Looking for an easy/cheap graphic program

coley

I remember that I made a lookup for myself back in the day on my old account, but I don't remember what I used to do it. (Yeah, it was a pretty long time ago.) Does anyone have suggestions for any cheap/free and easy-to-use graphics programs for making a banner or user lookup from Neopets images? Photoshop? GIMP? I don't know much about graphics programs now, but I'm willing to teach myself with online guides or books from the library. ;) As long as I can find a program that's cheap and works well. 

Personally I never liked GIMP and chose to stick with the familiar Photoshop and that's all I use. I even use it for digital drawings too. I have a Mac so I also have a free program called Sketchpad Express from the Mac App Store.

Another option is to use an online based image editor. Pixlr.com is a good option and you can use their web based editor here for free. They've changed their site a bit so I'm not sure what a desktop download of the program will cost.

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I was a little skeptical when I went to GIMP's website and saw that I had to download it through mirror websites anyway. I wish I had a Mac, but I will definitely try out Pixlr. Thank you!

Well, I use a very old program, Jasc's Paint Shop Pro 6. Its about 17 years old. LOL But you might find the cd on eBay for relatively cheap, maybe around $20. I REALLY like the user interface... I must if I still use it. ;) It's pretty simple. But for free, I've not gotten to giving this program a solid shot yet, but it seems to have a lot of functionality, I'm not really crazy about the interface, but that's me. ;) Plus it's FREE!

It's called FireAlpaca. Here is their english site. It's completely free FOREVER. lol

http://firealpaca.com/en

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I also use Paint Shop Pro, but I believe it's a newer version. However that program is just plain amazing! I love it. It has never failed me before. I have another program I use for animations, but I can't remember what It's called at the moment as it's been awhile. But I do remember it's pretty neat. It sets up the frames for you and actually show how they move. Paint shop pro has the frame by frame ability, however it doesn't show you it moving as it's your editing it.

Musical Shoyru, nice to know someone else uses Paint Shop Pro as well! I also have PSP7 for Animation Shop 3, which I guess Corel still offers. Though I'm not sure if they've changed it since buying out Jasc, a number of years back, the originators of Paint Shop Pro. Most of my animations are done in Animation Shop 3, all of them have used AS3 in SOME way, Even if it's just stringing the frames together and then saving, not as a gif, but saving all the individual frames as PNGs or some other higher quality format is great. I can then use those frames at FULL quality in my movie maker program, Move Edit Pro 2015. Which like so many OTHER things, sadly has zero support for animated gifs. They just show the first frame for the length of the animated gif's timing. :( Animated Gifs are FUN, I don't know WHY very few programs support them. :(

One thing about AS3 that is odd apparently, is that you time frames in 1/100ths of a second time. I've messaged a few people into animation, but nobody has ever heard or seen that kind of timing system. A shame, because I really like it. ;) Want a single frame to display for 2 and a half seconds? Time the frame to 250 and it will. LOL The frame counts for my animation projects would be HUGE (larger than they already are) if I HAD to double up unmoving frames to draw out a scene. lol XD

Coley, I was looking around, and came across this site. It has a free program as well called Krita. I'm just starting to look around the site, so I don't really know anything about it yet.

https://krita.org/