Help

chili29

Hi! I'm new here and would like to ask assistance. I have a semi active neopet that I've been using for several years now. I was using this last night and logged out. Now I cant seem to log in to it. I did not change my password. I have been all means necessary just to get my password. I have not been receiving any email notification. I even sent a ticket asking for assistance with the admin of neopets but I haven't gotten any reply (its still an open ticket). What happened? How can I retrieve my password?

Arrgghh!Its just frustrating to feel helpless. I can't open my KingCharles29.I feel so blah and stupid that I can't figure out what's wrong.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This seems to be happening to several Neopet players. Please take a look at this topic, posted by hrtbrk, titled "Spring Reminder: Change Your Password!", here, on TDN: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/46675-spring-reminder-change-your-password/. In it, hrtbrk explains/lists a message (4th post down), that the TNT Team posted on Neopets, on their official "The Official Neopets Team Message Board", on the Neopets Chat Neoboards. Basically, TNT found that there was a data breach of their accounts database, back in 2012. Player account information may have been leaked to third parties. So, in order to protect accounts that may have been compromised, TNT is forcing/implementing a password reset for those accounts. It is highly possible your "semi-active" was one of the accounts compromised. I have seen posts on the "Help" Neoboard and on Neopets FB page, where individuals are complaining of the same thing you are - able to login one day and access the site, but unable to login the next. If you are given the option to reset your password, you may want to try that. From my understanding, the compromised account password change page is asking for the original email address you used to register that account. That appears to be a problem for others, too, as some have mentioned they no longer have that "old" email account. In that case, Neopets FB, recommended you to submit a ticket, which you already did. So, right now, all you can do is hang tight and wait for a response for your ticket. Unfortunately, I do not know how long that can take. I've also seen complaints on the Neoboards about not receiving the "change password request" email message, when you are able to access the password reset page. It seems some email providers (AOL being mentioned the most) are blocking messages from Neopets as spam, or blocking the messages altogether - meaning they don't accept the message and you don't get notification the message was rejected. That could be a possibility, too. Please read hrtbrk's post and comments, and take a look at this thread on the "Help" Neoboards about the issue too, from other Neopians having problems: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=158041295. You may find tips/suggestions there, and at least you will know you are not alone.

EDIT: I was able to view your user lookup and your account is not frozen. I think that is a good sign. I saw your Lupe, too. I was using the exact same wool cap and scarf on my Gelert! However, I did find a matching scarf, for the wool cap. I'll send you one. I switched to the Lupe hat, for now, as beating AAA in "Extreme Herder" made me and my Gelert worthy of wearing it.