Best way to get expencive items?

So I just got a new pet that I love but I want to change the color to make it a dreamie. I'm wondering the best way to get money and expensive items. What would your advice be?

I would say play "clickable" games like Pyramids, Gromball, Dice-a-Roo and many others. I got my start with Neopoints by random events while playing these kinds of games. Shop Keepers or other random Neopians will show up and give you items. They are not always amazing sometimes only worth 1-2k in your shop but it's 100% profit either way. Also, some events will have amazing rewards in the prize shops, especially plot events. Many of these items are worth millions of NP. Over all it takes time, patience, and some effort as well as just saving more NP than you spend. The more NP you have the more you make.

Well you can get from 900-1100 from Fashion Fever. Here are some games that I personally have an easy time getting 3000 NP daily from:

Kass Basher- Wait until the wind is 9 and click every time it bounces.

Barf Boat- Try to limit the petpets on the boat by 3, otherwise it's too hard to counterbalance.

Bumble Beams- Don't wait too long on the same platform or it will be too hard to control.

Jubble Bubble- Once you get over 500 points, stop going for the seashells. You can charge your shot even if the Jubjub isn't directly below you to save time.

Extreme Faerie Cloud Racers- Look at the minimap the whole time so you can easily avoid your opponents.

Faerie Cloud Racers- I don't really have a strategy for this, just try to get your opponent in a small area if possible.

Spellseeker- Choose numbers. Always try to look for the best possible combo you can get with the gold numbers and get rid of the poison ones if necessary.

The Buzzer Game- Just take your time. That's the only good advice I can give you for this, sadly.

Wrath of the Snowager- Don't go too close to the edge and you should be fine.

Terror Mountain Tilt- This game seems to be overlooked (which is how I got a gold trophy in it). I recommend playing on the popup window.

Also if you can learn the ropes of Shapeshifter, that can be a handy 5000 NP every day!

By playing all of the games listed above and doing your dailies, you should easily be able to make over 40000 NP a day! Hope this helped you! :)

Along with the games and dailies, you could play Ghoul Catchers either on your phone or on Facebook. You can earn up to 50,000 NP a day to your Neopets account and you can replay levels, so if you just wanted to get the NP, you could play level one 50 times.

I think the above strategies are the way to make bank. But the only true way to "get rich quick", is by luck. If you're EXTREMELY lucky, you could get a rare paintbrush from fruit machine, alien vending machine, or perhaps less so from the forgotten shore; as I got a maraquan paintbrush on a ptolymelon roll at fruit machine, which was worth about 4 mil at the time. So to reiterate once more, luck.

Agreed with above, there aren't any get quick rich schemes. Long term investments in stocks always pay off, learning restocking will pay off, getting into Food club (especially with an aged account) is very lucrative. To fund these, I would suggest doing some Flash games and Ghoul catchers. I play level 2 of Ghoul catchers over and over again which takes about a minute and nets 1k! 

I would highly recommend food club betting since you have an older account. I just started two months ago and I've already made two million aside from all the other stuff I do. 

Is there a good guide for Food Club? I'm interested in learning too. I have an older account but am sadly broke as a joke. HA. Thinking about getting into the new (to me) stamps and baubles, but MAN things are EXPENSIVE nowadays.

For people new to Food Club I always recommend looking over this guide. I'd suggest you start off by using other users' bets, such as Garet (Boochi Target) or Sidney, as they have been doing this for years and have a system that profits more times than not. 

As other people have said, following the TDN Dailies page nets a pretty good profit, but it's generally the long-term investments (Food Club, Stock market, etc) that pay off more in the end. 

For people new to Food Club I always recommend looking over this guide. I'd suggest you start off by using other users' bets, such as Garet (Boochi Target) or Sidney, as they have been doing this for years and have a system that profits more times than not. 

As other people have said, following the TDN Dailies page nets a pretty good profit, but it's generally the long-term investments (Food Club, Stock market, etc) that pay off more in the end. 

Thanks for the guide! And I definitely use their dailies page. Even when I was on hiatus during University, I'd sometimes pop open the dailies page, because it's so quick to knock them all out that way! :D