab, maybe because fewer people know about it. When you grab an item from either place, write it down as one of your daily 10 items (it's not 10 for each but a combination of the two). That will help you determine if you are still able to grab items or are just missing getting them in time. I've noticed that there are times when a rich or generous player feels like gifting several or more items at once. Those are the times you hope you have several of your ten slots still open and not wasted on cheap items. Several years ago the Thrift Shoppe was an easy way to make a daily fortune. I used to grab items and flip them before the value would drop. Now, I see fewer such opportunities. Or maybe I'm just spending less time there now.

http://www.neopets.com/thriftshoppe/index.phtml

Isn't anyone else finding the money tree completely unusable right now? Because of the purple haze. You have to click "ok" on the message that pops up before you can click on anything on the page, which means I can't click on anything fast enough anymore to actually get anything. How are you all getting around this problem?? I just want the purple haze to go away ugh I don't want to do this plot

15 hours ago, queen_elisabeth19 said:

Isn't anyone else finding the money tree completely unusable right now? Because of the purple haze. You have to click "ok" on the message that pops up before you can click on anything on the page, which means I can't click on anything fast enough anymore to actually get anything. How are you all getting around this problem?? I just want the purple haze to go away ugh I don't want to do this plot

I cleared the haze with one of the potions, I don't remember which but you can check the tdn guide. Then you won't have the problem anymore :)