Is anyone else saving for the lab ray? :D

ixi_lover_ixi

I want two more labs.  I really should get around to buying them soon, instead of waiting while the price continues to go up.

One thing that I really wish someone had suggested when I first got the lab map is making a side account right away.  If there is even a remote chance that one day you might want to zap pets to trade or give away, it very quickly comes in handy, since the number of transfers a user has is linked to their account age.

I just got my last piece!

I was very lazy and didn't want to spend my NP's. I'm so happy that a generous friend gave me one of the pieces...and I just won an action to get the last piece!

WooHoo!

*Update*

I just checked, and see that there is a link to go, per TDN, but it just sends me to the "Welcome to Neopets" page.

It's okay...Scoobert_Doo helped me! ^_^

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you ^^

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I hear the lab is pretty amazing, so I'm also saving up for it. I recently just reached 1 million NP in my bank account, but I haven't bought any of the pieces yet. I'm sure the entire map is more than 1 million NP, so, just to be safe, I'll wait until I get 2 million NP, so I can buy all of the pieces on the same day (if I can find them all). I'm hoping to be able to reach my goal by June! Good luck on your mission as well! :laughingsmiley:

Edit: Also, is there any way of getting the map pieces besides Shop Wizard, Auction House, and Trading Post?

Hi. Other ways of getting map pieces include Random Events, Scorchy Slots and if Key Quest EVER comes back! 

I was saving up for a lab map for years... finally got the whole thing last month! Thanks to Trudy's surprise. I got most of my pieces via REs and I bought some via the Shop Wizard. Tried to get some on the Auctions but wasn't very successful lol. The last piece was that first piece (the Mountain) and most expensive.  Trudy's Surprise really funded that for me as I don't have time to play games or restock often.  Good luck with getting your map together every one. It's worth it!

I started saving for the lab ray map a month ago, first time I came back in years too.

But how much should I save for the total map? I still need 9 out of 9 haha.

People are selling the full map for 1.6m on the trading post. :/ Which is insane in my opinion. It'd probably cost you around 1.48m to get all the pieces separately and even less if you were able to underbid on every piece. But that would also take a lot of time and effort instead of just saving and buying all at once. Good luck! I hope you can find some free pieces through random events and other things! 

I am extremely talented, and I managed to lose the piece that costs around 150k when I sent it to my side.  I bought a new one and got it for a decent price, but I have no idea what happened to the first one.  Next time, I'm using the trading post, since I don't think I can trust myself to send the pieces individually as gifts.

I am extremely talented, and I managed to lose the piece that costs around 150k when I sent it to my side.  I bought a new one and got it for a decent price, but I have no idea what happened to the first one.  Next time, I'm using the trading post, since I don't think I can trust myself to send the pieces individually as gifts.

That's weird. You might have put in the wrong name?

• 2 weeks later...

I just completed the lab map a 3 days ago! I'm celebrating by not looking at my bank balance for a few days  :happydance:

Hopefully I get some decent zaps, so far all I got was a gender change and stat decreases.

I'm thinking of getting one for my side as well...... in the distant future