Ghoul catchers not awarding neopoints

mangopurin

After completing the level, it shows that I have been awarded 1000 nps on neopet.com but nothing's changing on the site

So... this problem actually happened to me before and I submitted a ticket to TNT regarding the problem. They solved it within a few hours but I can't believe the same problem occurs after 4 days. :sad02:

Is anyone else having this problem? Any way to solve it myself? I really don't want to send a ticket every time this happens. THANKS!

After completing the level, it shows that I have been awarded 1000 nps on neopet.com but nothing's changing on the site

So... this problem actually happened to me before and I submitted a ticket to TNT regarding the problem. They solved it within a few hours but I can't believe the same problem occurs after 4 days. :sad02:

Is anyone else having this problem? Any way to solve it myself? I really don't want to send a ticket every time this happens. THANKS!

Ghoul Catchers has a daily reset time of 5pm NST, or it could be 4 pm NST. I think it is currently 5 pm NST and will change to 4 pm NST, with the time change in the fall. GC also has a daily NP limit of 50K NP. I don't always get the message that I reached the daily NP limit and often still get the "you have earned 1000 NP" message even after reaching 50K NP. So, I keep track of the NP I earn.

So, it is possible you played GC after 5 pm yesterday, and already reached your 50K NP limit? Try playing after 5 pm NST, today, and see if you start receiving your NP again.

Ghoul Catchers has a daily reset time of 5pm NST, or it could be 4 pm NST. I think it is currently 5 pm NST and will change to 4 pm NST, with the time change in the fall. GC also has a daily NP limit of 50K NP. I don't always get the message that I reached the daily NP limit and often still get the "you have earned 1000 NP" message even after reaching 50K NP. So, I keep track of the NP I earn.

So, it is possible you played GC after 5 pm yesterday, and already reached your 50K NP limit? Try playing after 5 pm NST, today, and see if you start receiving your NP again.

Thanks for your quick reply! It worked :)!!! I 

I wonder why they have it at 5 PM NST and not at midnight NST like all the other games. It's a bit confusing esp. if you live in a different time zone. I only remember what time NST midnight is in my timezone and I don't feel like calculating what time that makes at 5 PM NST.

Because of that, it happened to me as well that I didn't get anymore NP even though I thought I hadn't played 50 yet.

Luckily I knew of the different reset time and just tried again the next day thinking "I probably played some games too late yesterday".

I'm up all times of the day because of my work, so I never really keep track of time (or rather what time it is, let alone what NST time it is) when I'm free and playing games :p

But really... I think it would make things a lot easier for all players if the reset time was at the same time as the other games.

I agree, Duma. Well, 5 PM NST is midnight UTC/GMT. My guess is, whatever they do to update the reset time, via a script or server time, that they are using UTC/GMT time instead of local time. www.worldtimeserver.com is a site I use, as I get confused with different time zones, too. It would be nice if they fixed it. (Not holding my breath, though). Maybe it would be a good question to pose to the Neopian Times Editorial?