Treasure Maps

WeyrCat

Hi! I keep getting pieces to the Spooky map, and then selling them for whatever that piece happens to go for, but I'm wondering if there's a useful point to putting the non-daily maps together? I have Lab, Petpet, and Shore, and I think I know that Spooky and the others (I don't think I really see the others) offer maybe a pittance in reward NPs, but the pieces still sell really well. This makes me wonder if there's another reason to collect them, besides intrinsic value. Considering only intrinsic value, do they stay showing up as a completed map once you've done it, or does it just blank out back to a grid of question marks so you can submit it again and again? If it filled up and stayed filled up, I might do it, just to go see the map page completed (like a stamp page)!

Hi! I keep getting pieces to the Spooky map, and then selling them for whatever that piece happens to go for, but I'm wondering if there's a useful point to putting the non-daily maps together? I have Lab, Petpet, and Shore, and I think I know that Spooky and the others (I don't think I really see the others) offer maybe a pittance in reward NPs, but the pieces still sell really well. This makes me wonder if there's another reason to collect them, besides intrinsic value. Considering only intrinsic value, do they stay showing up as a completed map once you've done it, or does it just blank out back to a grid of question marks so you can submit it again and again? If it filled up and stayed filled up, I might do it, just to go see the map page completed (like a stamp page)!

I think if you are getting them via REs then it may be worth keeping them and either using them or selling it as a whole map.  However, if you have to buy the map, it is worth selling it rather than using it as the sum of it parts are worth more than its total.  Meaning, the prize you get from it is less than what you will pay for the pieces of the map.  So, if you end up getting the entire map from REs, then it may be worth it, but otherwise, my advice, keep selling.   That's jmo.

Here is a TDN guide about the treasure maps, including the Spooky one: http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/treasure-maps/. Once completed, you cannot do it again. It gives about 10K NP for completing the map, and you get to "hunt" for other treasures indicated on the map, which is usually "junk" spooky foods. I had a few pieces from REs, and bought the rest, as they were relatively inexpensive, compared to the Secret Laboratory Map. I ended up paying more for the pieces, than I got from completing the map, but I had fun hunting for the treasures. If you have enough pieces to complete the map, I'd say give it a try, if you think you'd have fun. Otherwise, as rntracy1 recommended, keep selling.

• 3 weeks later...

Id just like to say that spooky maps are no longer worth it now that snorkle snouts deflated :(

Original treasure maps are usually not worth it too unless you get very lucky since a lot of r90-99s deflated with draik eggs dropping too.