How does one play Hannah and the Pirate Caves?

linda

I'm trying to get the avatar... but I can't even open up the game. 

I've tried safari, chrome, mozilla firefox and opera so far but nothing seems to work .

I have the same problem with gourmet club bowling where if I try opening out hannah and the ice caves first and then opening gourmet club bowling, I get to play the game, but on the top left corner of the game (about 1/4 of the window) is black... so I can't even see where I'm aiming half the time orz. 

If anyone knows a solution for playing these two games, that would be awesome. Thanks!

So someone posted this on the neopet boards today:

to those who want to play the game; you need to uninstall your current adobe flash, restart and install an older version of shockwave; restart again and run the game on safari. this worked for me

Hopefully this helps someone! I'll be trying it myself now =)

I tried playing Hannah last week sometime and had no issues. I'm using Firefox with whatever version of Shockwave and the newest Flash update. If you can get one of the shockwave games to work you can probably get the others to work too. :)

So someone posted this on the neopet boards today:

to those who want to play the game; you need to uninstall your current adobe flash, restart and install an older version of shockwave; restart again and run the game on safari. this worked for me

Hopefully this helps someone! I'll be trying it myself now =)

Did it work? I've been wanting to (try) get the HaTPC avatar for a long time. The games mentioned all use Adobe Shockwave for Director, including "Attack of the Slorgs". Chrome no longer supports certain plug-ins, and Shockwave is one of them. I receive a "DGS" error with Firefox and with IE 11, I have to use "compatibility view" to get the page to display, but when the game appears, the top, left quadrant, so to speak, is completely black, and I cannot see anything. Also, when I press jump to start, nothing happens. I have a Windows PC, so I cannot try Safari, unless I find an old version. It would be nice if TNT were able to at least update them to Adobe Flash or, even better, via HTML 5 standards.

I tried playing Hannah last week sometime and had no issues. I'm using Firefox with whatever version of Shockwave and the newest Flash update. If you can get one of the shockwave games to work you can probably get the others to work too. :)

That's intriguing, because that's the exact same set up as I have, and they're not working for me, curious! Not that I'm really bothered because I don't play either of them regularly, so I'm happy to wait for things to sort themselves out. :yes:.

That's intriguing, because that's the exact same set up as I have, and they're not working for me, curious! Not that I'm really bothered because I don't play either of them regularly, so I'm happy to wait for things to sort themselves out. :yes:.

I'm also on a Mac so I'm not sure if that makes any difference or not. I should actually try and get the Hannah avatar since it's working for me. :)

I'm also on a Mac so I'm not sure if that makes any difference or not. I should actually try and get the Hannah avatar since it's working for me. :)

I bet you being on a Mac does make a difference, it certainly seems to with a lot of other things, doesn't it. Good luck with trying for the avatar. :D

How long has HATPC not been able to play? I've done a lot of digging and it seems it's been months now :(

I've tried every setting possible in every web browser to the point of utter frustration. I just want to play the game :( It's one of my favourites. I can play Ice Caves just fine but I want to be able to play the first one, too.